advertisement_alt
Andrew

Warning to others about Carbon

Im gonna start off by saying I realize that this is in the terms and conditions, but I still think its wrong.

So to more warn others any tournament coupon you own on carbon, I.e 109 ticket 33 ticket etc., has a 90 day period and it then expires. I was holding onto a 109 ticket I won in a micro satellite, for a Maximus event or bigger guarantee on Sunday, and it just disappeared. I emailed carbon and they said that they expire in 90 days. Obv had I known that I would have used it sooner but I guess I'm shit out of luck. I think it's ridiculous that they can make something like this expire because I literally won 109 dollars out of a prize pool. They're arguing it's not money but a coupon, but no matter how you slice it carbon is 109 dollars richer on my behalf.

So use those tickets right away p5ers and hopefully no one else gets fucked like I did.

Yeah actually just looked at my coupons yesterday and noticed that they had "expires in 54 days" ect. Never noticed that before and some are down to a few weeks. Guess I'll use them on my 24 hour duty today lol.

But yes try and see if carbonchris can do anything, I had never seen it before yesterday, pretty sure it's new...maybe slid it in with one of the updates??

Not only are the expiration dates clearly displayed in the 'Tournament Coupons' menu dialogue box, but players are also warned via pop up at sign in that coupons are set to expire within 2 weeks.

Ryan

and why exactly is that your policy?

you just received $109 on his behalf. no matter how you slice it!

Not only are the expiration dates clearly displayed in the 'Tournament Coupons' menu dialogue box, but players are also warned via pop up at sign in that coupons are set to expire within 2 weeks.

Ryan

CarbonRyan, this is a very bad policy. A player who wins a ticket like this should have as long as they would like to use it. There's no good reason to rob the player of money he won from a prize pool, other than profiting at the player's expense.

I don't know of a coupon in this world that doesn't have some sort of expiration date 90 days is more then enough time that is dang near 3 months.

Yes coupons that are attainable to anyone and for free, and have no cash value are expected to be good for a limited time. That isn't the case here. Just because it's called a coupon doesn't make it applicable. It's a ticket. It has cash value because it was bought by all players who entered the tournament and awarded to winners of the tournament. How can you, or CarbonChris logically defend a bogus policy simply because it's "policy"? They are profiting off the actual tournament pot as well as the entry fee. Completely different from awarding coupons or tickets to players based on a frequent player points promo or something of that nature. In that scenario they would actually be giving you a free entry to a tournament versus you putting up your cash along with other players to win whats in the pot. To be ok with their current guidelines you would also have to be ok with my policy which states anyone who reads my posts are subject to me dropping a deuce on their forehead within the next 90 days. It may or may not happen, but hey, it's my policy. Says so right here. You accept it.

WOW! Thanks for the heads up! I agree that this is a HORRIBLE POLICY!!! I was holding on to coupons for the next Poker Maximus Series. I didn't even know you could check to see what coupons you have, and one of my coupons expires in 4 days! I was only playing on Carbon, but as of late I have been trying to move more of my business to other sites like Bovada and maybe ACR now. This is another reason I will be putting in more volume on other sites. I am pretty sure I have lost coupons in the past too, since I never knew they expired. I just assumed that I accidentally used them.

Yeah the fact they even expire boggles my mind given that there was no added money to the prize pool. They told me its a "promotional" thing. Such a nice promotion to have a prize pool be lumped into 109 tickets and that can expire so carbon can pocket the money.

As for the 2 week notice thing Chris, I literally moved back into my house that got clobbered by a tree during sandy and didnt even get a chance to log on for over a month. Not every player has time to put tons of volume on a site that was taking 11 weeks to pay me at the time Chris.

Pretty sure this is my last straw with carbon. Withdrawals take forever and now they have promotional satellites where they can easily pocket your money if you don't pay close attention.

Ps I don't even bother opening up my cashier basically ever, I register for tournaments and play them it's pretty simple. After a nice score I withdrawal, wash and repeat. No beating my meat to my cashier saying "109 ticket" in my cashier "oohhhhhh yeahhhhhhh im so rich"

Ryan

try being a little subjective esp for someone who represents a site if you want respect

carbonryan seems like a douche and this is why i have and never will put 1 cent on carbon or lock. what a shitty policy for shitty sites. fwiw bovada processes, approves, and mails checks within 10 days and you don't have shitty things like this happening.

Definitely this. His response seemed totally douchebaggish!

Boycott Carbon imo!

Ryan

Translates to: Are you all fucking idiots? Ryan

Nice reply Ryan instills great confidence in the Carbon brand...(retard)

Some sites are just 60 days and the coupon(s) will expire... I think it is complete bullshit. If I grind sattys hard, and accumulate 10 $215 tournament tickets in one week (very unlikely to happen but possible) and the tournament only runs every sunday, At least one of my tickets is going to expire no matter what, and this is assuming I'm able to grind every Sunday.

It is also rediculous because If you are on a bad run and are a midstakes grinder with a $20abi or w/e, you're not going to want to use your $109 or $215 ticket in the midst of a downswing... you're going to want to use it after shipping an 11fo or 5r or something, so you have the best possible mindset and momentum going into the bigger tourney. It makes me sick how terrible online poker is right now in the US. MTT schedules suck, payouts take forever, or are non existent, and tournament tickets expire/you're not able to satellite into a tournament and unregister to play on a future date. This is why I am no longer depending on poker for my income anymore, and just got a job as a dealer at ManchVegas poker room... Poker will always be a passion of mine, but for now it will just be a hobby, and something I do when I feel like playing. I will always be lookin to improve and keep as open of a mind as possible... the moment I feel like I am too set in my ways, will be the day I no longer want to play.

Wow i would expect to at least hear another reply by Carbon by now? This is very disappointing

Unfortunately, Ryan made it clear that they aren't going to make exceptions and that they feel their policy is clear. If this is the case, posting again will just compound the hate that already exists because of a bad policy that is rightfully perceived as a money grab and no flexibility for first time "customers" that are asking for an extension not paying attention to the expiration dates.

For what it is worth, I have had a ticket sitting in my account on PokerStars for over a year. I have also asked them when I purchased something out of their fpp store by mistake if they could refund it so I could buy what I meant to buy. Most of their satellites also work on a $T system which is far more fair. This is not meant as a brag, but just saying what some legitimate regulated sites do.