advertisement_alt

MiniFTOPS Event #20 possible final table collusion against Derek8

nered    0

So, last night when it was down to 3 players Derek and two other Polish players, it seemed like the two Polish players ended up playing vs Derek therefore preventing him to finish 1st. Derek was pissed to say the least because he felt he got robbed.

I wonder if he did investigate the situation with Full Tilt. I personally would love to see the hand replayer so that everyone can make their own judgement.

Few other observers felt the same way.

nered    0

I never said they knew each other, it would be almost impossible. However they were both Polish, and lets face it every country looks out for their own.

JDoug    0

If the 2 larger stacks both happened to be from the same country and are both applying pressure then it's not collusion. If i'm 3 handed with another Irish player and a random, I would like to get HU with the player from Ireland. Not collusion.

EricWRX    0

I play other Canadians deep all the time...idgaf if they make it hu or not. It's not uncommon for two big stacks to play carefully vs a shortstack with so much money ut.

nered    0

So if they keep 3bet folding all the time between each other to eliminate another player that's not collusion? Id be pissed if one guy was to raise, second 3bets I have to fold most of the time and the other player folds as well. Now when if happens all the time makes u wonder.

JDoug    0

Well I have no idea about the dynamic of the 3 handed play so I can't comment. I would definitely wonder if it was every single hand, though. It would be a lot easier to judge if we could use the replayer!

RedIceRap    0

So if they keep 3bet folding all the time between each other to eliminate another player that's not collusion? Id be pissed if one guy was to raise, second 3bets I have to fold most of the time and the other player folds as well. Now when if happens all the time makes u wonder.

i once witnessed derek8 offending another player on the table and saying some really stupid things. doesnt shock me that he claims such nonsense. if they didnt chat with each other there is no collusion! if they are 2 regs who have each other in skype it might be collusion, but it's much much more likely that they are just randoms to each other and dont collude. so yeah, unless full tilt confirms that they exchanged skype names or facebook names or whatever at some point in this tournament it's not collusion. i think they can even turn on their filters and see if they EVER chatted with each other on full tilt and what they said, etc. so it's more or less easy to find out if they cheated.

wackyJaxon    12

i once witnessed derek8 offending another player on the table and saying some really stupid things. doesnt shock me that he claims such nonsense. if they didnt chat with each other there is no collusion! if they are 2 regs who have each other in skype it might be collusion, but it's much much more likely that they are just randoms to each other and dont collude. so yeah, unless full tilt confirms that they exchanged skype names or facebook names or whatever at some point in this tournament it's not collusion. i think they can even turn on their filters and see if they EVER chatted with each other on full tilt and what they said, etc. so it's more or less easy to find out if they cheated.

Just because there is no chat on the tables, doesn't mean there isn't collusion. Collusion can happen regardless of whether the players talk to each other on Skype or other means as well. Play similar to what is being described happened to my friend 3 handed on PokerStars. The other 2 players were from Romania. He asked Stars to take a look into it after the tournament and they deemed there was collusion and bumped him to first place money. I am not saying there was collusion in this case since there isn't enough info to go on, but derek8 if concerned should forward it to support.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheating_in_poker#Collusion

Collusion is two or more players acting with a secret, common strategy. Some common forms of collusion are: soft play, that is, failing to bet or raise in a situation that would normally merit it, to avoid costing one's partner or friend money; whipsawing, where partners raise and re-raise each other to trap players in between; dumping, where a cheater will deliberately lose to a partner; and signalling, or trading information between partners via signals of some sort, like arranging their chips in a certain manner.

In a poker tournament, when one player is all in and two other players are active in the pot, it is common for the two players with chips left to "check it down", or check on each round of betting through the end of the hand. Unless they explicitly communicate an agreement about checking it down, this is not collusion.

FouTight    0

Title needs to be changed. Seems accusatory towards Derek. Maybe something like possible collusion 'against' Derek..

this.

Derek8 is a friend of mine, hes a good guy.

FouTight    0

Derek did make accusations, I just talked to him. Here is a quote from him:

'' Ya I contacted FTP security and reviewed the hand histories

there was some fishy hh but nothing concrete, the 2 guys were 600km away from each other and accounts have no history they were both just playing really well and were chopping me up

cool post tho

I don't know my p5 password but I got a full review from them and it came back kind of clean.

There were fishy hands where from the blinds they folded decent hands and 3bet 4bet me a few hands squeezing me out but both played very well I still got 2nd not like I was 3rd and got cheated... '' - Derek8

FouTight    0

wait so if u claim u were colluded against u can get the hand histories with cards shown from a final table? sick level

I think it means that FTP looked over the hands, doubt they would show the HH to Derek.

norv    88

well he said they folded strong hands pre, so how did he know this without seeing what hands were folded?

amyways congrats derek8 and it's easy to get your password back, if you want it!

I was watching the whole final table and the two polish guys played a ''HUGE'' pot 3 or 4 handed: aa vs kk and they didnt try to minimize the damage at all, cuz it was like a 16 Millions chips pot...