advertisement_alt

beware of pokerstars

mepco12    10

I play poker on pokerstars as does my wife and daughter. We only play the low cost games. Mainly 10 cent games. My daughters computer stopped working so when she asked I didn't hesitate to let her log on to her own pokerstars account on my computer so she could play a game. Next day I am banned from pokerstars, my account balance confiscated, and they accuse me of cheating? Honest to god I did nothing wrong. My daughter played a game on my computer, her own account, her own email address.

This is because 2 different accounts from the same computer? Surly this must happen all the time. I have emailed them repeatedly and they wont respond about my account balance that they have stolen.

If I achieve nothing else maybe i can stop them ripping off others.

Maybe it comes from being number 1. They become over confident, arrogant, and unapproachable.

Avoid pokerstars at ALL costs, but if you want to play with them, keep the smallest account balance possible, an amount you are prepared to be taken from you unexpectedly, don't let any one else play pokerstars on your computer, and don't use your credit card to top up some one else s balance, like I did for my daughter because she doesn't have a credit card. Do any of these and you will be accused of cheating and banned. Once you are banned they become unapproachable. Kiss your balance goodbye.

This is what happened to me, and nothing I did was wrong.

bradqwer    0

Think the problem lies in that you broke the T&C's for crediting the account if i remember correctly only the person whos account is to be credited can only top up there balance with there card ie dad cant top up his kids account as this could lead to charge backs if you dispute the amount, and Im also guessing its a form of fraud?

cliffs

2 accounts same PC not too shady

2 accounts, 2 different people using one card SHADY in pokerstars eyes

I know that me and my partner have used each other's laptop so thats def not the issue id put money on the issue being u used same card to credit two accounts albit innocently

BenFaz    0

Id just like to say great first post about the greatest pokersite online. and 100% people will disagree with you.

Me and my brother have used the same laptop on the same network when he comes round mine and its no issue, maybe like bradqwer said you shouldnt of use the same card, just transfer money between accounts.

mepco12    10

Thanks bradqwer, maybe your right, maybe using the same credit card was my mistake.

I cant really figure out why it would be fraud, lots of people don't have credit cards so family or friends do internet payments for them?

But my topping up my daughters account was completely innocent, and a polite email from pokerstars explaining that you cant do that, would have sorted it all out, but I get instead an email accusing me of cheating, my account closed, my account balance taken. Maybe they have something in their small print saying they can take all your money, but its not a nice feeling when you feel youve done nothing wrong?

And they wont respond to my trying to explain the situation.

Anyway thanks again bradqwer I appreciate your thoughts.

bradqwer    0

They normally have good customer service, if you write a polite email dnt rant and rave at them explaining that you and your daughter have played on stars on the same laptop, that you didnt realise that using the same payment for each of your account was a no no offer to send in copies of your passports and bills for EACH account you will then get your money back this is what normally happens.

LOOK AT IT THIS WAY

you have your own account, but for whatever reason there is suddenly another account on the same IP address using the SAME card to deposit it, in poker stars eyes at the least it could be a form of multi accounting, at worst fraud as you state that you will only use your OWN card to deposit on your own account.

THATS HOW IT LOOKS TO POKERSTARS

wackyJaxon    0

If you wanted your daughter to play, you should have transferred money legitimately from your account to hers. The reasons you gave are reasons I do play on Pokerstars. They are the most legitimate site when dealing with multi-accounters and cheaters. I don't think you meant to do anything wrong and were caught in the cross fire, but your story does give an endorsement to Pokerstars in my opinion and not a warning. If anything this should be a warning to those that want to multi-account on stars to not try and cheat on their site.

It really looks like the problem was that you used your own credit card though on her account. I have had people come by and play on my IP. When I was in Vegas pre black Friday I logged onto my account on Pokerstars on another person's computer to transfer money to a friend without a problem. I have let a friend use my computer to play on his pokerstars account as well without a problem. I am more careful now post Black Friday on doing any of those things, but when they see the same credit card # on more than 1 account it is certainly a red flag

GiannyVegas    10

I have been making multiple attempts to recover my pokerstars ACCOUNT, emailing support like 6-7 times, but have received nothing back. My account was frozen like 20 times for different things everytime, had to send in my credit card than had to send in my ID than had to do the verification form, than i wanted my limits raised needed to fill out another form, than they said i needed to send in the pre paid gift card i used to deposit with (WHICH I DIDN'T HAVE BECAUSE I JUST THROW THEM OUT) than they freeze my account when i had $2980 in there. Then they reopened it let me play lost my whole bankroll, than i deposited again for $3000.00 lost $500.00 than my account was frozen again they said that it was due to chat abuse and unauthorized credit card use which is bullshit because i used the pre paid gift card i got for my birthday.

than they called me.

then they told me they would respond within 24 hours.

i sent 20 emails in the last couple days NO RESPONSE

i am definitely thinking about disputing every deposit i have ever made with them and fucking them over. they are clearly trying to scam me for NO REASON. they were intouch with me and no longer are.

my account has been frozen for 16 days now as i was on vacation and haven't got a response.

but now i am sick of it.

