Why am I better at Full Tilt then Pokerstars?!?!?!?

Question

FakeJchan    0

FakeJChan?filter=Class:SCHEDULED;Entrants:30~*

FakeJChan?filter=Class:SCHEDULED

I tried to put the graphs in here but not sure whether it will work.

My stats on Pokerstars are:

Tourney Count: 939

Average Stake: $34.98

ROI: -9%

Profit: -$5,502

My Stats on Full Tilt are:

Tourney Count: 2098

Average Stake: $44.23

ROI: 77%

Profit: $76,004

I thought it was just variance at first, but surely this is getting a near enough big enough sample size that I could well be doing something wrong.

My HUD stats on both sites are almost identical. Does any1 have any bright/helpful ideas on what I could do different between the sites?

In general the Pokerstars tourneys have faster structures and more people so of course there will be more variance, but surely this much discrepancy in results is not normal!

24 answers to this question

Lenail    1

Don't worry bro, i had the same stuff happening for years before BF and as said 1K MTT on stars is not enough due to the field size (and other stuffs).

PS's field size is for me 3 time bigger than FTP, 2 time for ya.

I play micro-low stakes and maid 28th of the storm and 17th of the Big Ten on sundays the last 8-9 months, if I would "only" FT one of them, my ROI would sickly jump.. But its true that I play bigger field size than you.

Also I could see that you tend to close MTTs more on FTP than Stars (certainly due to variance) and 1-2 ship taken from FTP and added to Stars would have drastically flattered your stats.

On the other side, I was a huge FTP fans 6 years ago and I learned to love stars more and more due to obvious reason we all know.... Stats did follow up that trend..

Eventhough I don't really feel results are linked to this, it was a fun stuff to remark :-)

Loving the things we do, loving where we do the things and loving with whom we do the things is a huge step up and help in life in general and I can truly say from my experience that it is something that we learn and improve day by day. Its not given.

GLGL

yeah, stars avg field size is soooo much larger than FTP, so your sample size needs to be very large to compensate for that, before you jump to any conclusions about your game. I struggled on stars but did decent on FTP, I have like $200k profit on FTP (if you count the big double jackpots bonuses) and only like $20k profit on stars (with like $400,000 in career cashes) My ROI in the $55fo's on stars was terrible bc the avg field size is so big, and I was playing like 28 tables at a time, tho I had some good results in their nightly hundred grand ($162 buyin) which was one of the tougher fields... It's all just variance... Gotta find the right balance of volume and not having too many tables that it's going to disrupt you from making good decisions based on table dynamics and gameflow.

norv    35

you might also be tuned into fulltilts rng better than ps's, i do better on 888, but when compared to ps this is a micro site, suggest you stick to fulltilt for 70% of your games and just go for the biggies on ps

why try to beat the stats

BenFaz    0

you might also be tuned into fulltilts rng better than ps's, i do better on 888, but when compared to ps this is a micro site, suggest you stick to fulltilt for 70% of your games and just go for the biggies on ps

why try to beat the stats

Yeh man he is tuned into the rng. Stars is rigged. yawn

norv    35

who the fk said it was rigged, look at most great players and they certainly have a favourite site and understanding the nous of the rng is paramount

just fk off if you have nothing to say u fkn lemon

norv    35

Nope, some people just run better on certain sites - sort of like your scores on PS v FT. Obviously your number of games is limited but some guys who have 2-3 milly badges definitely have a liking to either or these sites, there are not many that split their winnings over a number of sites evenly. It's just a fact, believe if you will or don't, no skin off my arse.

This is interesting.. I remember enjoying better run outs on full tilt.. I still haven't played on there since before black Friday.. Def considering it now... Most likely variance but keep us updated on how things develop..

I def know people who far prefer one site over another, constantly citing that they simply run better at one site as opposed to the other.. Stars playing field is strong though.. Even the lower stakes regs are improving drastically..

Just incredible how much this game has developed over the past few years.. I wonder where it will be in 10 years.. Solved? GTO dominated? Will hold'em be eclipsed by the ever-growing popularity of games like PLO or OFC? Whatever happens, i do think poker has a very exciting future and that some of the darkest days of this industry are behind us.. The game is becoming more professional everyday and Pokerstars are behind almost everything great about the industry.. Their TV coverage of EPT's is astounding.. Stapessss

Enough derailing though.. I'm gna get back on full tilt.. You have convinced me Fakejchan..

ChrisHendry    0

Will hold'em be eclipsed by the ever-growing popularity of games like PLO or OFC? Whatever happens, i do think poker has a very exciting future and that some of the darkest days of this industry are behind us.. The game is becoming more professional everyday and Pokerstars are behind almost everything great about the industry.. Their TV coverage of EPT's is astounding.. Stapessss

definate +1 on stapes, during coverage i generally do burst out laughing every now and then

but cant see OFC/PLO taking over NLHE tbh, they're too hard for novices to comprehend and follow on TV so it generally takes someone to teach them or they've played so much holdem they get bored online and try something new or my personal favorite.... when they misclick reg and first hand is dealt and they type WTF

jsagan77    0

Stars seems to have better players and bigger fields so that might be why. One nice cash and your ROI will swing big time. There's a reason the best online guys are widely considered great though, volume. They play in a month what you played in your whole sample size and can play well at that rate. It's definitely an underrated skill and exhausting approach but it's effective for them nonetheless. They'll go stretches on sites like you did on stars and one big score or multiple medium ones and they're ROI speaks for itself. You're obviously a decent player so just increase the volume on stars, ship a couple and you'll be fantastic. Keep grinding bro, GL@TT!

Smurfehits    0

yeah, stars avg field size is soooo much larger than FTP, so your sample size needs to be very large to compensate for that, before you jump to any conclusions about your game. I struggled on stars but did decent on FTP, I have like $200k profit on FTP (if you count the big double jackpots bonuses) and only like $20k profit on stars (with like $400,000 in career cashes) My ROI in the $55fo's on stars was terrible bc the avg field size is so big, and I was playing like 28 tables at a time, tho I had some good results in their nightly hundred grand ($162 buyin) which was one of the tougher fields... It's all just variance... Gotta find the right balance of volume and not having too many tables that it's going to disrupt you from making good decisions based on table dynamics and gameflow.

this

allani12    1

FakeJChan?filter=Class:SCHEDULED;Entrants:30~*

FakeJChan?filter=Class:SCHEDULED

I tried to put the graphs in here but not sure whether it will work.

My stats on Pokerstars are:

Tourney Count: 939

Average Stake: $34.98

ROI: -9%

Profit: -$5,502

My Stats on Full Tilt are:

Tourney Count: 2098

Average Stake: $44.23

ROI: 77%

Profit: $76,004

I thought it was just variance at first, but surely this is getting a near enough big enough sample size that I could well be doing something wrong.

My HUD stats on both sites are almost identical. Does any1 have any bright/helpful ideas on what I could do different between the sites?

In general the Pokerstars tourneys have faster structures and more people so of course there will be more variance, but surely this much discrepancy in results is not normal!

the reason is thar stars RNG is flawed and possibly RIGGED?! B12ATM

On the subject of RNG's. I heard Lee Jones explain the difference between Stars and FTP software.

Apparently pokerstars shuffle a virtual deck that is set at the start of every hand before being dealt but FTP have a cloud system that pick random cards out of the air.

So maybe there is something in Norv's thoughts.