advertisement_alt

Kathie Lee Gifford does most cringeworthy thing of all time; Howard Stern is like wtf

bfactor    0

Prior to about an hour ago I had somehow never actually seen Kathie Lee Gifford on tv before and didn't really know who she was or what her deal was, other than vaguely remembering the South Park episode where Mr. Garrison tried to assassinate her.

Then I randomly came across this:

Holy

Fucking

Shit

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

I have seen some really cringeworthy shit over the years, but this has to take the all-time cake for me. I'm honestly not sure I've ever seen anything more ridiculous than this in my entire life. It's seriously hard for me to comprehend that it's possible for people to be so grossly, massively unaware of how they come across. Just listen to Kathie and the other fucktard commentators right before and after the song about the "miracle" (<---- loooool @ "miracle" btw lol wtffff). Just their general clueless attitude and manner of speech/vibe they give off in itself is already beyond fucked, let alone how incapable of being able to see any of the shitfest from the asperger kid's point of view and grossly misinterpreting his reaction. What a fucking disaster.

Then I saw Howard Stern's analysis of the vid in the related vids menu:

[video=youtube;Qty2-KnC8W0]

Hahahahahaha yesssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Perfect analysis of one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen. Would literally pay like $1,000+ to somehow magically get an opportunity to see Howard Stern sing his song from the end of his vid to Kathie Lee Gifford in an identical setting to the Kathie Lee Gifford show setting while she has to awkwardly sit there and listen to awkward fake-cheery saving-the-lesser-people assholes discuss how wonderful his song was and tell her how glad they are to see her crying in "appreciation" of Howard's song about her miracle.

bfactor    0

This is pretty famous. And a definite repost. It is hilarious though.

jksdlkfjsdklfkjsdlkfskdjfkjs

was worried it might be since it had like 300,000 views, but was hoping maybe it wasn't. Oh well. Never saw before and it just blew my mind lol. This is one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Seriously holy fucking shit at that song (the original Kathie Lee Gifford one I mean, not the Howard Stern parody one, although that was pretty funny too)

Mkind16    0

26 mins of videos? Cliffs please.

I remember there was a clip of KLG a few years ago where her co-anchor starts a story talking somberly about how that day was the anniversary of Pearl Harbor, and then KLG adds "and it's also the anniversary of my debut on Broadway."

bfactor    0

26 mins of videos? Cliffs please.

Basically, some kid with mild asperger syndrome (basically just a nerdy/dorky socially awkward kid, but not mentally deficient in terms of intelligence or anything at all, in fact, most likely of above average intelligence) is a freshman in high school and has no friends, due to looking like a dork/loser. So, at lunch time he is the only kid in the entire school cafeteria who is sitting all alone by himself at his lunch table, since he has no friends. So then this super popular jock who is a senior notices the kid, and decides to go sit at the dorky kid's table to be nice/give him the high school popularity esteem equivalent of a sympathy-fuck (although in reality it was probably pretty awkward, given how blatantly obvious and patronizing it probably came across of the whole look how cool I am that I will bless this poor loser with my godliness by giving him the gift of being able to be publicy seen side by side with this fucking loser).

So then, the mother of the Jock, who had at this point gone off to college on a sports scholarship, writes a letter to Kathie Lee Gifford telling her how amazing of a person her son is,for being willing to be seen in public sitting next to the loser kid, and not even be embarrassed about it, even though the kid is clearly a disgusting horrible ultra nerd/dork/monstrosity of a piece of human garbage that people as cool as her son would normally never even look in the general direction of, yet her son being such a Beyond-jesuslike superstar acknowledges this little dork due to his incredible niceness and amazing incredibleness etc. ::She wipes her tears away from how emotionally moved she is by how generous of a great deed it was for her son to be willing to do this:: etc

Kathie Lee Gifford decides it is the ultimate feelgood story of social popularity contest high school cuntmanship to such an intense degree that she features it as her story of the week to make a song about how great and amazing it was.

