advertisement_alt

Improved/Clotilda/Felipe Montenegro

ACgaming    0

If you have been around the game for as long as Improved (ironic name considering his behavior has never improved) and are still berating fish and talking shit in chat than you have to assume some kind of very serious psychological disorder or mental handicap that should probably be addressed by his good friends or loved ones..

No idea why Redicerap defended him at all, considering it is well known among regulars that berating fish is a cardinal sin. You have all heard the term don't tap the glass right? When a well known player who is a member of a training site and other communities runs his mouth and beaks at bad players it is the equivalent of a sledgehammer to an aquarium.. You just don't fucking do it.. Deal with your life issues, hire a therapist, or the easiest: self ban your chat.

He's been in the game for at least five years and he is continually draining equity from his colleagues because he can't get his fucking act together.. So selfish and extremely irresponsible.. He deserves every bit of slander to his name and image, this has gone on for far too long...

Maybe I am exaggerating, or maybe I care about the current state of poker in an era where the games are getting exponentially tougher and fish are slowly evolving or dieing off. I don't even play the same games/stakes as Improved and I am sick of his bullshit.

It is a shame this thread got derailed, because this is a matter that should be addressed every once in a while..

Redicerap it is not cool to defend this type of behavior.. Despite the fact that you made no valid points in any of your initial posts and basically said it's no big deal (it is), when forum users see you defending an asshole like Improved they think that behavior is acceptable which it most certainly is not.. I would expect more class from a mod/active member of the community.

Let's all spread awareness about chat abuse and start a peaceful movement for the betterment of the poker community and mankind!

Namaste.

JSBTl.gif

to be fair to redice i dont think he thinks berating players is ok

i just get the image that he believes all hs regs are above their opponents and are on another world than others therefore their word is gold an everyone should jst respect them no matter what

feel like im on a redice vendetta sorry had a few drinks an words came out

RedIceRap    0

JSBTl.gif

to be fair to redice i dont think he thinks berating players is ok

i just get the image that he believes all hs regs are above their opponents and are on another world than others therefore their word is gold an everyone should jst respect them no matter what

feel like im on a redice vendetta sorry had a few drinks an words came out

i kinda believe the opposite. there aren't a million threads about random people who wish u death for a fuckin hour in the observer chat. but when a successful player says "not gl to you, retard" it's a super big deal, he pays a lot of rake and he's one of the few players (group: hs regs) who arent allowed to let their emotions out? same right for everyone right? and really all i said was that i hate these threads, since their only goal is usually to start a war with a high profile player, and the intention is to lower the hs reg's status and to raise their own status. thats exactly what happened with some dolt who cant make one read worthy post on this forum. i dont care about improved personally, and not really about the chat thing, the main point was that he didnt break the poker rules and there's no need to snitch on a forum about smth that happens every second on every site. on a side note, i dont think there's smth like "chasing away fish with chat" in tourney online poker, esp because of the option to just turn it off. and i dont think it's ok to berate players, but i think it's only improved's problem and he's obv not able to fix it, which is also not the end of the world for the rest, and i still not quite understand the reason for calling me an ass licker or douche just because i say my oppinion. anyway, i cant take anything personal from someone i never met. if i meet u the first time and u talk shit on the net afterwards then i would take it personal. but else, come one, it's the internet. u can open almost any youtube video and see wars. good poker players are just normal people who are good at cards, why are some shocked if one of them makes a mistake and plays a hand bad or says smth stupid in chat because he cant control himself.

phatcat    0

If you have been around the game for as long as Improved (ironic name considering his behavior has never improved) and are still berating fish and talking shit in chat than you have to assume some kind of very serious psychological disorder or mental handicap that should probably be addressed by his good friends or loved ones..

No idea why Redicerap defended him at all, considering it is well known among regulars that berating fish is a cardinal sin. You have all heard the term don't tap the glass right? When a well known player who is a member of a training site and other communities runs his mouth and beaks at bad players it is the equivalent of a sledgehammer to an aquarium.. You just don't fucking do it.. Deal with your life issues, hire a therapist, or the easiest: self ban your chat.

