advertisement_alt
ronnieb122

200k or 250k badge

adam, get your thinking cap on, 25k and 50k badge can only be good for the site

stuff redice and B12 et al, do you want to appease the top 20%, or generate interest amongst the 80???????

badges are weird anyways especially when you chop and win 600k in the main event but then win and the result shows you as winning 1.3m - wow 700K just suddenly appeared in my winnings and i get a new shiny badge - ROFL

adam, get your thinking cap on, 25k and 50k badge can only be good for the site

stuff redice and B12 et al, do you want to appease the top 20%, or generate interest amongst the 80???????

It's not about appeasement, it's about giving people something to aspire toward. We've certainly thought it out, and for now, we're sticking with $100k as the first badge. And we look forward to more and more of our members crossing that threshold

people playing micro stakes like $1 games may never reach 100k, it is a big gap to jump if your just playing for fun or alittle extra pocket money, maybe playing on stars with the hugh prize pools someone could bink a few and get to 100k but that would be rare in this day and age, or maybe someone is only playing smaller sites like merge (usa players), microgaming etc or maybe they specialize in cash or sng's and only play a few tournaments on a sunday or something.

Adam/Dan - What is the percentage of registered members of this site that currently have a badge of atleast 100k against those members who dont have a badge? If the number is significantly lower for those with badges then surely it makes sense to add something like a 50k and give the majority hope.

For me a 100k badge will probably never happen, and maybe I will never make it to 50k, but knowing I might get that shiney badge reward someday will keep me coming back to p5's.

Hello new badge! And i agree with a lower badge. Online poker is getting tougher and tougher by the day, and think about all the new players who win a game, they are so proud they want to google there screename and see it in Writing. Thats when they will stumble across pocketfives and learn about a nice ranking system with badges, something they will want to be a part of. Lets face it, on average it would take a micro stakes player a little over a year or more to feel as though they are part of the P5 community by reaching a 100k badge,

I really dont get why higher established players are against it either. We want poker to grow and grow, and this certainly is a way to bring in more hope and inspiration to the micro/usa/ part/timers etc.

50K badge fits like a glove

1MILL

just my 3 cents on the matter

- with one point i agree, someone posted that its very hard to get a 100k badge for american players right now. this should be one of the very few arguments for a 10k badge.

I think that was me and yes it is extremely hard for US players to reach milestones now and unfortunately it seems to be getting harder. I agree this is the most valid point for having a 50K badge but that said I'm only about 30K away from the 100K badge and I've earned all but 6K of that since Black Friday. It wasn't even that long ago that I hit 50K and now I'm already up 20K more so unless Merge totally collapses along with Revolution I doubt it will be that long before I hit 100K and hell I'm not even that good. So I'm fine with badges starting at 100K but with the ever increasing tough environment in the US I do think some consideration should be given for a 50K badge. I'd hate to know I was just starting out now with all that's going on with the US facing sites right now.