mrdollarbill

What does villian have here?

Question

This was a weird hand I got in and I wanted to hear thoughts i'll share both hands when i get some replies

Hand#3226CEB880001069 - $3,000 GTD R&A T13547648 -- TICKETCASH -- $10 + $1 -- 9 Max -- Table 15 -- 100/500/1000 NL Hold'em -- 2013/02/02 - 20:41:03

Dealer: Seat 1

Seat 1: Tanndalize (4,988 in chips)

Seat 2: Mo.Tea.Sir? (28,528 in chips)

Seat 3: POOPdollar (14,308 in chips)

Seat 4: karapuz007 (54,242 in chips)

Seat 5: eddyjay_ (9,332 in chips)

Seat 7: whothe3 (25,100 in chips)

Seat 8: Trem33 (20,813 in chips)

Seat 9: PoisonousOys (35,882 in chips)

Seat 10: DevilzWork (10,706 in chips)

Tanndalize: posts ante of 100

Mo.Tea.Sir?: posts ante of 100

POOPdollar: posts ante of 100

karapuz007: posts ante of 100

eddyjay_: posts ante of 100

whothe3: posts ante of 100

Trem33: posts ante of 100

PoisonousOys: posts ante of 100

DevilzWork: posts ante of 100

Mo.Tea.Sir?: posts small blind 500

POOPdollar: posts big blind 1,000

Dealt to Mo.Tea.Sir? [?s,?h]

karapuz007: calls 1,000

eddyjay_: folds

whothe3: folds

Trem33: folds

PoisonousOys: folds

DevilzWork: folds

Tanndalize: calls 1,000

Mo.Tea.Sir?: calls 500

POOPdollar: checks

*** FLOP *** [4c,5c,9c]

Mo.Tea.Sir?: checks

karapuz007: bets 1,000

Tanndalize: is all in 3,888

Mo.Tea.Sir?: calls 3,888

POOPdollar: folds

karapuz007: raises to 9,282

Mo.Tea.Sir?: calls 5,394

*** TURN *** [3h]

karapuz007: bets 12,676

Mo.Tea.Sir?: ?

16 answers to this question

Betting into the flop and then 3betting over a shove and a call looks very strong. He knows he has to show down so this is never a bluff. It also feels unlikely to me that he has a draw - I think he's more likely to flat.

He could have a limped overpair (definitely possible given the UTG limp) but it feels more likely he's protecting/value-towning a set or a non-nut flush.

Whatever he has (and indeed whatever you have), I don't think you can just call his 3bet on the flop with your stack - you need to shove or fold. He's not folding so if you're going with it you need to get it in here.

Thanx a bunch for the replies guys except for the first retard that replied I figure this was a good exercise to analyze here goes the result things arent always what they seem to be i know I need to call here after plugging in numbers but this is on eof those spots where u look smart when ur right u look like a dumb ass when ur wrong loll..

Sorry no reads on villian got moved to this table 2 or 3 orbits ago and didnt see him play a hand

Hand#3226CEB880001069 - $3,000 GTD R&A T13547648 -- TICKETCASH -- $10 + $1 -- 9 Max -- Table 15 -- 100/500/1000 NL Hold'em -- 2013/02/02 - 20:41:03

Dealer: Seat 1

Seat 1: Tanndalize (4,988 in chips)

Seat 2: Mo.Tea.Sir? (28,528 in chips)

Seat 3: POOPdollar (14,308 in chips)

Seat 4: karapuz007 (54,242 in chips)

Seat 5: eddyjay_ (9,332 in chips)

Seat 7: whothe3 (25,100 in chips)

Seat 8: Trem33 (20,813 in chips)

Seat 9: PoisonousOys (35,882 in chips)

Seat 10: DevilzWork (10,706 in chips)

Tanndalize: posts ante of 100

Mo.Tea.Sir?: posts ante of 100

POOPdollar: posts ante of 100

karapuz007: posts ante of 100

eddyjay_: posts ante of 100

whothe3: posts ante of 100

Trem33: posts ante of 100

PoisonousOys: posts ante of 100

DevilzWork: posts ante of 100

Mo.Tea.Sir?: posts small blind 500

POOPdollar: posts big blind 1,000

Dealt to Mo.Tea.Sir? [4s,4h]

karapuz007: calls 1,000

eddyjay_: folds

whothe3: folds

Trem33: folds

PoisonousOys: folds

DevilzWork: folds

Tanndalize: calls 1,000

Mo.Tea.Sir?: calls 500

*** FLOP *** [4c,5c,9c]

karapuz007: bets 1,000

Tanndalize: is all in 3,888

Mo.Tea.Sir?: calls 3,888

POOPdollar: folds

karapuz007: raises to 9,282

Mo.Tea.Sir?: calls 5,394

*** TURN *** [3h]

karapuz007: bets 12,676

Mo.Tea.Sir?: folds

karapuz007: returns uncalled bet 12,676

Tanndalize: shows [Ad 3s]

karapuz007: shows [As Ac]

*** RIVER *** [Ks]

***SHOW DOWN***

karapuz007 wins 10,788 with Pair of Aces

***SHOW DOWN***

karapuz007 wins 16,564 with Pair of Aces

So when the 4th flush card hits turn what would have been your line if villan bets strong on turn? Just pondering why you chose to not iso. And even after you flat the small shove and villan 3bets. What is your thought process when you flat his 3 bet. Just seems to dangerous to me imo to not just get it in. With your stack if he flopped the world then so be it. But honestly as played i think you have to click back get it in.

