advertisement_alt

Is poker stars rigged ? the facts.

sertifiable    10

Ok so I have been playing for a good few years now constantly.

What I have noticed both on 888 and Pokerstars which I believe based on intuitive instinct which is difficult to fathom as scientific proof but in this case I do believe it is occuring.

I am mensa level IQ although I dont state this for egotistical reasons purely to say I think I have some viability to my associations.

Ok so simply put I believe that the algorithm changes depending on the frequency of deposits being made and type of play.

Thats it.

I have played very safe and tight and also loose and have seen hands play out to my favour using both styles and also have seen how quickly this type of success will change and no longer hit the hands and once deposits start to fly out there is no return to the earlier continual positive hand play.

They should get Google team onto this Im sure it can be proven but I guess as data scientists that would be shitting on their own lol!

sertifiable    10

Ok so I have been playing for a good few years now constantly.

What I have noticed both on 888 and pokerstars which I believe based on intuitive instinct which is difficult to fathom as scientific proof but in this case I do believe it is occuring.

I am mensa level IQ although I dont state this for egotistical reasons purely to say I think I have some viability to my associations.

Ok so simply put I believe that the algorithm changes depending on the frequency of deposits being made and type of play.

Thats it.

I have played very safe and tight and also loose and have seen hands play out to my favour using both styles and also have seen how quickly this type of success will change and no longer hit the hands and once deposits start to fly out there is no return to the earlier continual positive hand play.

They should get Google team onto this Im sure it can be proven but I guess as data scientists that would be shitting on their own lol!

JustALurker    0

What is to be gained from a major business that deals with high volume and large amounts of money cheating its players? The risk-reward in this instance would make no sense at all. Do you have any verifiable numbers to back up your claims? I certainly understand the "feeling" that things are a bit "off" at times, but this is an easily explained phenomenon of statistics and selective memory. I am certainly open to listening to a reasonable discussion, but over the years that I have been active in the poker community, I have not seen any evidence, only peoples anecdotes, that suggest Poker Stars or 888 is somehow "rigged". In the end, it's all about the numbers.

kepalas    10

Hey guys!

I have been playing Pokerstars about 50K hands, occasionally played poker about 40 years. First 10K hands for me looks suspicious. First deposit -winning unbelievable (meaning that I'm started play after big pause maybe 5 years). Especially suspicious when I start withdraw money-my bankroll start falling down like stone, no matter how I play TAG or fish. But its ok...maybe happens... coincidence...

But thing is in other: I`m Aspie and my disability or gift is counting possibilities. I see number and statistic very clearly in my head, do I want it or not. And it's my curse, sadly, very annoying, believe me.

I can tell after compare all numbers this site is definitely rigged.

Of course human created AI is still weak and after long research you can predict even this rigged model actions and start win but for me its looks stupid, better do some more useful job somewhere.

Plus I been in business many years and this business model looks clearly simple. Wining only russians because is big country? Before judge, at least try put all algorithms in simple excel chart. Stunning stats....

As usually I expecting many insults, but don't worry, as Aspie, I carry them all my life, so nothing new here.

Be careful guys, who decide believe brainwash appie winning millions in pokerstars.

Good luck!

kepalas    10

Hi again,

As certain person I`ve been stubborn and continued investigate. There 2 examples:

1. Many times I got very suspicious hands with rubbish flop and ofc russian player got three of a kind, ofc lead me into trap and win. Usual situation in my 60K hands at Pokerstars by now. OK...

2. About 60% when I got top cards (like AA, KK, QQ), usually all russian players folds. I got that in excel, because like I said, I'm obsessed by numbers. Usual situation in my 60K hands at Pokerstars by now. OK...

But thats give me very childish idea, same old like poker game maybe.

What if pokerstars not manipulating RNG, but simple shows to their trusted hired persons my cards. It's simple, easy and childish suspicion and very hard to find person who put that into investigation.

What about that, what you think guys?

P.S. Let's decorate a suspicion cake little bit with psychology: imagine how many angry players sending letters to Pokerstars about suspicious hands. Its maybe thousands per day Im sure. To answer to all of them means need to use a huge amount of personnel and its so expensive, that I can only imagine weight of that expenses. Must eat maybe 10% of profits or maybe more.

So why they answering in every email in matter of hours?

That means its VERY IMPORTANT to them. Its far away from "we carry about our reputation", weight of costs to personel who write answers is way bigger than advertising budget expenses, which is more effective instead to try convince every single person- which must be millions by now.

