advertisement_alt
DiamondDixie

Winning Network OSS III Team Competition - anyone interested?

I'm not trying to have it my way, I'm probably not participating either way but after giving this a lot of thought I just don't feel right about running this unless teams are chosen by draft.

It's just me and what I feel is fair and gives everyone an equal chance to participate. There are a lot of people who don't know many people and those who know almost everyone. Those who crush and those who are good but not sickos. The draft balances it out. Pick your own teams does the opposite.

There is also the point that a lot of these guys play all stakes and have the BR to re-enter as much as they want so it makes it impossible for someone on a more limited BR to even want to participate.

So hopefully if you all prefer to pick your own someone else will be willing to run this.

I'll tell whoever takes over what to do as far as what Wacky will need etc.

Sorry, you guys do whatever you want I just chose not to be a part of it. No hard feeling none of that but I prefer it this way.

@DD -- I agree with you. Very few competitions in the history of P5s have been pick your own teams. The draft system has the benefit of encouraging participation from a large set of people since everyone is on even ground.

If it's pick your own teams, I doubt you'll get more than 2-3 teams to participate -- especially once the top team or two posts its roster and everyone else decides not to pay up since they feel like it's hugely -EV. I have a feeling this is going to turn into a 2 team prop bet instead of a competition.

@DD -- I agree with you. Very few competitions in the history of P5s have been pick your own teams. The draft system has the benefit of encouraging participation from a large set of people since everyone is on even ground.

If it's pick your own teams, I doubt you'll get more than 2-3 teams to participate -- especially once the top team or two posts its roster and everyone else decides not to pay up since they feel like it's hugely -EV. I have a feeling this is going to turn into a 2 team prop bet instead of a competition.

Thanks for your comment and I totally agree.

I'll still run it as a draft just not as a pick own team of sickos who can re-enter every event 10+ times if they want to.

Here is a link to a poll, I'll get a mod to add it to the OP as well. Please choose which you prefer, draft or pick your own teams.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/6LMNNJ2

Agree with Tyson/Dixie myself, and in fact I was kind of surprised when others were adamant that they wanted to pick their own teams. It is true, that any team can win a contest, as 7delux and a couple others pointed out. Teams can be stacked or not stacked. Doesn't mean one team is going to win over another. What it does mean however is that....

1. The overall interest level will be minimal

2. As a result, the comp prize pool will be smaller

Contests that have been run in the past for these US sites (often by Dixie) have been laxed, enjoyable, balanced, and well ran.

So, as I mentioned originally, rather than an ego-driven pissing contest of "this guy gets his guys and that guy gets those guys", the overall experience of the contest would be much better in draft format.

Again tho, I'm good with whatever u guys decide.

im in this.. clutch find some other people and lets take this down..i will look also.. im in for either draft or picking own teams

I'm in either way. Leaning towards draft for the reason Tyson said and the fact that its re entry which means only the teams with the biggest bankrolls can complete.