advertisement_alt
matze_widi

Wired hand vs flush_entity

Question

IDK what he´s playing like this, and got a whole bunch of different answeres so i thought i´d post it to get some more oppinions

what ya thinking p5...

PokerStars Hand #78902198468: Tournament #543063247, $30+$3 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level I (10/20) - 2012/04/15 10:34:13 ET

Table '543063247 24' 9-max Seat #9 is the button

Seat 1: BC4646 (3190 in chips)

Seat 3: calin-poker (3030 in chips)

Seat 4: elowulas (2790 in chips)

Seat 5: Flush_Entity (2950 in chips)

Seat 6: MIKE_CHIN_UK (3080 in chips)

Seat 7: matze_widi (2970 in chips)

Seat 8: Nakkehai (2970 in chips)

Seat 9: friar_ken (3060 in chips)

BC4646: posts small blind 10

calin-poker: posts big blind 20

*** HOLE CARDS ***

Dealt to matze_widi [Ah Ac]

elowulas: folds

Flush_Entity: raises 30 to 50

MIKE_CHIN_UK: folds

matze_widi: raises 90 to 140

Nakkehai: folds

friar_ken: calls 140

BC4646: folds

calin-poker: folds

Flush_Entity: calls 90

*** FLOP *** [Th 2s 8s]

Flush_Entity: checks

matze_widi: bets 280

friar_ken: folds

Flush_Entity: calls 280

*** TURN *** [Th 2s 8s] [2h]

Flush_Entity: checks

matze_widi: bets 495

Flush_Entity: calls 495

*** RIVER *** [Th 2s 8s 2h] [4h]

Flush_Entity: bets 2035 and is all-in

matze_widi:

19 answers to this question

mm ... fd missed so it s tempting to call but tbh i doubt he plays a fd this way, by taking the passive c/c route 2 streets to bluff when he misses river

A2, A8hh- but these should fold pre, i m pretty positive he folds em pre

I think his range pre doesnt have much high suited cards anyways, i think it s mostly pairs trying to setmine- if u open jks and get 3bet at blinds 30 it goes instantly into the muck right?

Also, his line is pretty much never a bluff imo.. call 3bet early, c/c flop and turn and randomly bluff river makes no sense to me

I think he had TT or 88 and tried to confuse you with his line

or ducks

mm ... fd missed so it s tempting to call but tbh i doubt he plays a fd this way, by taking the passive c/c route 2 streets to bluff when he misses river

I think his range pre doesnt have much high suited cards anyways, i think it s mostly pairs trying to setmine- if u open jks and get 3bet at blinds 30 it goes instantly into the muck right?

Also, his line is pretty much never a bluff imo.. call 3bet early, c/c flop and turn and randomly bluff river makes no sense to me

or ducks

yeah def aggre w/ all that, i did fold but was rather confused by his line,

i cross posted this on 2+2 and got a few "call" responses

and i had the Ah so he can only have like the 89hh

79hh and J9hh are both def in his range also. I probably fold here because this isn't going to be a bluff this early in a tournament very often. This is kind of a weird line to take with a full house and definitely looks more like backdoor hearts. I would quietly fold and move on.

or ducks

proud of u <3

def don't think he has a flush here ever...his value hands are TT 88 and 22...with that being said, if he views you as a random, he def might try to turn something like JJ or QQ into a bluff knowing that you can't call with KK or AA here

meh, it's a $30 tourney, he's prolly not bluffing...just fold

he calls pre and doesnt fold vs two players on the flop and doesnt fold on turn either. thats enough info to snap fold the river imo. think he pretty much never has a flush here, 22/88/TT make sense.

oh lol, everyone says the same itt. it is what it looks like imo, so why is this spot tough for u bro? i mean all regs will tell u to fold and randoms prolly wont find a fold with aces when they put too much money in the pot already. ur not a posting whore like me so theres a chance he doesnt know ur a reg. but even if he does know it, how does he ever have a non-nutted hand t this stage of the tourney and with those conditions.

why would he shove tho, you gonna bet ur hand anyways, werid...

randoms check back all day cause of that river flush, thats prolly why.

I'm calling since I think he check raises any flopped set which turned a full house or quads due to the flush draw and he knows an over pair will come along since you 3 bet pre.

But really because he convinced everyone in this thread to fold, I think I should call :)

These is a situation where an information call is in order. Normally these spots present themselves in the preante stage. However its usually Russians taking strange lines in micros and im so intrigued I have to pay them off the couple hundo. And its early so I can still rebuild

Obviously Flush isnt Russian and its gonna cost you stacks, so you cant rebuild. But is $33 not worth being able to sleep at night+ Worst case scenario you are crushed and you learn a lesson from a beast worth far more than the buy in. Not to mention you actually have a legitimate shot of being good, unlike most infocall spots.

Apologize for the lack of grammar, I have a Cosa Rican computer and Ive yet to locate the question mark or apostrophe. Its only been four months

Because you have the Ah all hands that could make a flush would be folded pre. He could have JQhh maybe preflop but he should fold that on the flop.

I don't think he ever has ATss here as someone suggested.

It has to be a boat at least and yeah the river shove is not a bluff because he can't seriously be trying to rep the backdoor flush here. And obviously he shoves to get you to call off with hands that you might check back.

These is a situation where an information call is in order. Normally these spots present themselves in the preante stage. However its usually Russians taking strange lines in micros and im so intrigued I have to pay them off the couple hundo. And its early so I can still rebuild

Obviously Flush isnt Russian and its gonna cost you stacks, so you cant rebuild. But is $33 not worth being able to sleep at night+ Worst case scenario you are crushed and you learn a lesson from a beast worth far more than the buy in. Not to mention you actually have a legitimate shot of being good, unlike most infocall spots.

Apologize for the lack of grammar, I have a Cosa Rican computer and Ive yet to locate the question mark or apostrophe. Its only been four months

This

Because you have the Ah all hands that could make a flush would be folded pre.

Do you really think, in a $33 tournament when my ABI is $150, after an overcaller, with 50 chips in the pot, and just 90 to call, 150 BB deep, I wouldn't peel with ANY heart combos unless it included an Ace? Do you think that like, only nut flushes

are worth stacking off with or something?

You really need to open up your imagination, and presumably, your poker game.

Steve Murkle asked the most important question here, and for the record, I didn't know he was a reg. If I had, I certainly would have checked the river because I would expect my opponent to bet his entire overpair value range here hoping I'd call with a worse OP or perhaps even a 10 (but the latter is doubtful and ambitious given the early stage of the tournament and his line), and I can guarantee myself value with my *drumroll* 7h9h, instead of open shoving the river in a spot I can never really be bluffing and knowing he'd be good enough to dump.

However, since I assumed he was a random in a $33 tournament I figured he wouldn't be capable of folding QQ-AA and might just be bad enough to check back those hands on the river (albeit unlikely, but I've seen it happen before, and now that I've made my hand, I may as well jam if I don't ever really expect a fold from a pedestrian mind).