In my life I saw only 2 types of persons who answers in suspicious questions with huge amount of info - its criminals or autistic people like me.

kepalas    10

By the way, anyone have time to time this "Please restart your client" error from PS soft on PC?

I have this like 2 times per day. First 2 months I thought it's my MS Framework conflicts in Windows or so, but after that I started to making a notices when its happens.

I know that it still looks like a conspiracy theory, but its happens only on my winning streaks.

And today difference was huge - I reached triple my buy-in at both 2 tables and again suddenly "Please restart your client".

I'm like sheep at butcher of course restarted client and what you think - start dropping down like stone - on hands AA, KA etc, on table rubbish cards or just trap - another players win of course, TAG or fish play style, doesn't matter.

So I think "Please restart your client, you start winning to much" - joke or serious, you judge :)

MarkyB    0

I totally agree that PokerStarsUK is a fix I have complained and complained but always get the same it’s all random and nothing is fixed here’s an example of today’s play

hand 1. Trip A’s all in (I’m short stacked and chip leader calls needing two running cards to make a flush) anyone guess what happened yes you’re right down comes two clubs (think it was clubs) I lost.

Hand 2.  Trip 8’s all in ( I’m short stack again) chip leader calls guess what he needs runner runner to make a flush can anyone guess what happens he gets them and he called me with 9 & 3 of hearts with a 7 on the table and they say it’s not fixed (bullshit).

Hand 3. I’m short stack with A/Q not suited we get a flop and A K 7 I go all in chip leader calls he has A 10 so I’m odds on favourite to win the only card that can beat me is a 10 (no flush possible) can anyone guess what card comes on the river you’re all correct yet again in comes the 10 card.

i have started taking photos not of just my cards but with anyone who is short stacked and 99% of the time the short stack losses.

There has to be something that can be done about this as it’s unfair and out and out cheating 

marlow77    0

I can quite confidently say I am the most experienced player in this entire thread that always, still do and always will scream from the highest mountain that online poker isn't, nor can POSSIBLY be, the remotest bit random!!

16 years and over 10 million hands and I' done nothing but run terrible the entire time. I've never had a single heater in my life lasting longer than one game. The last half decade has seen around 70% losing days in SnG, small % MTT, all the while maintaining one of the highest evbb/100's possible in all formats, easily comparable with other winning regs I've known over the years, or 100's of thousands of hands from them on my database.

The incessant, relentless ridiculousness, day in, day out for me is beyond the imaginable. I can watch video after video from top players, like epiphany, bencb, anything from RIO etc and the differenece between their card distributions and mine is like the differnece between football and bird watching...the two just don't compare remotely. I've never EVER seen a turn or river during a tentative shitting-your-pants-cuz-u-know-you're-always-losing post-flop check/call down that wasn't the absolute nut worst card you wish to see. I have an EV graph worse than anything I've seen on any forum anywhere ever, and it's been consistently this way since 2004.

I can't even begin to go into the details on the patternisations very easily noticed, how when certain things happen you can physically see the RNG doing it's absolute bullshit thing. It's always stated these so called RANDOM generators are regulated, we all know this is pure and utter hogwash. I believe they have a way of doing the simple thing of making AA dealt the correct of times, and all that irrelevant bullshit to fool any potential regulator into thinking all is ok, but there's a trillion other variables in which to conceal the massive biases that there 100% are. My data alone would definitely be enough to make a supreme court judge sit up and listen for sure.

07keith    10

hahaha why would a pro start playing $1 games lol what planet are you on you must be one of the affiliates for stars or 888 or ipoker.

Jp1251    0

It really does make you wonder eh, I mean anyone can deal with a bad beat or to but for it to happen with such regularity is a bit mind boggling, people then say oh you’re a bad player and you just won’t see it , but it strikes me the bad player is the one who just jammed his stack into your kings full , oh wait two cards later he’s fucking won the hand and your stack. Yep being a bad player on stars seems to work out really fuckin well.

xxbossmanxx    2

On 3/23/2019 at 7:10 PM, 07keith said:

hahaha why would a pro start playing $1 games lol what planet are you on you must be one of the affiliates for stars or 888 or ipoker.

You must have not been around when it was the big challenge and tons of guys did it. Maybe shut your mouth and listen for a second.

broomo    10

I'm confident enough in my own ability now to comment on threads like these. Before I thought I was inexperienced and just moaning for the sake of moaning.

