advertisement_alt

Have you ever busted your online roll in heat of the moment? How much $$$ we talking?

ACheemz    0

I'll be the first to admit that I have run up a roll and busted it within a day/evening session. I'd be interested to know the magnitude of $ that people have spunked while on tilt, and then afterwards sat there and thought 'wtf did i just do?'

Mine figure is probably not huge compared to some of the stories out there, but I busted a roll of 1600$ on carbon poker and felt like crying lol. I deposited 100$ 5 times, and on the 5th time I managed to run it up over a short period of time to $2000. I then lost a couple of buyins and stopped. Then had around 1600$ left and lost another 2 or 3 buyins. That't when tilt kicked in and I jumped in to 2/4 and 3/6 plo heads up cash games and was thrusto!!

barryg1983    0

Back in the day on Absolute, won close to 3k in a tourney. It was my best cash at the time Lost it all in a matter of 10 minutes on blackjack. It was the best feeling in the world followed by the absolute worst feeling in the world. I remember running bad for months after that. Ahhhh the good ol days

ACheemz    0

Back in the day on Absolute, won close to 3k in a tourney. It was my best cash at the time Lost it all in a matter of 10 minutes on blackjack. It was the best feeling in the world followed by the absolute worst feeling in the world. I remember running bad for months after that. Ahhhh the good ol days

what possessed you to jump on a BJ table following the win? were you drinking or something?

Dreaams    0

When I was 19 I took $100 out of my first paycheck from McDonald's and depo'd on FTP, just figured I'd grind. Ended up final tabling a $5 freeze out that same night I believe. Got the br up to a couple hundo and that Sunday I decided to play the double-deuce. It was over 3 years ago but I still remember there were exactly 10,069 entrants and I took 4th for about 11k and also took 6th in a 6-max $5r simultaneously. 1st place in the DD was over 40k I believe. Sometimes I still think about how my life would be different if I hadn't c/r'd all-in post flop with AJ after bricking out. Maybe I woulda won and I'd be in Brazil or Canada right now grinding a full trny schedule... Anyway, I'm getting off topic.

So for the next couple months, after withdrawing enough to buy a car for 5k and just straight up living like a rock star for a few weeks (I quit McDonald's btw, lol), I actually continued to do well. Cashed out another 6k or so and still had about 5k in my account. I went from grinding micros to playing $5 and $10 rebuys and ESP loved those $26 trnys. Then some shit happened with my mom and I ended up withdrawing 3k more out of my account and handed it to her. I was obv in a rush to get that money back, and I think I blew through the remaining 2k within like 2 days, ending with a $30r on straight tilt for all my moneyz. Needless to say, I still blame my mom for preventing me from being a poker pro lol. But that 6 to 8 week span was flat-out awesome, and thats prob why the first thing I do every morning is check to see whats going on with the legislation. Just in that short time, poker allowed me to live a lifestyle I never thought I'd have, and obv not sure if I'll ever get that chance again..... But anyway, that's my life bio. Hope you enjoyed it lol.