Pokerstars Purchases FTP???

I think we'll hear something sooner than end of WSOP. I really don't think they will take as long as GBT and they want this ordeal to be over as quickly as possible to move on with any FTP(2) rebuilding. We may not have our money in our bank accounts by the beginning of WSOP, but I would expect to have a decent understanding of when we will by then.

There was a May 8 conference scheduled back on April 4 between FTP & GBT, it's possible that they just saw the conference scheduled between FTP and claimants and inferred FTP/PS would be in the courtroom today.

alenb10   

What do you think would happen to those players who are perma-banned from PokerStars but not from FullTilt? You think they will be banned from FT as well if this deal goes through?

Also, does that mean FT might run sattelites to EPT, LAPT, etc.? Just curious...

Adam   

What do you think would happen to those players who are perma-banned from PokerStars but not from FullTilt? You think they will be banned from FT as well if this deal goes through?

I don't really see how anyone would know something like this, so I'd assume anything posted is pure speculation. I doubt this is even something the people at Stars have thought about yet - it's very nitty gritty operational stuff to them, which they'll tackle once they get the actual deal done.

Also, does that mean FT might run sattelites to EPT, LAPT, etc.? Just curious...

I'd say there's a good chance of this, if FTP actually is run as a separate site

p0k3rj03   

are you a subrscriber to the site, if so can you sum up what the hidden part said? thanks

some of this^, please? i spent like 2.5 paragraphs getting my balls tickled for no news.

and this part:

"While no officially announcement has come ..."

reinforces my longheld belief that i can make up news on the fly in my own head that's way more officiallier than any website subscription can truly provide.

I would assume they are banned from new FTP as well. If PS decided somebody is not good business they probably will not allow them on any of their skins/brands...

Just read on the site that was closed for a couple of weeks that we should expect an announcement in 10 days. So I am sure that in 10 days we will be hearing another 2 weeks after that.

Adam   

Just read on the site that was closed for a couple of weeks that we should expect an announcement in 10 days. So I am sure that in 10 days we will be hearing another 2 weeks after that.

:) We can only hope

I consider it to just be speculation. People have been essentially saying the same thing every week since the initial reports came out that a deal is done. Of course they'd like to get the deal done by then and i'm sure they are working hard to get the deal done as soon as possible, but until a statement from PokerStars and/or the DOJ comes out, it's all up in the air.

MarkFSU1   

The article also says this:

As our contact informs The Post the difficulty (in holding up the deal) could be the payment processing of all previous players of FTP.

I dont know what that sentence means, and it says "could be" which means the statement is someones opinion

The whole thing sounds like someone's opinions. Keep in mind we also received several reports regarding an unidentified insider who revealed the Tapie deal would be announced anytime too.

One story told 100 different ways. Always an insider.

Josek   

can someone please change the thread title to 'the torture thread'? i don't know why im doing this to myself... reading every post in here that is.