advertisement_alt
Trembath29

SNG question

Question

15 answers to this question

uhmm, no, don't shove almost 6 times the pot with bottom 2 pair.

Pot is 350. I would bet out 250 or so, shove over anyone that raises. We got blockers for 33 and 88, AA would've raised pre. We're ahead of every Ax but A3 and A8.

If there's aggressive players behind + the usual calling stations, you can just check, then someone bets say 250, someone else flats, NOW you can shove since there will be like 800 in the pot and one of them is likely calling while behind (with Ax or whatever).

You could also check-raise with the intention of shoving any turn but an A.

But never shove bottom two for 6x the pot. Basically, you want to play bottom 2 fast (because of the chance of getting counterfeited), but you don't want to play them idiotically.

No that would be retarded. I wouldn't even bet with 83o. They're too many players in pot that are bad enough to call the raise with any 2 so you can't win unless you like a board like 33x or 883. Just check, silly situation to put yourself in and you're just spewing off chips.

No that would be retarded. I wouldn't even bet with 83o. They're too many players in pot that are bad enough to call the raise with any 2 so you can't win unless you like a board like 33x or 883. Just check, silly situation to put yourself in and you're just spewing off chips.

dont quite understand this, playing bottom 2 fast seems better (not shoving though )....if there are " too many players in pot that are bad enough to call the raise with any 2" then betting seems the best option....maybe jsut me but I would want a call here from someone with any two.....or am I not reading this right?

I think that djdoodoo misread the OP and didn't see that I checked pre and flopped two pair.

My point is basically that being early in a low stakes SNG, there are so many dolts at the table that aren't going to fold an ace here. And it's likely there's at least one ace out there, so shoving the flop gets me max value.

The fact that my shove is six times the pot doesn't mean anything to most of the players, so it's irrelevant. Hence I actually don't think it is 'idiotic' to shove here.

As it happens, I did just open shove, I got called by A4 and A9, and I held up to triple up. Just wondering if this is actually an optimal play in the long run.

agaisnt morons, this is not a completely horribble play, in normal circumstances i wud either check raise big or lead out with something like the pot

Lol. Take a look at your spelling.

I may technically be a fish (relatively speaking), but I often wonder why 'sharks' have literacy problems on this site? Before branding people morons please make sure your spelling doesn't suggest that you are also.

I would never ever ever ever ever shove for 6x pot. It can scare off a donk from a weak ace. Yes, donks do fold to gigantic over bets. Leading for 3/4 to full pot is a good play. Checking with the intent of raising is excellent if you have active bettors to act behind you. I find checking to donks with strong hands encourages them to bet weaker holdings and give them a sense their hand may be good, trapping them into betting the whole way or calling a raise. If you are happy to have your shove called by Ax on the flop you should make the effort to trap that hand then let it possibly get away.

i dont understand why shoving is bad here? we likely have the best hand and in a low stakes sng we get payed by AX for sure. when i played SNGs i shoved there all day. only reason i might check here is because it's likely that someone else bets and other players call that bet with strange hands, so there's more dead money in the pot and we can shove over that (check/shoving looks much stronger than just shoving tho!). i cant remember that donks fold top pairs to overbets.. they usually always think that no matter how bad their ace is it's likely that the shover has a worse ace. they dont think in depth and dont care that there are no draws on the flop (asuming the flop is rainbow since u didnt say anything about suits).. but dont know i wasnt that successful in SNGs to give good advice here, just think that it's not important how much is in the pot if we know we're getting paid by making an overbet.

Lol. Take a look at your spelling.

I may technically be a fish (relatively speaking), but I often wonder why 'sharks' have literacy problems on this site? Before branding people morons please make sure your spelling doesn't suggest that you are also.

Do you have any advice or you just came here to troll someone about spelling?

AA would've raised pre.

Don't be so sure about it,it's becoming more than standard in micro-low stakes to limp with AA hoping that someone will raise pre.

Otherwise it's a solid advice,since one of them will have Ax anyway & they won't fold it,because players at these limits think Ax = Nuts