**Official World Cup 2014 Qualification Thread**

sharkzilla1    0

It was nice to get the win but I don't feel overly confident in a lot of our guys out there. Beasley looks lost at LB, if anyone gets hurt such as guys like Bradley, Dempsey, Jozy, Zusi then it feels like we will be screwed. Defense consistently looks average at best.

It was a big win though to get us going, hopefully should take care of Panama next week and be golden.

Preston_Luv    517

Stayed up till 530am here in Sweden watching the stream online. Was so damn pissed when it looked like I stayed up all night just to have us choke off 2 points in the final minutes. But all was worth it just 3 minutes later :) Time to take care of business at home with 2 more wins over 2 teams at the bottom of the table. Would almost clinch qualifying. Hopefully Altidore is not to hurt. No faith in Eddie up top.

Why no faith in Eddie johnson?

His firm has been great in seattle and he has been solid on the national team. Altisore has been non existent for years until last 2 games.

LiLWebbie    0

His firm has been great in seattle and he has been solid on the national team. Altisore has been non existent for years until last 2 games.

Except for the 23 goals he scored last year for AZ, will admit that he needs to step up internationally but i think hes done enough to prove hes our 1 option at striker.

deemer6    0

Yea I agree about Altidore but I just get the sense after his great season at AZ and then finally scored in last two games he has his confidence back. And a confident Altidore is better than any other striker options we have. As far as Eddie I love his speed just not sold on his finishing abilities with his feet. But I hope I am wrong, would be nice to have 2 options up top who can help score goals to take some pressure of dempsey.

URI_Stunna    806

Everything I read says the field is straight shit to play on. Seattle has a great crowd but it sucks the put sod over field grass to play the games that are important. I get it has to be done otherwise 90% of stadiums are gone. Find the grass fields with the best advantage and just use them maybe. I think the shit field helps all concacaf teams cause most if they fields are aids.

zander    0

Sigh, just finishing up Mexico match here on TV but looks like reruns of the U21 Euros >>> Live USA WCQ. Fuuuuuuuck.

Crush it boys, all my friends from Seattle are there and really really wanna watch.

Gronksknee    0

so the city capped ticket sales due to a fucking Astros Mariners game going on next door. let's make sure Seattle never hosts another national sporting event ever again.

So it doesn't draw people away from the mariners game? That's beyond absurd. What was the #?

Tread    75

so the city capped ticket sales due to a fucking Astros Mariners game going on next door. let's make sure Seattle never hosts another national sporting event ever again.

Not to mention the field, it's fucking awful. So many soccer specific stadiums now in the US and we have to have shit-bag surface like we see playing in some of these 3rd world countries?

EyeKnows    1

Not to mention the field, it's fucking awful. So many soccer specific stadiums now in the US and we have to have shit-bag surface like we see playing in some of these 3rd world countries?

beyond ridiculous, inexcusable to not play on a top-notch pitch.

ALTIDORE!!!

DBo Fo Sho    0

So it doesn't draw people away from the mariners game? That's beyond absurd. What was the #?

42,000 was the cap I believe. the announcers earlier even said what are the 3,500 doing over there and not here

Preston_Luv    517

Yea I agree about Altidore but I just get the sense after his great season at AZ and then finally scored in last two games he has his confidence back. And a confident Altidore is better than any other striker options we have. As far as Eddie I love his speed just not sold on his finishing abilities with his feet. But I hope I am wrong, would be nice to have 2 options up top who can help score goals to take some pressure of dempsey.

Pretty good footwork there

darkpoker12    0

Well played game overall, except for the same old USA defensive mistakes like almost letting in really late goals. Not sure if I like Evans in the back yet, though his long throw reminds me of myself and I got to love the long throwers. I thought Cameron did good for just being called up, sucks that Beasely got a late suspension. It's nice to be on top of the pool with 1 less game, but there are still some things we need to work on before Brazil is a guarantee. As for the field, it wasn't top shape for sure, but it was held in a good spot since anytime its held in my hood, there are way too many opposing fans.

deemer6    0

Pretty good footwork there

Yea that was a great finish. Did well on his first touch then finished it off. It's a good sign for the US if he can do that whenever he is called upon to play thats for sure. His crosses were lacking imo but he is pbb suited more to a striker than winger anyways. Still think Altidore must be the number one choice atm up top. Hope he can maintain this level through the next year and into the WC. Also nice to see usa score more than 1 goal every game and without Dempsey having to score.

Sweetness777    423

Curious to see if Landon will be brought back for the home stretch. He's playing in the gold cup so hopefully he does work. We really need to shore up that back line though, elite teams will shred it