So she invites the dorky asperger kid and the popular jock kid onto her show on national television, and interviews them, while mainly talking to and congratulating the jock for what a great guy he is for being willing to be friends with someone who was as big of a reject as that just out of the goodness of his perfect heart, and every one in a blue moon acknowledging the existence of the asperger kid, and speaking to him in the type of voice you use to speak to a kindergartener (even though he probably literally has an I.Q. of like 120 (which is probably about 30 points higher thank Kathie, based on how Kathie carries herself through the segment in general)).

And then it gets worse.

Kathy apparently wrote a song about the miracle, and she gets some professional opera singer to sing it in front of them, while the asperger kid has to just sit there and take it.

The song goes something along the lines of "Imagine, being aaaaalll aloooooone. A world completely silent. Not a single friend. Nobody will ever look at you or talk to you. The world's biggest loser. What a fucking loser. Then a wonderful majestic miracle super guy decides to bless you with his company of greatness, the first friend you ever had, the first person who ever acknowledged your miserable subhuman existence. What a fuckin miiiiiracleeeee. All alone in this world, and then this miracle. What a miracle." or something along those lines.

Then they show the reaction of the kids, and the nerdy asperger kid is crying.

Kathie then goes "This is what makes it all worth it. We finally captured it. The essence of why this is such a good thing we are doing. I couldn't help but noticed you crying, you were so moved by the song" or something like that. And the kid goes "It was too sad." since he was actually crying not out of happiness but out of sadness of being humiliated on national television where they make a whole song of what a giant loser he was that it was a "miracle" that a cool kid like the jock who befriended him would ever acknowledge someone as pathetic as him etc.

Kathie and her friends instantaneously laugh at his reaction and are like next time we should do it in a more uplifting jazzy style like "ALL ALONE! ALLLLL ALONE!!!" weeeeeeeee. And they all machine-gun-laugh hardcorishly while the kid looks miserable/embarrassed.

They then give the popular kid some presents and congratulate him some more for what a great guy he is for being willing to do something as gross as hanging out with such a fucking loser and he smiles proudle while his mom pats herself on the back for raising such a wonderful second coming of the christ or whatever the fuck.

The Howard Stern analyzes it, and breaks down the entire song line by line, and destroys the entire segment, discussing why it is indeed the most ridiculous cringeworthy thing of all time, and in the end makes a Kathie Lee Gifford style song about Kathie Lee Gifford's husband cheating on her, and the miracle of her being able to realize it and get through it.

My cliffnotes got kind of long. Oops. Just watch the vids I guess

bfactor    0

I think the climax of the cringeworthiness of the vid is when Kathie, or one of the other hosts asks the popular kid "Did you catch any flak for it?" (where "it" refers to him befriending such a loser and his classmates seeing him do it). LOL, wow, seriously? You're going to actually ask a question like that right in front of the other fucking kid pretending like he's not even sitting there or capable of comprehending what you're implying by even asking this type of question? Wtf is this shit?

For the kid with aspergers syndrome this has to be the worse case scenario to begin with. My brother in laws daughter has it and she just can't handle social situations in general. Anytime we get together for the holidays or she becomes the center of attention in a conversation, she has a really tough time with it, and just wants to bolt out of there (on an unrelated side-note she told her Dad after last X-mas that she thought I looked like Barney from the Flintstones).

If you actually look at his face during the entire segment, he seems horrified. I am not convinced that it's a result of the segment as much as it is just part of his condition. Aspergers from what I know it carries a lot of social interaction issues, like not being able to identify social cues, and feeling extremely awkward in social situations.

The part where everyone just busts out laughing at his comment that the song is really sad is the part that is most heart breaking to me. I mean clearly the kid is absolutely miserable throughout the entire segment. If you look at his forced smile, you can tell that he is about to burst into tears at a moments notice.

He never should have been involved in the segment from the start. Absolutely brutal all around.