For the record, I've NEVER had a losing account online on any site, every single poker account I've ever had has been in profit. I'm not brilliant, don't know how I compare to average. 76 on sharkscope (down from 79) ROI is healthy and I beat on average more than 60% of the field.

The amount of money in lost opportunities while sitting deep and in great shape is really sickening. Any player good or bad who thinks it's not set up (rigged) is naiive at best. The amount of times I'm sitting top ten and then lose 3 hands in a row and I'm gone, first loss is always when I'm dominating, called by the table clown, second loss is usually a pair walking into AK/AQ and then it gives me a hand no choice but to shove.

When you're seriously considering folding aces pre flop you know it's a joke. You know what's coming and all you can do is keep playing solid and praying it turns.

888 poker and it's rebuys should be hauled before a committee.

I'm embarrassed to say I've used it to my own advantage on occasions as well calling an all in with ridiculous cards knowing I'm the big stack. 90% of the time the bigger stack will win, any two cards. It's evil.

It's as if it suddenly recognises you're decent, you've won a couple of quid and no matter what or how you play, you're put on tilt.

Happy to have a proper player watch my style of play. 

cr45h    0

Hi. I believe I have some fairly strong proof that unfair shit is going on. you can skip to the end of the post if you just want the facts but ill start by introducing things a bit. 

Ive played poker for 10 years now very mostly high volume micro stakes husng and 6max cash. profitable always and probably among the best players at these stakes. also profitable at any other forms/variants. I have long witnessed pokerstars slow me down and learned to fkin accept it because stars has the traffic and the very customisable user interface for intense grinding. Ive also witnessed through the years when making fresh accounts for friends wed usually play together a few games and get super awesome results (including shipping 360man 10cents turbo twice in a row). 

my belief is that traffic has been slowly dying and they are trying to save the whole thing/make more money by helping recs so that they last much longer at any game. it helps any kind of fairly bad player (be it mr ultratight or usual degenerate or hyper passive newbie) get pots from strong/balanced/uneasy to exploit players. i believe there is an AI that works the setups. I see it for myself as well as for others. I am too good at calling cards before they fall. 

now for the main attraction: i have felt it being on full force for the last few days at 5k hands per day. I decided to play some 1.50 husng games to have some sour fun seeing it happening. no disappointment here, after 60 games abyssmal winrate down 10 buyins. chip ev is at 0, with a non showdown at 0 vs these guys who have no clue that is quite the feat. (if you know the game you reread that until you understand). of course ev diff is negative 10 stacks but i dont give a shit about this. what i hate is my ev being 0 because it mean the system can fk me over without any kind of trace. what happens is the fish can't lose a game unless it makes absolutely atrocious mistakes repeatedly. when effective stack gets shallow i am dealt horrors only so i get ran over nicely until finally i go in regretfully with A4o and bingo they insta call with A6o and there will not be a chop. chop is for my AQs vs their A3o if im lucky. i grind them down they resurrect blinds get huge i lose in the end.. 

today i was playing with the android app, curious if that would change anything but spoiler no. 

in the last game I took the bad player down to like 5bb 3 times, mainly the very hard way while being card dead. he finally gave up and sat out so i was left stealing the remaining chips. stole a few times while noticing my expected offsuit 5 or 6 high hole cards at this depth.

He then had only 1bb and I was on the sb with my 52o when i said: WAIT A MINUTE. let's see where this is going. let's fold and take screenshots of all the hands from this point in time. 

in succession

82o

73o

82o

A3o

lets look at 82o 73o 82o. say its in bottom 5% of all hands. from any point in time, the chances of this happening might be something like 1 in 8000. nice coincidence!

when A3o came i decided to call hoping to see something funny but sadly he got folded even though he was allin in the big blind and that cut my experiment short.

SHORT VERSION: for the first time ever I decided to record the shit as it was being done, and from that moment something very very improbable (worse than 1 outer twice in a row which would be like 1 in 2000) but highly expected happened.

ps: I really wonder why i didn't do this shit sooner maybe i was too caught up in the emotional horror that being denied the fruit of your hard work is. I spent all these years semi accepting that its tuned, half wondering if that was my bias, bothered about it too much. I am now assured of it, and I will keep playing in that shit while looking for solutions. But on the whole it is so liberating to have proved it to myself and I feel much better.