advertisement_alt

20 states start petition to secede from the union

dolphin13    1

"state" =/ "state government"

So if people from 50 states decide they want to start petitions that allow their states to fuck Dyzalot in the ass, it would be appropriate to say 50 states petition to fuck Dyzalot in the ass?

EyeKnows    1

jim crow laws were in place to keep the races separate in public and in private.

everything can be viewed through its economic impact but not everything is economic at its foundation. jim crow laws that kept white and black couples from marrying were social but clearly there was an economic impact. I don't think the heart and soul of racist marriage law is economic.

Neeek    218

jim crow laws were in place to keep the races separate in public and in private.

everything can be viewed through its economic impact but not everything is economic at its foundation. jim crow laws that kept white and black couples from marrying were social but clearly there was an economic impact. I don't think the heart and soul of racist marriage law is economic.

Dyz is an econ. Humans are simply walking, rationally interested robotic economic entities. There is no self beyond one's purchases in the great dyz-topia. There is no interest beyond one's finances.

userid363    202

"state" =/ "state government"

yeah, that's pretty much exactly what it is. What are you saying, that if one person signs a petition, then the state where that person is from signed it? For a state to sign or file a petition, it would be the Attorney General. simple and obvious and not worthy of debate

userid363    202

don't let Dyz hear you say that 2/3 of the country was against laws legalizing interracial marriage in 1957 or whatever year

El Burro    2

I never said "black culture" was inferior, or anything like that. In fact, I never even used the term "black culture", because it would be ar too inclusive. I said that there is a culture within that ethnicity that celebrates crime. While the culture is part of the ethnicity, the ethnicity is not part of the culture. Kind of like all apples are fruits, but not all fruits are apples.

I don't think most black people celebrate crime - far from it. However, a segment of that population very clearly does. Crime leads to consequences, among which is prison. This is one of many factors (some others you mentioned), but it's obviously not the *only* factor. You can choose to ignore it, but it doesn't change the fact that it exists. It's no secret. Many cultures celebrate crime to some extent (Grand Theft Auto, The Godfather, Bollywood crime musicals, etc.), but how ingrained it is varies from culture to culture for whatever reason.

Anyhow, we're wasting time at this point. Just listen to NWA's N***az4Life album from beginning to end and tell me that doesn't celebrate crime. It's also really entertaining, and I genuinely recommend it.

Dyzalot    89

Marriage law no. But if they didn't make the economic laws then the non-racists would have put the racists out of business and stamped out economic racism quite early. Jim Crow laws prevented the free market from punishing racism like it is supposed to.

Dyzalot    89

Dyz is an econ. Humans are simply walking, rationally interested robotic economic entities. There is no self beyond one's purchases in the great dyz-topia. There is no interest beyond one's finances.

Not true. The fact that you limit your thought of economics to "purchases" whereas I don't seems to indicate that you are the one with the problem. The study of economics is the study of human action. If one assumes that one acts because one isn't satisfied with their current situation then all actions are economic in nature since there are a myriad of choices in how to act in order to improve your condition. The simple act of choosing a tv show to watch is an economic choice since by choosing that show you have also chosen to not watch another show or read a book or watch a movie or do the laundry or have sex, etc... instead. Every action you take is "economic" in nature. Economics is not the study of money nor is it the study of national economies. At its core it is simply the study of human action.

Dyzalot    89

yeah, that's pretty much exactly what it is. What are you saying, that if one person signs a petition, then the state where that person is from signed it? For a state to sign or file a petition, it would be the Attorney General. simple and obvious and not worthy of debate

I disagree. If 99% of the citizens of the state sign a petition then one could say that the state signed the petition even if the government didn't. I mean, doesn't the government get its power from the people? Doesn't the government work for the people? Yes, I probably shouldn't have made that reply to dolphin since he didn't explicitly say that he was determining whether a state did or not do something based upon the government. I just assumed that was his measuring stick and wanted to argue that point. My apologies to dolphin if that wasn't his meaning.

Dyzalot    89

what if the public decided to reward the racist businesses, like Chic-fil-a?

How does one reward racism when one goes into a grocery store? You know the color of the people that picked that lettuce or baked that bread? If the public rewards racism then it is up to the public to change. The public used to reward discrimination against homosexuality. Now it mostly doesn't as evidenced by the actions of companies like UPS and peoples' reactions to companies like Chick-fil-a. If the public rewards racism, isn't that just democracy in action?

Dyzalot    89

don't let Dyz hear you say that 2/3 of the country was against laws legalizing interracial marriage in 1957 or whatever year

So what? If the Constitution had been followed it wouldn't matter what the public wanted.

If Texas can get 25,000 signatures, it will force the Obama Administration to respond.

No, it won't.

These petitions are posted by individuals, not by the states themselves. They say you will receive a response if it reaches 25k signatures. In reality, you get a template response that means nothing. It's less indicative of what states want and more indicative of what ignorant rednecks want.

Dyzalot    89

It's less indicative of what states want and more indicative of what ignorant rednecks want.

If a state is made up of "ignorant rednecks" then isn't it indicative of what the state wants? And the white house already said they would respond.

Guest Camz   

Guest Camz

Nice putting words in my mouth neek. I didn't say "poor" people should be fixed. I said "People" which should be understood to mean people not fit to raise a kid without welfare assistance. I'm cool if its a temporary fix btw

Zeppelin    0

If the public rewards racism then it is up to the public to change. The public used to reward discrimination against homosexuality. Now it mostly doesn't as evidenced by peoples' reactions to companies like Chick-fil-a.

I thought Chick-fil-a sold more chicken sandwiches after the controversy

Dyzalot    89

I thought Chick-fil-a sold more chicken sandwiches after the controversy

No idea. Free publicity though. Hard to isolate the effects. I'd bet though that all other things equal, their stance on homosexuality hurts their nationwide sales numbers.

No idea. Free publicity though. Hard to isolate the effects. I'd bet though that all other things equal, their stance on homosexuality hurts their nationwide sales numbers.
Their "new" stance that was taken on once sales numbers started to trend back to "normal", or their "old" stance which was greatly rewarded?

Dyzalot    89

No, but there certainly isn't 25 million. Not sure why you always want to leap to absolutes instead of dealing with the topic at hand.

Sorry. I was just going by what people have always said on this board. I thought about 90% of Texans were "ignorant rednecks".

Dyzalot    89

Their "new" stance that was taken on once sales numbers started to trend back to "normal", or their "old" stance which was greatly rewarded?

Didn't know they had "evolved" lol

Dyzalot    89

I'm still roflmmfao about DumbFuckistan

That shit is funny and Glen Beck should be their President with Donald Trump as VP and maybe Sarah Palin as Secretary of State

Funny that most secessionists wouldn't want them as leaders any more than they want Obama. And by "secessionists" I mean those who supported the idea when Bush was president as well.