advertisement_alt
HWP Nick

HogWild Poker PocketFives League Thread - USA Players Welcome!

TX Dan!

Wow, we broke 100 players tonight. GG all. Congrats to StepnRazor for winning!

1 -- StepnRazor [ 102 points ]

2 -- EmmyJ03 [ 101 points ]

3 -- lroi321 [ 100 points ]

4 -- xNextBigThingx [ 99 points ]

5 -- xBoss [ 98 points ]

6 -- skidoo58 [ 97 points ]

7 -- Ron Denson [ 96 points ]

8 -- PokerRoman1 [ 95 points ]

9 -- Very Bad Boy [ 94 points ]

Congrats to StepnRazor who bested a field of 102 to take down the first PocketFive's League game of January on HogWild Poker last night!

Don't forget that this month we've DOUBLED the cash prizes for the P5's League, so be sure to play every game for your best ranking! Games are every Tuesday at 10 PM ET and it's super easy to join - just click here! As always, all P5'ers are welcome to join and play, and HogWild Poker is US Legal.

Here's a look at the prizes for this month:

1st Place – $250 cash + PocketFives hoodie

2nd Place – $100 cash + PocketFives t-shirt

3rd Place – $75 cash + PocketFives t-shirt

4th Place – $50 cash + PocketFives t-shirt

5th Place – $25 cash + PocketFives t-shirt

6th Place – 25,000 Hog Bucks

7th Place – 25,000 Hog Bucks

8th Place – 25,000 Hog Bucks

9th Place – 25,000 Hog Bucks

10th Place – 25,000 Hog Bucks

Hope to see you all again next Tuesday - GL!

If you place in the top 5 of ANY league at the end of the month you are entered into the $500 Top Hog Freeroll.

The leagues that award prizes/cash to top of the leaderboards are in the Prize Series. Check those out by clicking the blue "Prize Series" button on the left and playing in those leagues. You can also win one of ten $500 Staking Packages every month by getting to the top of the leaderboard in the Staking Series. Find those games by clicking the blue "Get Staked" button on the left side.

I have been asking for this forever. (Late Registration) I think it would be very helpful in a few ways. The main, obv reason many sites offer it is that so many people multi table. You may not enter something because of commitments to other games but you bust out and can jump into something else.

My suggestion (again) is #1 Not allow registration (for anyone) until 24 hours before start. #2 allow late registration for 15 minutes or so OR at least until no shows are removed. People are allowed to register way in advance for many of the HWP league games & then don't show up. (for a number of reasons) So, often you are playing the early stages in a tourney with a hundred or more players on a table with just 3 or 4 live players. I don't think anyone likes that! I mean, it can be exploited, trust me I know. I believe this suggestion would cut down on this "problem".

I just noticed that HWP removed the extra time option, Tillis told me it was because of abusers. Well I wish HWP would do something about players "abusing" the early registration and not showing up! I really think this would help.

The other problem is that with out late registration it's basically 55 minutes before you can find another game. If I get aces cracked in the first 10 minutes, I want to play in that YaYa thing or something!

Love HWP, gr8 place to play & learn. I think late registration would have me in more games there!

Edit - I think late registration would have me (& many others) in more games there!

Edit #2 - If you go with 24hour registration, you really need to consider late registration for the whole 1st hour. & of course, smaller league administrators could opt out.

We are well aware of players wanting late registration. Yes, the extra time option has been removed for now because of people abusing it in Staking Series tournaments. We try to help the situation of people not showing up by removing them after a certain time interval. I think having the ability to late reg will change the habits of how players register/show up for tournaments for the better.

We've got a lot of great stuff going on development-wise and this is on the list. Hopefully it'll be sooner than later, but I have no timetable for it right now. Thanks for the feedback and good luck!

Yeah, the late reg was always a quirk of HogWild, but I do love the site removing players after a certain period of time.

Would you guys like to see the PocketFives League have different formats like six-max, bracket heads-up, Omaha, etc., or just stick with full ring NLHE?

I would like to see more formats for sure, and games at different times. The late start on Tuesday makes it hard for me to play the P5s anymore. Not sure why we don't go to at least 6, possibly 8 games a month. We could count all of them or 4 to 6.

A deep stack and I would love a HU with P5ers!

Yeah, the late reg was always a quirk of HogWild, but I do love the site removing players after a certain period of time.

Would you guys like to see the PocketFives League have different formats like six-max, bracket heads-up, Omaha, etc., or just stick with full ring NLHE?

Most definitely.

Join us tonight for the second P5s League game of January at 10 PM ET on HogWild Poker in the PocketFives League. Register in advance to make sure you make it in – there is no late registration!

In case you missed it, we’ve DOUBLED the cash prizes this month for the P5s League! Here are the payouts for the top 10 ranked players at the end of the month:

1st Place – $250 cash + PocketFives hoodie

2nd Place – $100 cash + PocketFives t-shirt

3rd Place – $75 cash + PocketFives t-shirt

4th Place – $50 cash + PocketFives t-shirt

5th Place – $25 cash + PocketFives t-shirt

6th Place – 25,000 Hog Bucks

7th Place – 25,000 Hog Bucks

8th Place – 25,000 Hog Bucks

9th Place – 25,000 Hog Bucks

10th Place – 25,000 Hog Bucks

Click here to download HogWild Poker now!

Good luck!

Congrats to Next Big Thing who took it down tonight after last weeks great FT finish. NBT is #1 after two weeks of four.

1 -- xNextBigThingx [ 100 points ]

2 -- urchipsmyhand [ 99 points ]

3 -- PokerRoman1 [ 98 points ]

4 -- SBINLET1 [ 97 points ]

5 -- silentdelerium [ 96 points ]

6 -- jake_st [ 95 points ]

7 -- "RAGGING BULL" [ 94 points ]

8 -- unemployed88 [ 93 points ]

9 -- pokercuddlefish [ 92 points ]

After two weeks:

1. xNextBigThingx 199

2. PokerRoman1 193

3. xBoss 188

4. jake_st 184

5. HARVICK_29 181

6. tot 177

7. LennyCA 162

8. pokercuddlefish 162

9. rebelfd 162

Congrats to Next Big Thing who took it down tonight after last weeks great FT finish. NBT is #1 after two weeks of four.

1 -- xNextBigThingx [ 100 points ]

2 -- urchipsmyhand [ 99 points ]

3 -- PokerRoman1 [ 98 points ]

4 -- SBINLET1 [ 97 points ]

5 -- silentdelerium [ 96 points ]

6 -- jake_st [ 95 points ]

7 -- "RAGGING BULL" [ 94 points ]

8 -- unemployed88 [ 93 points ]

9 -- pokercuddlefish [ 92 points ]

After two weeks:

1. xNextBigThingx 199

2. PokerRoman1 193

3. xBoss 188

4. jake_st 184

5. HARVICK_29 181

6. tot 177

7. LennyCA 162

8. pokercuddlefish 162

9. rebelfd 162

10. lyonhart61 153

Thanks for posting! Added lyonhart61 since we pay out 10 spots on the leaderboard.

Congrats again to xNextBigThingx on shipping the P5's League game on Tuesday! See ya next week

I look forward to playing this again, one day. Too late though, for me on Tuesdays. This is a solid series, don't know why you don't move it back OR add some other games that would allow more to play. It's not just me.

I have been playing on HWP for a few months now in different leagues (Mainly staking). Glad to have found the P5 league this month and even introduced my boy "tot" to it who currently sits in 6th. I believe I am in 13 or 14 currently (VannGeaux). Hope to improve tonight and break top 10! See ya'll at the tables!

peace,

Vann