He's been in the game for at least five years and he is continually draining equity from his colleagues because he can't get his fucking act together.. So selfish and extremely irresponsible.. He deserves every bit of slander to his name and image, this has gone on for far too long...

Maybe I am exaggerating, or maybe I care about the current state of poker in an era where the games are getting exponentially tougher and fish are slowly evolving or dieing off. I don't even play the same games/stakes as Improved and I am sick of his bullshit.

It is a shame this thread got derailed, because this is a matter that should be addressed every once in a while..

Redicerap it is not cool to defend this type of behavior.. Despite the fact that you made no valid points in any of your initial posts and basically said it's no big deal (it is), when forum users see you defending an asshole like Improved they think that behavior is acceptable which it most certainly is not.. I would expect more class from a mod/active member of the community.

Let's all spread awareness about chat abuse and start a peaceful movement for the betterment of the poker community and mankind!

Namaste.

+350

RedIceRap    0

So I didn't say that I'm not defending this chat behavior? He said I have no class, for saying that I hate retarded threads about regs who made a bad play or said smth stupid. Which are created either by trolls, or by someone like OP, don't know how to call him. Yes it's stupid. A good hs player berated me for like 30 min on a table, I thought it was entertaining and didn't say a word, the next time we played we had a normal chat. Guess I should've made a thread about how stupid he is. And I am a fish, so this example def counts! If you need me to comment on a special thing in ACs post, I will do so. But basicly I said everything already. I mean I agree with him for the most part, but I also think some just need to calm down and stop taking certain things too serious.

wackyJaxon    12

Just my take, when someone starts making videos or trying to do something to represent themselves, they put themselves in the public eye. Therefore they should either lead by example. I don't care one way or another if threads like these are created as if you put yourself in the public eye, people will be talking about you, but what pisses me off more is when someone berates a fish. They are playing more likely for fun and do you think when someone is berating them they are going to be more likely to come back and play again or just find another hobby? I wouldn't care as much as if its one well known reg berating another well known reg, but even that seems like wasted energy.

norv    88

ah yes, you said it red ice, the hs player berated you for 30 mins and then the next time he was ok, but it sounds from the posters that this dude does it all the time.....hence the length of the thread and all the shit throwing

if and it's a big if, this dude continually does it all the time, then it should affect his professional life and threads like this bring it more to peoples attention and if it hurts his bottom line via his training site, then perhaps this is what is needed to wake him up!

murkmanz    0

Namaste.

100% on point. cant stand the idiots who berate and attack other players, ESPECIALLY hs regs. Its sad and pathetic.

socrates555    0

redicerap's german nationality really starting to shine through

thread delivers and as usual reaches a top level when his randomness clicks the post quck reply button

although I cant help myself berating and creatively offending online players ever since i got a keyboard in front of me I do find it ridic when a MOD here, who in my oppinion is obviously superproud of himself for getting in the elite cirlce of the HS regs, tries to excuse and downplay montenegros arrogant behavior at the online tables..doesnt matter whether it is me, montenegro or the most famos of us berating idiots, Helmuth himself, when we act like jerks, we are jerks and that is it..

gl this weekend **ç%"*ç%&ç*&%&%/&%ç*() :):) :)

wackyJaxon    12

Although I respectfully disagree with RedIce on his opinion here, his opinion is as a poster.

I do agree with many in this thread that people in the spotlight regardless of what profession or hobby they have, have to be ready to face the critism and ridicule that come with their actions. Personally it doesn't bother me if I am berated in the chat, I either ignore it or play along, but its a poker forum, talk is going to happen about what players that are in the spotlight whether live or online.

If you don't like the chat or find it distracting just turn your chat off and rise above it.

I do think however that if you are a reg and classify yourself as a professional then you should act professionally at the tables. If you can't take a bad beat, then don't play.

I don't really understand why you would out a fish at the table anyway. If your analysis is correct why would you give free information to other players. Also, from my experience those players talking shit normally get targeted because the rest of the table want to bust them. Either way this is probably -EV for your table image and your composure.

