advertisement_alt
Dan

Stars/FTP Deal Complete -- Player Balances to be Repaid

Definitely agree. But I don't think this deal was premised on pokerstars having any inside information on when or whether poker will be legalized because obviously such inside information does not exist.

You obviously don't know how government works. PokerStars obviously only makes this deal because they know regulated online poker is coming to the US.

Government at every level is run by inside information and deals. That includes laws, wars, mergers, regulatory frameworks, etc..etc.. The fact that you aren't aware of that either makes you very naive or very innocent. Judging by your post history, I'm betting on the former.

Q: Can I transfer my FTP funds to an account on PokerStars?

A: We hope to have the functionality in place to allow inter-site transfers between Full Tilt Poker and PokerStars, so that you can enjoy playing again on either platform of your choosing. We will provide additional guidance on this in the coming weeks.

Got this from the 2+2 thread. Seems like a really cool idea. Would basically ruin any chances scammers have when swapping money. God I miss Pokerstars.....

you're likely not going to need to play on both sites if/when they become available. I assume since it is the same company they will offer the same tournament schedule. instead of a 1.5 mil on stars and a 750k on ftp on sundays, these tournaments will likely be combined into one and offered on both sites.

you're likely not going to need to play on both sites if/when they become available. I assume since it is the same company they will offer the same tournament schedule. instead of a 1.5 mil on stars and a 750k on ftp on sundays, these tournaments will likely be combined into one and offered on both sites.

i dont expect this to be the case....

You obviously don't know how government works. PokerStars obviously only makes this deal because they know regulated online poker is coming to the US.

Government at every level is run by inside information and deals. That includes laws, wars, mergers, regulatory frameworks, etc..etc.. The fact that you aren't aware of that either makes you very naive or very innocent. Judging by your post history, I'm betting on the former.

I find it ironic that you'd admonish me for not understanding how government works then proceed to deliver a spiel that would be more at home on an infowars.com message board than P5s.

I find it perfectly reasonable to think that pokerstars is sanguine about the possibility of legalization. But it's just ridiculous to say they have specific inside information that says it's going to happen. That's just not how law-making works.

I thought they were going to operate fulltilt at a completely separate entity? Maybe I'm reading it wrong though.

I don't know about you guys, but based on the information available, I am not waiting for further instructions before I begin the process of requesting my money from the DoJ.

There is plenty of information/instructions available here: http://www.justice.gov/criminal/afmls/victims/

I haven't had a chance to read all of the documents yet, but you can bet I will shortly. I have also sent an email to Full Tilt Support (now run by PokerStars of course) requesting any applicable information that they have that will support and expedite my claim with the DoJ.

If it turns out I end up having to wait anyway, so be it. But might as well get the ball rolling now.

If you thought dealing with FT customer service was a nightmare, I bet ya'll can't wait to deal with the DOJ. Congrats on getting your money back. Good luck with seeing it by Xmas.

Sooner is obviously better than later, but if it takes another year I'll still be happy to have the money back.

Excerpt from a statement from Full Tilt Poker's legal team:

“We have worked incredibly hard over the past 15 months to reach an agreement that would achieve Full Tilt Poker’s primary objective: enabling all of its customers to be compensated,†said Barry Boss, managing partner of Cozen O’Connor’s Washington, D.C. office, who focuses on complex criminal matters, particularly those involving allegations of white-collar crime. “I am gratified that we were finally able to achieve this objective.â€

We've had a few people ask how today's purchase of Tilt by Stars will impact the ongoing litigation against Howard Lederer, Chris Ferguson, and Rafe Furst of Full Tilt. In an interview with PokerNews published today, Full Tilt legal counsel Jeff Ifrah explained:

"On the civil side, this deal doesn’t affect the individual defendants obviously, but in terms of what impact it will have, from a technical legal standpoint it really shouldn’t have any impact. The charges against the individuals on the civil case are different than what was just resolved today. What was resolved today was the civil forfeiture charges against the corporate defendants, and what remains open are fraud charges against individuals. So there really are different charges."

Hi folks -

A lot of people are asking about the date which is used to establish whether you're a "U.S." or "Rest of World" player, for the purposes of from whom you get your money.

We have officially confirmed that that date is June 29th, 2011. Reports that the date is April 14th, 2011 are incorrect. If your Full Tilt account had an address in the U.S. or U.S. Territories as of June 29th, you are considered to be a U.S. player.

Best regards,

Lee Jones

From 2+2

Serious question, If I'm self banned for life from pokerstars but not from Full Tilt, will I still be able to play on FT as I have a balance and account there? Will they likely be cross referencing each player in their database?

I also want to know this. Same situation.

some serious degens itt.

how does one get banned for life on these sites?

I mean cheating is the obvious answer...but if you did not cheat than you must have multiple warning for intolerable threats to others playing.

just curious..but for another thread i guess.

what about cashouts that nvr showed up & 1's that were pending...

If I am remembering correctly these were already supposed to be placed back into your account balance awhile ago. Maybe this never happened but I assume you will be compensated for for these cashouts.