2012 MLB Hall of Fame Announcement

XXEDPXX    275

Because drug testing requires collective bargaining, and Selig didn't want to do push for it until it was absolutely necessary about 10 years too late.

I understand why didn't test. I'm asking if even though they didn't test there were still rules in place stating if you're caught using steroids or PED's (I know they didn't test so it would be nearly impossible to actually catch someone) there are consequences? I'm asking because it seems like the players could argue there were no rules in place making it illegal. You can't punish someone for doing something that at that time wasn't against the rules. Or maybe they say it doesn't matter that there weren't any rules in place. Steroids are illegal and that is enough to justify punishment even though there isnt anything actually written in stone.

Going to be announced who got in shortly. Do the writers do the right thing and vote in Bonds, Clemens, Biggio, etc.? Or do they continue to demonize the best players of their generation to make a point?

your thread lost all cred right there. Didn't read any further.

SpankyHamm    293

Any voter that ever voted for a cheater like Gaylord Perry and refused to vote for steroid era guys should lose their right to vote.

Players have ALWAYS cheated in one form or another. Stealing signs, pine tar, scuffing the ball, corked bats, sending hookers to the room of tomorrows starter. But this is where they draw the line? The hypocrisy of these writers is disgusting.

Niceguy    0

Baseball writers are the most withered human beings in the history of the world. african's in 110 degree heat in uganda who haven't had water in 3 days are less withered than these pricks. Anyone who agrees with how the election took place this year can go fuck themselves. Keep creating log jams so no one can get in because you personally felt lied to you. Pedro Gomez and Bryant with their self-righteous pious bullshit are the fucking worst. I can't wait till baseball officially dies in America and these fucking decrepit husks die along with it.

lol, holy shit, now theyre saying Greg Maddux is a first ballot hof'er next year...i guess scuffing is fine in these guys' eyes, as long as he's not on ped's...........

"and more like Greg Maddux, a master at throwing scuffed baseballs. Maddux didn’t scuff them himself, however—he held onto ones that had acquired abrasions through the course of regular use, taking what was legally given to him during the course of the game and using it to his fullest advantage."

http://thebaseballcodes.com/2012/06/30/wise-guy-outfielder-accepts-ill-gotten-gains/

yeah same thing scotty. Spot on again.

Zeppelin    0

When you are a career .298 hitter who hits .362 at age 39 not getting in the HOF is the consequence of your actions

People don't like to put people in on the first ballot, that is supposed to be a special recognition, Biggio will be there next year. Maddux is a first ballot hall of famer

Any voter that ever voted for a cheater like Gaylord Perry and refused to vote for steroid era guys should lose their right to vote.

Players have ALWAYS cheated in one form or another. Stealing signs, pine tar, scuffing the ball, corked bats, sending hookers to the room of tomorrows starter. But this is where they draw the line? The hypocrisy of these writers is disgusting.

not to mention all the old timers in the hall who refused to play exhibitions against black players, or were openly racist in some other ways.

"and more like Greg Maddux, a master at throwing scuffed baseballs. Maddux didn’t scuff them himself, however—he held onto ones that had acquired abrasions through the course of regular use, taking what was legally given to him during the course of the game and using it to his fullest advantage."

http://thebaseballcodes.com/2012/06/30/wise-guy-outfielder-accepts-ill-gotten-gains/

yeah same thing scotty. Spot on again.

my post was a joke you fucking clueless moron

kellykip    525

Especially when the same guys who are waging a moral war against them now were putting them on a pedestal 15 years ago.

Remember when Jose Canseco was a smearing innocent starz and "just making it all up to try to sell a book he wrote"?