advertisement_alt

sunday million hand

bazeman    0

haven't posted on hePokerStars Hand #91943768473: Tournament #701020010, $200+$15 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level XXXVII (125000/250000) - 2013/01/07 0:43:59 ET

Table '701020010 603' 9-max Seat #6 is the button

Seat 1: fortunaVine (4041790 in chips)

Seat 2: Smasherxx67 (35148747 in chips)

Seat 3: MITSPUCKE! (8267920 in chips)

Seat 4: herkij (2769362 in chips)

Seat 5: surprisefirm (1907284 in chips)

Seat 6: blaaaaaah666 (3656470 in chips)

Seat 7: champ458 (6401179 in chips)

Seat 8: Dollysz (6764460 in chips)

Seat 9: PureCash25 (7172788 in chips)

fortunaVine: posts the ante 25000

Smasherxx67: posts the ante 25000

MITSPUCKE!: posts the ante 25000

herkij: posts the ante 25000

surprisefirm: posts the ante 25000

blaaaaaah666: posts the ante 25000

champ458: posts the ante 25000

Dollysz: posts the ante 25000

PureCash25: posts the ante 25000

champ458: posts small blind 125000

Dollysz: posts big blind 250000

*** HOLE CARDS ***

PureCash25: folds

fortunaVine: folds

Smasherxx67: folds

MITSPUCKE!: raises 339000 to 589000

herkij: folds

surprisefirm: folds

blaaaaaah666: folds

champ458: folds

Dollysz: calls 339000

*** FLOP *** [9d 9s Td]

Dollysz: checks

MITSPUCKE!: checks

*** TURN *** [9d 9s Td] [7d]

Dollysz: bets 555666

MITSPUCKE!: calls 555666

*** RIVER *** [9d 9s Td 7d] [2s]

Dollysz: bets 777888

MITSPUCKE!: calls 777888

*** SHOW DOWN ***

Dollysz: shows [Ks Qd] (a pair of Nines)

MITSPUCKE!: shows [Ts Tc] (a full house, Tens full of Nines)

MITSPUCKE! collected 4195108 from pot

*** SUMMARY ***

Total pot 4195108 | Rake 0

Board [9d 9s Td 7d 2s]

Seat 1: fortunaVine folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Seat 2: Smasherxx67 folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Seat 3: MITSPUCKE! showed [Ts Tc] and won (4195108) with a full house, Tens full of Nines

Seat 4: herkij folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Seat 5: surprisefirm folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Seat 6: blaaaaaah666 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Seat 7: champ458 (small blind) folded before Flop

Seat 8: Dollysz (big blind) showed [Ks Qd] and lost with a pair of Nines

Seat 9: PureCash25 folded before Flop (didn't bet)

re in a long, long time..but this hand that just happened in the sunday million was amazing

norv    87

he obv had you on nothing and didn't want to bet to scare you off, he didn't value bet the rvr for the same reason, plus he obv wanted to see what you had

bazeman    0

and a response like that is why I don't post on here norm..it wasn't me and if u don't raise river there u might as well quit playing poker

BenFaz    0

and a response like that is why I don't post on here norm..it wasn't me and if u don't raise river there u might as well quit playing poker

Your right about him not raising river.. But why did you post this hand in the first place?

88XIN88    0

He has the 3rd nuts... in a final table where first is over $200,000.

Even though most people would raise or ship river the flat isn't TERRIBLE... hes just being cautious but hey... you know there IS a slight possibility he has j8d or 99 and we've seen crazier shit happen ;)

tripseekerx    3

Ive watched every sunday mill FT....a bunch of times...I see stuff like this alot!!!...surprising plays etc etc...every single sunday mil has a couple guys who dont really play that well make it super deep..personally, Im glad everyone aint superpokerplayers...some missed value? so what...more chips left for you

norv    87

post more.......get more love

bazeman    0

he had tens full of nines u dolts u guys can not be real..and no I will not post if these r the idiotic responses..i realize the sunday million is full of fishies but the fact they make ft playing like this is amazing to me..end rant gg baseman posts

assorted    0

So... Mitspucke starts with 57bb? and raises just over 2xbb. Dollysz with 43bb? as the big blind calls the extra blind and a bit in a typical defend.

Dollysz misses the flop and checks against the mid position raiser to see if they follow through, thinking they may be ahead if they hit a K or Q later on.

Mitspucke flops a monster and wants to allow Dollysz to improve a bit for more value and so checks behind.