You also invested over one third of your stack when you folded, which is never good in most cases.

how do you fold that turn

i folded the turn because It just felt like i was beat based off of his line on the flop and strong turn play with another guy all in already its kind of gross him having position trying to put so much money in just one of those spots u look dumb when u fold the turn and he doesnt have you but u look smart when u fold and ur right i'm sure i'm not the first person in the world to make a read and be wrong ive played a ton of poker but havent been in a spot like this in a while after doing the work and messing with poker stove this is one of those spots where you got to call but dnt really like based off me looking at all the combo type of hands he could have based on the flop alone. As far as my flop play i was gonna snap get it in on any non club turn but basically just second guessed myself...

Thanx a bunch for the replies guys except for the first retard that replied I figure this was a good exercise to analyze here goes the result things arent always what they seem to be i know I need to call here after plugging in numbers but this is on eof those spots where u look smart when ur right u look like a dumb ass when ur wrong loll..

Sorry no reads on villian got moved to this table 2 or 3 orbits ago and didnt see him play a hand

Can I ask why you think my response classified me as a "Retard" I wouldn't have ever guess AcAx but his line does match my AcXx guess :)

btw, I think I do remember WILLIAM JAMESON posting something pretty dumb in here first and has maybe since been deleted?

Can I ask why you think my response classified me as a "Retard" I wouldn't have ever guess AcAx but his line does match my AcXx guess :)

btw, I think I do remember WILLIAM JAMESON posting something pretty dumb in here first and has maybe since been deleted?

Ur not the idiot mate I was trying to get a good brain exercise going and whoever that clown was being stupid, isnt the point of this forum and others for poker to get all of us better and learn from are mistakes? Funny thing with this hand is I had a simliar hand happen a month ago where i actually had top set and folded the turn and guy showed me the flush so its like u look good when ur right u look bad when ur wrong lol.. it was a unrasied pot 54 bb stack can limp anything I didnt have any reads which obvly would have helped but didnt see villian play a hand up intil that point

i folded the turn because It just felt like i was beat based off of his line on the flop and strong turn play with another guy all in already its kind of gross him having position trying to put so much money in ...
Short stack only has 3.8bb's so villan is never folding his one pair hands/draws ect. Your stack size should be the deciding factor once you flat his 3-bet. As played you would probobly have to jam any turn card no matter what comes at this point. But no way i am folding after calling the flop bet(in my case i am isolating the short stack shove). Or 4 bet jamming the villans 3-bet if i chose the line you took here. Someone correct me if i am wrong here!

Sorry, I didn't read all of the posts but I would have jammed all in after his flop raise. Odds were (and reality was) that he was re-raising strong but not with the nuts. I doubt he re-pops with a strong flush even. Why chase you out if your on a draw and you only called the initial all in. The only way you call his re-raise, or come over the top, is probably if you already have him beat.

Definitely popping all in after the flop re-raise.

Short stack only has 3.8bb's so villan is never folding his one pair hands/draws ect. Your stack size should be the deciding factor once you flat his 3-bet. As played you would probobly have to jam any turn card no matter what comes at this point. But no way i am folding after calling the flop bet(in my case i am isolating the short stack shove). Or 4 bet jamming the villans 3-bet if i chose the line you took here. Someone correct me if i am wrong here!

Nope....I think you're spot on.

I'm agree with Willmccoy I think after call flop no matter what's card comes on turn you had to get it in because first of all your SPR is close to one so you are now already commited to the pot and with a set in this type a board i think you had no choise instead move all in. If your plan is hope that he's checks turn and see the river free i dont think that's it works a lot of time because when he raises flop he bets strong any turn so you have 3 options imo :

1) Fold flop ( i think most of time is better than call flop because any turn he shoves and you are on tough spot)

2) Shove flop ( i'm ok with that if he had an over set that's a cooler, if i had a flush you are still alive)

3) Call flop, shove any turn (Probably the best option because you only call 3.8bb from short stacker so you can have a pair, pair+ small flush draw something like that and villian puts you on a mid hand most of time so he can easily make a move here to iso short stacker, if that's the case you let in keeping with bluff and at the same time hands with value like overpair+ flush draw+, 2 pair, etc and if on turn came a 4th flush card he's tough to him call a shove with mid flush\small flush or Kc X,Qc X ,Jc X.