advertisement_alt
dolphin13

True Detective - HBO

fucking gay gay gaybrams would do something like this...just thought TD was above it that's all

True_Detective_Audreys_dolls.jpg

This is my main gripe...how could this not be addressed? Besides that I am pretty happy with the finale. Is it assumed that the rest of the people in the Fontenot sacrifice video are the Tuttles and Childress's? Is Errol's half sister or whoever it was that he was fucking half Tuttle and half Childress, thus connecting the families?

Loooooozzzzzzers ........ Next week is the REAL surprise where Marty or Cole ~~ One or the other ~~ blow each others brains out -- to get to the top of the food chain to fill in the rest of the story.

fucking gay gay gaybrams would do something like this...just thought TD was above it that's all

True_Detective_Audreys_dolls.jpg

So what was the swirling cosmic thing right before Rust got stabbed? Was he just having one of his hallucinations or is there further meaning here?

I thought they did a great job on the final scene. That house and the labyrinth were scary as shit, very well done. Still never found out why Rust and Martys daughter were making that same scene with the people standing around the body.

So what was the swirling cosmic thing right before Rust got stabbed? Was he just having one of his hallucinations or is there further meaning here?

I thought they did a great job on the final scene. That house and the labyrinth were scary as shit, very well done. Still never found out why Rust and Martys daughter were making that same scene with the people standing around the body.

Fuck. I knew I should have rewatched this show. I totally missed this.

Also, how many OTers though of WAR when they showed the Yellow King's house?

raises hand

I wonder if WAR also makes "flowers" with his sister

perfect ending. lol at people needing everything wrapped up in a nice neat package. That aint life bros

Yeah I thought the ending fit perfectly with the story. Case closed but still more to the story than Marty or Rust will ever know. That is much more realistic than detectives finding out every single little detail about a 17 year old case being covered up along the way.

Seems to me the story was about a couple of detectives with fucked up lives and who have acted badly with respect to their personal and professional lives. Despite all their deficiencies, they try to do something good by solving this crime and maybe get some redemption or as Rust says, pay their debt. They both nearly get killed and while they know they solved the crime, complete justice is still lacking. Both seem to be satisfied with paying their "debt" and moving on with their lives. Marty seems to have come to terms with his wife and daughters and Rust finally comes to terms with his daughter's death.

Solving the crime was just the vehicle used to allow for the resolution of the conflict and redemption of the deficiencies in Rust and Marty's lives. It's as if, despite all their shortcomings, they kind of get a fresh start now through solving the crime, living through it and getting some resolution in their personal lives as well. Rust and Marty are fine with the outcome, they discovered the truth and finished their job, the rest of the details of the crimes are not important to their stories.

One season of a show could never be good enough to be better than all of breaking bad tho

I agree. I guess I was comparing more of how the last season of BB kpet momentum the entire way where as TD did not imo.

Still a good show and really enjoyed watching MM and WH together. I hope whoever they bring on next season can hold the line.