SpankyHamm    4

KLG heaps praise on a high school jock for being sort of nice to a shy kid with Aspergers. KLG then brings both the shy kid and jock kid and has someone perform a song (that KLG wrote) about how great it is to befriend losers, insinuating that the shy kid is somehow a loser and he should consider himself lucky that a hero jock was lucky enough to acknowledge his existence.

Bonestein    0

For the kid with aspergers syndrome this has to be the worse case scenario to begin with. My brother in laws daughter has it and she just can't handle social situations in general. Anytime we get together for the holidays or she becomes the center of attention in a conversation, she has a really tough time with it, and just wants to bolt out of there (on an unrelated side-note she told her Dad after last X-mas that she thought I looked like Barney from the Flintstones).

If you actually look at his face during the entire segment, he seems horrified. I am not convinced that it's a result of the segment as much as it is just part of his condition. Aspergers from what I know it carries a lot of social interaction issues, like not being able to identify social cues, and feeling extremely awkward in social situations.

The part where everyone just busts out laughing at his comment that the song is really sad is the part that is most heart breaking to me. I mean clearly the kid is absolutely miserable throughout the entire segment. If you look at his forced smile, you can tell that he is about to burst into tears at a moments notice.

He never should have been involved in the segment from the start. Absolutely brutal all around.

100%. I have no idea how the kid's mom let this happen. I have a buddy with Asperger's and if the kid was affected similarly to my buddy this would be incredibly uncomfortable for the kid to be on stage talking and then having people laugh at his comments. That poor kid, just feel bad for him. Feel kinda bad for the cool kid too, just for the fact that his mom is a complete cunt.

xxbossmanxx    0

My daughter has mild Aspergers. She has a hard time understanding jokes and sarcastic stuff and all that. Otherwise a really cool kid. Intelligence is just fine.

KLG heaps praise on a high school jock for being sort of nice to a shy kid with Aspergers. KLG then brings both the shy kid and jock kid and has someone perform a song (that KLG wrote) about how great it is to befriend losers, insinuating that the shy kid is somehow a loser and he should consider himself lucky that a hero jock was lucky enough to acknowledge his existence.

ha nice summary

Unforseen    0

best cliff notes ever, I cried of laughter

I actually feel angry and like shit after watching that. Especially after the whole part after the song

Zeppelin    0

Cliffs are legit

I went to a gifted elementary school. There was a kid in my class who was far and away the biggest nerd in a class of gifted kids. In the whole school for that matter. He had no social skills and no friends. Absolutely zero athletic ability, thick glasses, at some points even had a patch on his eye. Fit all the stereotypes, but a genius. He was absolutely obsessed with fungus and mushrooms.

One day my mom was one of the drivers for a class field trip. We all got to pick one classmate to go in the car and the others would be selected randomly by the teacher. My mom made me pick him. Was such bullshit. I also went to his house to hang out a few times at my mom's insistence. My mom worked at the same hospital as his mom and they knew each other (not well but both his parents are well known doctors). It was a cool thing to do but I was 8-10 years old. I didn't want to go over to this kids house and look at bacteria he was growing under a microscope. I wanted to play basketball with my friends or go on a bike ride. Then when I would get picked up my mom would try to tell me what a good time I had. How the fuck would you know? Such riggaments. I didn't bully him like some other kids but I take no credit for being his friend or claim that I was a good one, it was all forced.

Neeek    0

what an insufferable cunt. doubt i've every been more uncomfortable watching television than I was during that song. looooool that was so fucked up.

ApesAreFun    0

Basically, some kid with mild asperger syndrome (basically just a nerdy/dorky socially awkward kid, but not mentally deficient in terms of intelligence or anything at all, in fact, most likely of above average intelligence) is a freshman in high school and has no friends, due to looking like a dork/loser. So, at lunch time he is the only kid in the entire school cafeteria who is sitting all alone by himself at his lunch table, since he has no friends. So then this super popular jock who is a senior notices the kid, and decides to go sit at the dorky kid's table to be nice/give him the high school popularity esteem equivalent of a sympathy-fuck (although in reality it was probably pretty awkward, given how blatantly obvious and patronizing it probably came across of the whole look how cool I am that I will bless this poor loser with my godliness by giving him the gift of being able to be publicy seen side by side with this fucking loser).