With the third diamond arriving, Dollysz stabs with less than 50% of the pot as if to say, 'maybe I didn't hit a flush or even a straight, but you need to pay to play'

Mitspucke hopes that Dollysz has hit the straight or the flush but wants to see if they can get a bit more into the pot and so simply calls, which can also be seen as a float with a similar hand to that of Dollysz.

With the river bricking, it looks like Dollysz thought they could represent a straight or a flush and so made a 'please call me' bet of about 33% of the pot. It also leaves Dollysz with a reasonable stack left to play with and looks relatively strong.

Mitspucke obviously knows they are ahead of the straight and flush, but may have been worried about the two hands that beat him, unlikely as they may be. And if Mitspucke had actually raised for value on the river, what would they do if Dollysz came back over the top? It is the Sunday Million after all and there is a hell of a lot of money at stake. So the simple call, while looking a little gutless, is the safer bet just in case Dollysz got luckier and also eliminates any bluffing opportunity that the raise opens the door on.

I think that they both played the hand quite well to be honest. Granted I can't afford to be playing tourneys like that yet, but I would imagine that level of thinking to be required of anyone who hope to be successful by maximising the good spots and minimising the potential bad spots that sneak up on us all.

norv    87

So... Mitspucke starts with 57bb? and raises just over 2xbb. Dollysz with 43bb? as the big blind calls the extra blind and a bit in a typical defend.

Dollysz misses the flop and checks against the mid position raiser to see if they follow through, thinking they may be ahead if they hit a K or Q later on.

Mitspucke flops a monster and wants to allow Dollysz to improve a bit for more value and so checks behind.

With the third diamond arriving, Dollysz stabs with less than 50% of the pot as if to say, 'maybe I didn't hit a flush or even a straight, but you need to pay to play'

Mitspucke hopes that Dollysz has hit the straight or the flush but wants to see if they can get a bit more into the pot and so simply calls, which can also be seen as a float with a similar hand to that of Dollysz.

With the river bricking, it looks like Dollysz thought they could represent a straight or a flush and so made a 'please call me' bet of about 33% of the pot. It also leaves Dollysz with a reasonable stack left to play with and looks relatively strong.

Mitspucke obviously knows they are ahead of the straight and flush, but may have been worried about the two hands that beat him, unlikely as they may be. And if Mitspucke had actually raised for value on the river, what would they do if Dollysz came back over the top? It is the Sunday Million after all and there is a hell of a lot of money at stake. So the simple call, while looking a little gutless, is the safer bet just in case Dollysz got luckier and also eliminates any bluffing opportunity that the raise opens the door on.

I think that they both played the hand quite well to be honest. Granted I can't afford to be playing tourneys like that yet, but I would imagine that level of thinking to be required of anyone who hope to be successful by maximising the good spots and minimising the potential bad spots that sneak up on us all.

+1, i just said this in not so many words

Jesus why do people have to shove the fuck out all the time, poker is a gentlemans game and as such playing like one brings rewards - and PS always has these set up hands going all the time, so i think the hand played well

and bazeman - sod off

norv    87

i wonder how many sunday million tables you guys have sat at......he increased his stack by 50% and the other guy lost 33% of his

on any other table where there is not so much at risk i would agree a value bet on the river is the norm, but here the hand played fine, you have no idea what he was putting the other guy on, could easily have been thinking 99 or j8d's - why not? see it all the time online

looking at these one off hands in isolation is so tilting, makes no sense talking about it really

bighaley21    0

So what im getting from some of the responses is dont raise the river because this is a bigger buy-in tournament and villain MIGHT have J8dd or 99 WTF??! If youre not raising the river here dont even register for this tournament. In fact, dont register for any tourney. Youre just throwing away money.

assorted    0

No, the analysis is wrong. Not raising the river is really bad. There's so much value to be had from straights, flushes, worse boats, trips, etc.

You are looking at the hand in isolation. And in that instance, yes the river should be bet for value. Pretty much a no brainer with no pressure. However, this player was clearly out of their depth and pressured with the money jumps of the Sunday Million final table and seems to be aware of their limitations. Watching the replay, you can almost see Mitspucke squirm when making decisions.

I'd like to know what people think of Mitspucke's play on hand ten when they held 99 on a board of 76x6 and made a sensible fold.

assorted    0

A6xcA35CMAIaMxg.jpg:large

lol

It is a case of seeing both the forest and the trees. I don't agree with the play made, but I can understand why he did it. And I daresay quite a few people without that fancy $1m badge could out think themselves in a similar way should they make that particular final table.