advertisement_alt

Fancy Beer Thread

norcaljeff    2

Thanks reraise for the feedback, appreciate it. Finished off the Dogfish Namaste, moving on to the Stone as we are about to sit down for dinner. Check out this cool shot:

image.jpg

I'm all for hints of x and flavors of y, but I gotta draw the line at putting a cat in the damn beer

JRoth15    0

Anyone else not like bourbon barreled beer? I'll keep trying a couple more but I think I'm about done w that. Probably going to grab a beer barreled bourbon tomorrow to see if it works the other way, but thus far I'm just not a fan

I'm actually the same way right now...the bourbon barreled beers just aren't my flavor. Same with the lambics. Maybe my pallet changes in the next few years, but as of right now, I can't see myself liking either style.

rebelfd    62

I do prefer the chocolate's and vanilla's when partaking in the stouts. Anyone have food pairing suggestions for the bourbon barrel aged beers? I found I grew to love IPAs more with cheeses and chicken/turkey dishes. Now I just enjoy the flavors of a well crafted IPA all by it's lonesome.

JAAAAA!!!!    0

I do prefer the chocolate's and vanilla's when partaking in the stouts. Anyone have food pairing suggestions for the bourbon barrel aged beers? I found I grew to love IPAs more with cheeses and chicken/turkey dishes. Now I just enjoy the flavors of a well crafted IPA all by it's lonesome.

It would probably go best with dessert. It's just too rich, strong, etc... for most regular food dishes.

DONKWOOD    517

I'm pretty sure it has a number next to it like "10 4oz shot glasses" or whatever is in a pint. This is a pizza shop owned by a couple from California. I've never been to it because their prices are outrageous. They just started importing beers though and trying to get in on the craft beer scene (if you can call it that here lmao).

URI_Stunna    812

I'm pretty sure it has a number next to it like "10 4oz shot glasses" or whatever is in a pint. This is a pizza shop owned by a couple from California. I've never been to it because their prices are outrageous. They just started importing beers though and trying to get in on the craft beer scene (if you can call it that here lmao).

Lol. That's a 40 u idiot.

URI_Stunna    812

Ex. Railroad workers movin back to the homeland

Nickc011    1

I like your bottle shop man. 3F always fly off the shelves. Great lambics, not as Cantillon imo, but nothing wrong with being second best lol. They are awesome

Just cracked this little sour guy

20141127_132419_zpshzzcrzup.jpg

Tart lemons with some earthy funky graininess. Pleasant bright citrus aromas with a whisp of wheat on the backend end on this highly carbonated, only slightly tart BerlinerWeisse.

Had this one on tap at the Saint Arnold Brewery the last time I went, it was a relatively new addition to their lineup. I remember it being very carbonated as well - drinking almost like a soda. I'm not extremely big into the sours but it was certainly enjoyable.

Nickc011    1

Thanks reraise for the feedback, appreciate it. Finished off the Dogfish Namaste, moving on to the Stone as we are about to sit down for dinner. Check out this cool shot:

image.jpg

Had this on tap at a place back in Virginia while away for Thanksgiving - thought it was absolutely delicious. Sort of ruined the other beers I had afterward. I had a local session IPA to follow it up and it tasted almost light-beer-esque :-[

Shaaarrrp    202

this beer is so good

20141130_165626_zpsgbvvrkk2.jpg

Like Mexican Hot chocolate. The peppers add an interesting contrast to the creamy vanilla body. Really digging this

Have you ever had Prairie Bomb? Wondering how similar that stuff is to it. Popped my first Bomb this weekend (even though I bought like 30 of them a year ago) and liked it quite a bit. You definitely smell/taste the peppers in there which makes for quite an interesting beer. The chocolate balanced the spicyness of the pepper and altho I'm still not sure how I feel about peppers in my beer I'm a fan.

boulderrrr    62

Have you ever had Prairie Bomb? Wondering how similar that stuff is to it. Popped my first Bomb this weekend (even though I bought like 30 of them a year ago) and liked it quite a bit. You definitely smell/taste the peppers in there which makes for quite an interesting beer. The chocolate balanced the spicyness of the pepper and altho I'm still not sure how I feel about peppers in my beer I'm a fan.

