advertisement_alt
2JL

I am an idiot? Obvious I was beaten?

Question

Feedback please.

Guy is passive - I shoulda known he'd rivered me when he R over my river bet but I was so damn pleased with a set I didn't think...

Now I'm kicking myself.

I shoulda just called right? $300 lost cos of my stupidity I think.

REALLY irritated...

***** Hand History for Game 11887993966 *****

NL Texas Hold'em $11 USD Buy-in Trny:70757912 Level:22 Blinds-Antes(3,000/6,000 -600) - Monday, July 02, 05:41:23 BST 2012

Table $3,000 Gtd Rebuy (2663830) Table #9 (Real Money)

Seat 1 is the button

Total number of players : 2/10

Seat 3: Jellylumps2 ( 310,611 )

Seat 1: cipa_zmore ( 292,389 )

Trny:70757912 Level:22

Blinds-Antes(3,000/6,000 -600)

cipa_zmore posts ante [600]

Jellylumps2 posts ante [600]

** Dealing down cards **

Dealt to Jellylumps2 [ 9s 9h ]

cipa_zmore raises [9,000]

Jellylumps2 calls [6,000]

** Dealing Flop ** [ 4c, 9c, 7h ]

Jellylumps2 bets [10,000]

cipa_zmore calls [10,000]

** Dealing Turn ** [ 3d ]

Jellylumps2 bets [18,000]

cipa_zmore calls [18,000]

** Dealing River ** [ Jh ]

Jellylumps2 bets [25,000]

cipa_zmore raises [90,000]

Jellylumps2 is all-In [245,011]

cipa_zmore is all-In [161,789]

cipa_zmore shows [ Ts, 8d ]a straight, Seven to Jack.

Jellylumps2 shows [ 9s, 9h ]three of a kind, Nines.

Jellylumps2 wins 18,222 chips from the side pot 1 with three of a kind, Nines.

cipa_zmore wins 584,778 chips from the main pot with a straight, Seven to Jack.

19 answers to this question

Headsup I dont think Im ever not getting it in here. I do feel like your turn bet sizing is way to small but other than that just a cooler. Smooth calling the river and not raising costs you equity in the long run, thats why Id ship everytime. Id also reraise preflop 100% of the time.

In my opinion. You should have reraised pre. As a result I'd have ended up getting it in on the turn most probably if he hadn't folded already. Calling here is fine. I mind that you got it in because I doubt he shows up with AJ or 89 or j9 because you already have a 9. Unlucky, well played in the tournament if thats the final table.

I do not agree with the post above that it was a cooler as you should have played the hand differently and it may have avoided that situation.

The preflop call was your worst move in the hand. If you show your strength preflop here and 3 bet him as you should it wouldn't have gotten to the flop and you win his aggressive preflop raise.

After the flop he's not going anywhere with the open ended draw so imo you can't do anything to get him out before the river.

The 3 bet shove on the river was a mistake you only have to make once to understand that you can't be shoving without nuts on the river.

In my opinion. You should have reraised pre. As a result I'd have ended up getting it in on the turn most probably if he hadn't folded already. Calling here is fine. I mind that you got it in because I doubt he shows up with AJ or 89 or j9 because you already have a 9. Unlucky, well played in the tournament if thats the final table.

I do not agree with the post above that it was a cooler as you should have played the hand differently and it may have avoided that situation.

I def agree it was not a cooler because with 50bbs deep i am reraise with 99 everytime pre which means this hand should have had a completely different result. I doubt the villan says screw it and just gets it in on the turn for his stack. but without reraising pre and turn size bet it was a comfortable call on turn even tho hes still way behind.

I bet more on the flop and turn unless that's been your standard. I guess I can see a call of his raise but raising cant be terrible, so don't beat yourself up over it. I probably jam too sometimes but it's going to depend on my opponent a lot.

I think your betting was fine in order to maximize your value. You flopped a set. You definitely want a pair to call you down. BUT here is the part where I think the reraise all in was bad: 2 points - he hasnt reraised many hands and 2: when you bet smaller you have to know that 10-8 (straight draw) is a viable calling hand for implied odds. When he re-raised - just a call is in order (i don't think anyone could fold it!)