PLEASE HELP ME WITH SOME ADVICE I WILL NOT LET THEM SCAM ME

I APPRECIATE YOUR HELP

THANKS

bradqwer    0

pokerstars dont just ban people for random things, there is always two sides to every story, unless we see emails from stars stating why your account has been frozen previous times etc then tbh people wont and cant do much, in many cases people who rant and rave, say I done nothing wrong basically HAVE.

Not saying you have but its normally the case, give is some strucured notes, dates, and emails and we maybe able to give you advice

wackyJaxon    0

pokerstars dont just ban people for random things, there is always two sides to every story, unless we see emails from stars stating why your account has been frozen previous times etc then tbh people wont and cant do much, in many cases people who rant and rave, say I done nothing wrong basically HAVE.

Not saying you have but its normally the case, give is some strucured notes, dates, and emails and we maybe able to give you advice

+1 to this. gianny's first post as well. I go one step further htough and don't need him to post made up structured notes, dates, and emails, since it will 99% likely in this case to be a fabrication anyway. No-one gets their account frozen 20 times, and also how can you do chargebacks if you don't even have the card anymore like he was saying. The story is obviously made up, and the gianny has a gripe with stars for catching him doing something wrong and wants to try to turn the tables on them.

cardraiser72    10

check my latest thread what happened at pokerstars,,,

i also wrote a deasent and polite letter , but got no response to it ,,,maybe they get back to me today or in the coming week,

but as i communicated before with them ,,,and they answered me in a correct way,,,and very quick,,

it looks they don't this time..

123454321888    10

Ive had problems with multi accounts of one IP before but never would they take your money.Ive had my acount from but ive sent of all ID needed to verify and i got it back as soon as i done this. They wont just ban you from pokerstars from what my be something innocent. Clearly your missing something out that theyve caught you doing lol Gl hope you get it back soon.

Diver1    10

+1 to this. gianny's first post as well. I go one step further htough and don't need him to post made up structured notes, dates, and emails, since it will 99% likely in this case to be a fabrication anyway. No-one gets their account frozen 20 times, and also how can you do chargebacks if you don't even have the card anymore like he was saying. The story is obviously made up, and the gianny has a gripe with stars for catching him doing something wrong and wants to try to turn the tables on them.

+++++1

Your story is too full of holes.

shakhtar    10

[quote=GiannyVegas;6835974 than my account was frozen again they said that it was due to chat abuse

I must admit, I havent played there since Black Friday, so maybe they instituted new policies. But having an account frozen for chat abuse? I played there for 8 years, and said some of the most horrific things, things that would even make a sailor blush, and they simply banned my chat for a month (goes from 24 hrs, to a week, and then a month) each time it was reported. I was always allowed to keep playing, even after 50 chat bans. NEVER have i heard about someones account being frozen for chat abuse, so either this is something new, or your tale has some holes in it.

norv    10

im on monthly chat bans now, bit of a pain but what can you do, so many terrible players and i just need to tell them :-)

having said that PS does reserve the right to ban your account if your chat abuse is really bad and ongoing, they tell you this in their emails

i get banned for only ever using one word, which starts with a c and ends with a t, i substitute the c for k and normally within minutes a little box appears on the screen and then the email follows

i dont mind being chat banned though as i tend to concentrate better when im not chatting

this is interesting actually..i had a somewhat similar situation..i moved from the states to Ecuador recently and found it very difficult to get money onto stars..so i emailed support to see if i could have my father use his Ecuadorian debit card to fund my account..the response i got was kinda vague/iffy but the end response from them was (paraphrased) "you can try it at your own risk, but be aware that when it comes time to withdraw, i need to validate my ID and that it would probably have to go back on my fathers card. so there is a risk you might not get your winnings." but its my father, haha so hes not just going to steal my money. plus i honestly wouldnt care if he kept it cause hes done a lot for me.

obviously my situation is a little different since he didnt fund a 2nd account with his card, and im still able to play..but i just wanted to give this little bit of info. to others

knocker    10

I'm sure it was a long train of suspect things that added up to the final decision.  The computer sees everything.  You were funding 2 accounts with the same card, probably against the rules, but maybe they let that slide awhile with no other proof anything bad is happening.   When you can transfer money to her through the site, what's the difference really?  But then they see a few instances of both of you sitting at the same cash table.  That doesn't look very good.  Then the computer notices a few instances of the two of you maybe playing each other a little soft.  Of course you don't want to take all you're own daughter's money.  I get that.  It's perfectly natural for a father not to want to do that.   But all the computer sees is possible collusion.    Maybe the couple times you did, you sent it right back through the internal transfer.  They decide to look into this a little further...  Finally they see you're both playing from the same computer and that's the last straw.  The computer finally concludes you're actually the same person with 2 accounts. 

Maybe you didn't intentionally mean to to anything wrong.  But you ticked all the boxes.  Believe me, I'm the first one to take a dump all over Pokerstars, but I bet in this case they had no choice.  Unfortunately 2+2 looked a lot like 4, even though maybe it wasn't.