RedIceRap    0

Improved is hurting himself with it, that's true. He's hurting other's feelings and it's not right. But how do you wanna stop million people from berating fish daily. This is like having a thread whether we should minraise 22 from UTG with 150bb. It simply doesn't change anything at all (assuming the 22 play is break even). And as others said, he's not like this IRL. Some reg typing some random nonsense into the chat box he doesnt mean personal. So what? Maybe we talk about what could be done to stop the other million people? And there's another thread about him and a buncha regs telling him to stop this. This was years ago and nothing changed. You can't do anything more than saying he's an idiot and shall stop it, and he simply doesn't care, which is no surprise at all given he does this regulary and doesn't care who sees it. I agree with most people who said smth against me, but I'm not defending him. It has other personal reasons of why I hate every negative thread about any reg who didn't cheat or something.

RedIceRap    0

If you don't like the chat or find it distracting just turn your chat off and rise above it.

I do think however that if you are a reg and classify yourself as a professional then you should act professionally at the tables. If you can't take a bad beat, then don't play.

I don't really understand why you would out a fish at the table anyway. If your analysis is correct why would you give free information to other players. Also, from my experience those players talking shit normally get targeted because the rest of the table want to bust them. Either way this is probably -EV for your table image and your composure.

Btw this is one of the best posts so far of why nobody should do it. If someone says smth like 'omg fish' and I'm not 20-tabling I usually watch the hand to see if it was standard or really horrible, to make a note on both players.

ACgaming    0

RedIce you still don't get it man..

--

12 million people talking shit in chat does not make it OK... Who cares? I care. Any reg who makes a living off poker should care..

The reason a thread is made about Improved and not the other 12 million people is because he is a well known HS reg who is an instructor on a training site.

The other reason threads get made about him is because HE HAS BEEN DOING THIS FOR OVER 5 YEARS,,

--

You say fish should just disable their chat? That is fucking stupid... How is a fish gonna know how to disable his chat when he doesn't even know how to play the game of poker?

It would be infinitely easier for Improved to disable his chat and simultaneously solve a major problem of his and remove himself from criticism and hatred from the community. Doing that would also protect all the fish he could potentially scare away.

A prime example of that is Olivier Busquet (adonis112).. One of the best HU players in the world, one of the most popular commentators for the WSOP, and arguably one of the most well respected players in the poker community.. He admittedly used to have a huge problem with chat and was called out on it many times.. He acknowledged his problem, apologized for it, and self banned himself from chat.. Look where he is now, no one even mentions his past mistakes..

On the other hand you have Improved, who is viewed by most as a mid range HS reg, a nit, and an asshole.. He will never be able to become a well respected player because he is unable to deal with his problems that he has had for years. That also might explain his inability to break out and become a top tier player.

--

And you say you don't care if regs berate you? Cool story bro.. Any one that takes this game seriously should have try and have thick skin and not let their emotions into play..

Bad players are unable to do that..

Imagine the feeling the first time you hit a 2 outer to make a big final table you have no business being at... You are ecstatic! Fist pumping in your room and calling your family to come watch you... Imagine then that the very good player with red stars on his name that you put the beat on tells you repeatedly how terrible you are and wishes death on your family that just came in to watch you.. How are you gonna be able to focus on the FT with your wife seeing &*$^ (*&(*() ^*((*( DONKEY FU DIE GET AIDS GO F&*&( YOURSELF continually streaming down the screen? That experience that might have otherwise been enjoyable is now ruined and the chances of that fish reimbursing the community with his newly acquired funds is drastically reduced.

That may be an extreme example but sometimes you have to put yourself in the other persons shoes.. Which it seems you are having a hard time doing as an elite HS reg..

--

I have now refuted every point you have made so far and you are left with just your opinion that you "hate threads like these that target HS players."

If that is the case you should try not posting in them... Because most people (especially regs) would agree that these threads are nothing short of necessary.

murkmanz    0

Supernovas/ high stakes regs would be role models for aspiring new players. That kind of foul mouthed bullshit just makes them sound and look like spoiled children.

bcforrest    0

On the other hand you have Improved, who is viewed by most as a mid range HS reg, a nit, and an asshole.. He will never be able to become a well respected player because he is unable to deal with his problems that he has had for years. That also might explain his inability to break out and become a top tier player.

And what is your excuse?