coolhandkev

Boardwalk Empire Season 3 (gonna be spoilers)

Abou time Chalky gets some gangster out too im glad hes having a solid part again. I FUCKING LOVE CAPONE I really hope the show moves towards Capone/Lansky/Gyp/Lucky/Rothstein being the main focuses and a lot more screen time for all them. I love buscemi and i like his character but fuck him those guys make for a way better show.

I agree but the show is called Boardwalk Empire.

Dont think he was trying to have a war right there and lose a bunch of his men and be in a gun fight on chalky's turf. Pretty sure when they were walking away someone in his crew said to another guy, "were gunna need more guns.... Yea moe guns" SHIT GOING DOWN NEXT WEEK>

Abou time Chalky gets some gangster out too im glad hes having a solid part again. I FUCKING LOVE CAPONE I really hope the show moves towards Capone/Lansky/Gyp/Lucky/Rothstein being the main focuses and a lot more screen time for all them. I love buscemi and i like his character but fuck him those guys make for a way better show.

I agree but the show is called Boardwalk Empire.

Looks like Nucky is going to be Capone and Rothstein's main supplier from the Andrew Melon distillery, so I think we will see a lot more of these characters(prob not Gyp) Masseria will give him up to make a deal to end the war and get back to business, Gyp had a few chances and couldn't deliver what he promised so he has got to go.

so:

1. capone, nucky, chalky, and rothstein(is he in on it?) light up masseria's people as they're leaving to send a message to masseria? did rothstein sanction that, or is that all capone/nucky/chalky? seems like rothstein would have to know, but it might be nucky making a play at rothstein (see 2).

2. is means doing whatever he wants, or is nucky in on that (shutting down the distillery, going after rothstein)? i'm inclined to think nucky is in on it and basically saying fuck you to rothstein after not backing him originally.

3. did margaret have an abortion, or did she just miscarry after not going through with it? what exactly happened? does anyone actually care? is she gone for good?

Loved the finale. Is Harrow about to become Boardwalk Empire's version of Omar from The Wire?

about to become? definitely already is. That was fucking outrageous. Dude merked everyone.

And what a brilliant plan by Nucky. Send the bait to Rothstein, get him to get Masseria to call off the dogs, slaughter his entire fleet of soldiers, then watch as AR starts twisting as the richest man in the world starts coming after him for comandeering his distillery. Bam. Goodnight.

And then his plan to just lay low, and let know one see him. Everyone knows he runs the town. Now he seems to start doing that with a little more stealth. Good to see Nucky and his brother patched up too, more or less.

I hope that Margaret walking away from that money, ultimately means her getting marginalized in the show. I think the window into the Women's Rights movements taking shape then was important, and a good element to this story. But, no more of that, or her. Margaret, and her angles/POVs are kind of tired and stale.

This show is awesome. I've loved every episode, even the slow ones, because they were developing characters and telling the story of a time I know very little about. I hope Margaret is out of the show, but I've enjoyed the change-of-pace from the gangster shit into what life was like for people back then.

Nucky's play was brilliant, and I'm pretty sure Rothstein doesn't see Means coming after him. I've really enjoyed AR's character and the actor that plays him is phenomenal IMO (he was also great in Lincoln).

Here's a point no one has mentioned:

Owen was killed going after Masseria because Luciano gave him up to get the heroin deal. How did he know about the plan and where it would happen? Well, my guess is he found out from AR, who knows everything. And the original source who told, is Micky. He was sitting in the room when Nucky told Owen about the plan. He also seemed to be going behind Nucky's back to talk to AR about the distillery. He's always been a shady character and I suspect he's gonna get a bullet to the head next season.

What a great great show. Scorsese is the best and Buscemi's acting is also top notch. I especially enjoyed the episode where he had the concussion.