So then, the mother of the Jock, who had at this point gone off to college on a sports scholarship, writes a letter to Kathie Lee Gifford telling her how amazing of a person her son is,for being willing to be seen in public sitting next to the loser kid, and not even be embarrassed about it, even though the kid is clearly a disgusting horrible ultra nerd/dork/monstrosity of a piece of human garbage that people as cool as her son would normally never even look in the general direction of, yet her son being such a Beyond-jesuslike superstar acknowledges this little dork due to his incredible niceness and amazing incredibleness etc. ::She wipes her tears away from how emotionally moved she is by how generous of a great deed it was for her son to be willing to do this:: etc

Kathie Lee Gifford decides it is the ultimate feelgood story of social popularity contest high school cuntmanship to such an intense degree that she features it as her story of the week to make a song about how great and amazing it was.

So she invites the dorky asperger kid and the popular jock kid onto her show on national television, and interviews them, while mainly talking to and congratulating the jock for what a great guy he is for being willing to be friends with someone who was as big of a reject as that just out of the goodness of his perfect heart, and every one in a blue moon acknowledging the existence of the asperger kid, and speaking to him in the type of voice you use to speak to a kindergartener (even though he probably literally has an I.Q. of like 120 (which is probably about 30 points higher thank Kathie, based on how Kathie carries herself through the segment in general)).

And then it gets worse.

Kathy apparently wrote a song about the miracle, and she gets some professional opera singer to sing it in front of them, while the asperger kid has to just sit there and take it.

The song goes something along the lines of "Imagine, being aaaaalll aloooooone. A world completely silent. Not a single friend. Nobody will ever look at you or talk to you. The world's biggest loser. What a fucking loser. Then a wonderful majestic miracle super guy decides to bless you with his company of greatness, the first friend you ever had, the first person who ever acknowledged your miserable subhuman existence. What a fuckin miiiiiracleeeee. All alone in this world, and then this miracle. What a miracle." or something along those lines.

Then they show the reaction of the kids, and the nerdy asperger kid is crying.

Kathie then goes "This is what makes it all worth it. We finally captured it. The essence of why this is such a good thing we are doing. I couldn't help but noticed you crying, you were so moved by the song" or something like that. And the kid goes "It was too sad." since he was actually crying not out of happiness but out of sadness of being humiliated on national television where they make a whole song of what a giant loser he was that it was a "miracle" that a cool kid like the jock who befriended him would ever acknowledge someone as pathetic as him etc.

Kathie and her friends instantaneously laugh at his reaction and are like next time we should do it in a more uplifting jazzy style like "ALL ALONE! ALLLLL ALONE!!!" weeeeeeeee. And they all machine-gun-laugh hardcorishly while the kid looks miserable/embarrassed.

They then give the popular kid some presents and congratulate him some more for what a great guy he is for being willing to do something as gross as hanging out with such a fucking loser and he smiles proudle while his mom pats herself on the back for raising such a wonderful second coming of the christ or whatever the fuck.

The Howard Stern analyzes it, and breaks down the entire song line by line, and destroys the entire segment, discussing why it is indeed the most ridiculous cringeworthy thing of all time, and in the end makes a Kathie Lee Gifford style song about Kathie Lee Gifford's husband cheating on her, and the miracle of her being able to realize it and get through it.

My cliffnotes got kind of long. Oops. Just watch the vids I guess

TY so fucking much!

Mkind16    0

Having now both watched the videos and read the cliffs I can honestly say cliffs>>>>>>>>>>>videos (other than Stern's song about Frank cheating on Kathie Lee, that was gold).