advertisement_alt

Most famous person you played live poker with?

norv    88

cool, i need some swear words in different languages so ps stops banning me

spike07    0

This story is 100% true : 2010 Mega Stacks Foxwoods I show up to register for the $300 100k Guarantee. As fate would have it guess who was standing directly in front of me in line wearing his Saints hat : The Darvin Moon. I'm usually cool around celebs as I worked in nightclbs in NYC but this was a personal hero. I was real nervous inside but played it cool making a off hand comment about the Saints. People were swarming him asking for autographs but not me. So I register and start walking to my seat and I sat down across the table from him. Unfortunately, I was so star struck I punted my stack on an open ended gut shot straight draw. I felt like an ass in front of my hero, he didn't even acknowledge me when I tried to shake his hand and say good game. I haven't played live poker since that day and honestly part of me died that day. I guess there is some lesson to be learned.

pardon my ignorence but who is darvin moon ( i am from the uk ) is he as famous as micky mouse ?

McBain74    0

pardon my ignorence but who is darvin moon ( i am from the uk ) is he as famous as micky mouse ?

He came in 2nd place in the 2009 WSOP main event .....Joe Cada won it.

kmc28    0

TJ cloutier was on my direct right for a few hours at the choctaw 580 500k gtd earlier this year. I saw Boston Rob from Survivor at the beau rivage million dollar heater in january as well, but we didn't play at the same table. that's about it

gmoneypzza    0

Charity event in Raleigh. Greg Raymer and Mike Gracz. I sat beside Mike. He was a really cool guy. Greg was across the room and seemed to be a douche. He had a "personal assistant" following him like a puppy, getting him drinks and such. Just came off as super pretentious.

whitealroker    27

BoDogAri but also played with the grinder clowie gowen, lee watkinson.

Told Lee how it was cool when Rolling Stone magazine picked him to win ME the year he made final table and he had never even heard of the article(was about "The Crew"....Brett didnt read it either)