I think you may have left one of those at our house... May have to try it out this evening while I'm setting up the Christmas lights.

rebelfd    62

Christmas came early for me. Nice packing job IdareyouAA, looking forward to doing some more trades. Can't wait to hear what he thinks of the 120.

10424255_933873619974317_6951571943432110418_n.jpg?oh=b3f18e5220cdb8997ffbfd70b8e228ed&oe=550CB85F&__gda__=1427868469_d6757e4fd1782128d4db2829f3df771f

Had a modern times. Nice pour, amber color, very strong IPA, can taste the saison and hops most of all. Bummed I only have 2 to drink.

10814_933870019974677_9156865203280850811_n.jpg?oh=dafd65ff0a178c798188e35b11754a2d&oe=551C2013&__gda__=1427049705_c9e1c9bc4db31aa03959f98221ae354c

s1nnr    26

Heavy seas Winter storm is beyond delicious... highly recommend.

379.jpg

Winter Storm

Seasonal Selections

Winter Storm may be Hugh’s favorite beer in the Heavy Seas catalogue. Our winter ale draws on hops from the West Coast and the UK for its pronounced bitterness. A mix of pale and darker malts give it its tawny color and its bigger body. True to the style, Winter Storm’s aroma is nutty malts and earthy hops. This is a perfect fall beer, especially because of its warming qualities.

BEER DETAILS

• Style: Imperial Extra Special Bitter (ESB)
  • ABV: 7.5%
  • IBUs: 50
  • Availability: October-December
  • Hops: Warrior, UK Goldings, UK Fuggles, Cascade, Centennial
  • Malts: 2-row, Crystal, Caramalt, Chocolate Malt

idareyouAA    5

Woohoo rebel glad it made it there safe and glad you are enjoying the Modern Times! Excited to do more trades down the road. Please post what you think of the Smog City when you get to it, always curious what people think of that beer.

I stopped into a warehouse of alcohol (seriously a warehouse) during my lunch break to just check out the selection and boom! Look what I found.....

image.jpg

Shaaarrrp    202

Woohoo rebel glad it made it there safe and glad you are enjoying the Modern Times! Excited to do more trades down the road. Please post what you think of the Smog City when you get to it, always curious what people think of that beer.

I stopped into a warehouse of alcohol (seriously a warehouse) during my lunch break to just check out the selection and boom! Look what I found.....

image.jpg

Great haul but you should be drinkng that out of a tulip!

These are great if you don't already have one

idareyouAA    5

Thanks Sharp for the link. I actually only have one tulip and it is Stone branded making me not want to use it in every pic. The other tulip pic I posted earlier on this page was at the mother in laws house. I am going to ask for a few for Christmas and just sent the fam your link, thanks!

DAWS    0

Heavy seas Winter storm is beyond delicious... highly recommend.

379.jpg

Winter Storm

Seasonal Selections

Winter Storm may be Hugh’s favorite beer in the Heavy Seas catalogue. Our winter ale draws on hops from the West Coast and the UK for its pronounced bitterness. A mix of pale and darker malts give it its tawny color and its bigger body. True to the style, Winter Storm’s aroma is nutty malts and earthy hops. This is a perfect fall beer, especially because of its warming qualities.

BEER DETAILS

• Style: Imperial Extra Special Bitter (ESB)
  • ABV: 7.5%
  • IBUs: 50
  • Availability: October-December
  • Hops: Warrior, UK Goldings, UK Fuggles, Cascade, Centennial
  • Malts: 2-row, Crystal, Caramalt, Chocolate Malt

I have this on draft at my bar...distributor was only able to get me 1 log. It's in high demand.