advertisement_alt
Zeppelin

Who is best American athlete ever?

I go with Bo and maybe Herschel Walker 2nd.

Fastest 40 yard dash in NFL history? Strike out and break your bat over your knee? Not an athletic accomplishment but sick nonetheless...

Remember watching him play tennis for the first time and he was ridiculous. Guy could do anything.

King James could dominate the NFL or win any stupid track and field competition if he trained for a week and a half. I'll put him in a boxing ring against anyone with a year of training. and oh yeah, he's the best basketball player alive.

think this question is to broad to answer. what are you gonna base this off of? lots of athletic people who play one sport, some of them good at two. you would have to run all of them through a combine of a 100 of diff ways of measuring athletic ability to find out. pretty laughable to say a guy is the greatest athlete in history because he played bball well and baseball ok, or is fast and throws a football far. whats his bench? whats his mile? whats he squat? whats his vertical? how well can he play all of the sports? how fast can he swim? can he run a marathon? what about a decathalon? cycling? agility? can he backflip? pull ups? pushups? cricket? soccer? gymnastics? etc etc etc. you would have to combine all to find out imo and i think it would end up being somebody most of us might never have heard of before

think this question is to broad to answer. what are you gonna base this off of? lots of athletic people who play one sport, some of them good at two. you would have to run all of them through a combine of a 100 of diff ways of measuring athletic ability to find out. pretty laughable to say a guy is the greatest athlete in history because he played bball well and baseball ok, or is fast and throws a football far. whats his bench? whats his mile? whats he squat? whats his vertical? how well can he play all of the sports? how fast can he swim? can he run a marathon? what about a decathalon? cycling? agility? can he backflip? pull ups? pushups? cricket? soccer? gymnastics? etc etc etc. you would have to combine all to find out imo and i think it would end up being somebody most of us might never have heard of before

I think the winner if your tests would quite clearly be somebody who does the decathlon

I honestly couldnt care any less about your definition of "athletic." The answer to this question is Michael Jordan, nobody but the Babe has ever dominated a sport like Mike, and somehow I doubt you'll let me sneak him in.

Either of those two is the "greatest" American athlete.

Robert Griffin III, ldo. he just hasn't had enough time to prove himself.

.01 off the all-time high school national record in the 300 hurdles, Heisman trophy, best rookie season ever.

oh and he's pretty good at basketball, too:

come at me bros

Bo Jackson is the most overrated athlete of all-time. He put up 8 WAR in his baseball career, or less than Mike Trout's rookie season. That's cool that Bo could play baseball, but how the hell are you going to tell me he was a better athlete than someone like Babe Ruth? Being good at two sports is not more impressive than being a potential GOAT in one.

Oh, but he was so fast and strong, exclamation point. So were heaps of Olympians.