Samsung s4, iPhone5s and other new phones

sketchy1    1

Jay bone are you sure the YouTube app is downloaded on your phone?

i THINK it comes preinstalled, which also might make it not capable of being uninstalled. if you can, uninstall it and reinstall it, that fixes a lot of weird problems like that.

lately i've been having issues where my twitter shortcut disappears from my screen, like it's just blank where it should be, but the app is still installed and gives me alerts. i can open it but the shortcut is just gone. also in the apps list, it's gone.

i have to uninstall it and reinstall it to get it to reappear. however it quit doing this after like two times where i had to uninstall/reinstall. anyone have anything like this happen? it just started happening (then stopped like i said, for the time being anyway) after the latest twitter software update.

JB    1,227

Yeah sketchy, I can't uninstall it. I uninstalled the updates and reinstalled them, but that did nothing.

Btw, I've also had that problem with the twitter icon. They must have a weird bug when it upsdates. Thats all I can guess.

Guest Camz   

Guest Camz

Perhaps try going yo manage apps selecting YouTube and clicking the "force stop" "Disable" "clear data" and "clear cache" in that order

JB    1,227

Obv tried all that.

There is no "disable" or "enable" btw. There is a "launch by default" setting, but it says its not set and gives me no option to set it.

Like I said... this is tilting as fuck.

TheSilentBob    301

I don't get into these discussions about what phone is better because it comes down to personal preference. I've never had an android phone and for all I know the S4 might be the best phone ever. With that said, I have experienced zero issues with iPhones and the only issues I've heard other people had were due to the manufacture and just get replaced. I assume the issue is with the app and not the phone but based on the suggested fixes, seems like most people think it's the phone. Hate on the iPhone and its specs all you want but IOS has always been top notch.

JB    1,227

I've had an S3 for a year and a half now and never had any problems. My insurance just sent me this one two days ago.

I'd rather not go back in time and get an iphone tho.

dolphin13    1

I've had 14 different phone over the last year and a half now and never had any problems besides breaking or losing them all. My insurance just sent me this one two days ago.

I'd rather not go back in time and get an iphone tho.

fyp

acp    680

Yeah it's Skyrocket. The original S2 is not LTE.

Camz that's awesome, I saw that the camera and battery life is not the best, but should be fine.

Guest Camz   

Guest Camz

Anyone have the LG G2? I May get this instead of the nexus 5. All the reviews seem to favor it

Diggity D    0

Just added a new line an picked up an htc one to test out. Ended up getting a new 32gb for $100 which made the decision easy vs the nexus. So far the phone physically is sooo much better than my iphone 5, took me about 20 minutes of fucking with it to pick up the operating system.

Everything seems really solid, still learning android stuff though, will report back...

Guest Camz   

Guest Camz
Just added a new line an picked up an htc one to test out. Ended up getting a new 32gb for $100 which made the decision easy vs the nexus. So far the phone physically is sooo much better than my iphone 5, took me about 20 minutes of fucking with it to pick up the operating system.

Everything seems really solid, still learning android stuff though, will report back...

the htc one is supposed to be realllllllly good. Not sure how it stacks up against the newer LG G2 but it had rave reviews when released

acp    680

Awesome screen, battery life, camera, I had it for a weekend and returned it because I couldn't stand the volume and power button on the back.

Guest Camz   

Guest Camz

yea the only knock against it seems to be the placement of the volume/power buttons...and a somewhat gimmicky UI according to some. That can b fixed with a ROM though. I want to avoid a contract though and not pay $600 for a phone so ill prob settle for nexus

KingPariah    0

So Wal-Mart has the S4 for $99 and comes with a $100 gift card. Should I jump on this since I need a new phone or is Verizon going to come out with something soon that will completely blow that thing out of the water? I really want the S4 Active but it doesn't seem like Verizon will be able to get it anytime soon.

Guest Camz   

Guest Camz

get the LG G2 for Verizon ainec.

I've had experience with a bunch of android phones and it's by far the fastest I've come across. My fiance got it yesteray and I'm in love with it. I also much prefer LG's UI over Samsng's Touchwiz. Give it a shot in store if you haven't yet. Pretty sure you can get it cheap for BF.

BubbaKGB    8

Have the Nexus 5 but haven't transferred over yet, been too busy.

I have an S3 with a cracked screen...is it worth anything as is or would I need to pay $100+ to get it fixed and then sell it for like $150 (thus making it not worth it)?

Guest Camz   

Guest Camz

bubba I just sold my S3 on ebay for 265 sans charger. It was an international version one tho(unlocked). Check ebay to see what it's worth.

just ordered my Nexus 5 yesterday as well.