advertisement_alt
AJyowler

Merge Deposit and Cashouts

Every US facing site/network has to deal with bounced checks from time to time. The reason is because they all use 3rd party processors and those processors have to deal with issues caused by UIGEA. According to the multiple data sources I have access to, about 1% of checks have some sort of issue and need replacement.

In the case of Carbon Poker, they've been around since 2005 and paid out all players since inception. He has nothing to worry about, the check will be replaced. If it caused him bounced check fees, they'll even reimburse those if he shows them a document detailing the bank fee.

--

Kahn

This is pretty gross, any update?

the update is carbon is wanting a copy of the check.. I'm still trying to get ahold of my bank to see if that's possible.. Meanwhile my 2nd check hasn't processed yet from the 19th.. hopefully I'm just part of the "1%" will update as I get more info

This is standard. It's also standard for banks to mail these sorts of things to their customers.

--

Kahn

let's try and keep this thread to actual things happening instead of one troll's personal uninformed account of everything going on.. The check was sent to a research division. Hopefully it will still clear and just take a lot longer than usual

Not sure what's going on Kev, but mine have been steadily 3 weeks tops. I also haven't had any issues with depositing them at my bank.

He meant that his check that was sent off to collections by his bank could take 8 weeks to be approved, not that his check from Carbon took 8 weeks to arrive!

so I just had my 2nd check in a row go to "collections" for being a canadian check (process could take up to 8 weeks).. Never had issues depositing before.. Anybody else going through this problem? Is it time I switch banks?

Yes, you should find another bank. Large, multinational, does business in Canada are all things you might want to look for when choosing a new bank :)

--

Kahn

been hearing about bounced checks from other players

i would like to think the cashier department would halt a check and offer an alternative

i understand its standard in the industry,i had one from AP like 5 years ago,been l

lucky since ,but i am not playing merge till i hear otherwise. Pokerhost paid me quick but they're out.

idk not comfy with carbon till i hear otherwise

been hearing about bounced checks from other players

i would like to think the cashier department would halt a check and offer an alternative

i understand its standard in the industry,i had one from AP like 5 years ago,been l

lucky since ,but i am not playing merge till i hear otherwise. Pokerhost paid me quick but they're out.

idk not comfy with carbon till i hear otherwise

Comparing pre Black Friday payment processing to post BF payment processing is like comparing watermelons to oranges. ALL US-facing sites have bounced checks from time to time. As best we've been able to ascertain, the failure rate is approximately 1%. All of them, with the exception of Lock Poker, make good when a check bounces. FYI, the checks bouncing are not because the poker sites themselves are broke, it's because the 3rd party payment processor had some sort of account problem.

--

Kahn

Deposited Carbon check with teller yesterday (6/23)... check bounced today.. will call tomorrow to get details

check was deposited yesterday 7/21 by my credit union for 7.67 on a 50.92 deposit. Nobody knows how the fees were calculated and will be calling me back later to tell me the policy. On a sidenote, I started a new bank account with a much bigger bank yesterday, so hopefully my luck will change.

Checks are no longer free once per month. You get ONE free check per year and every other has a 3% fee.

well that blows in my case none of the fees were on carbon's end.. they were all assessed by my credit union.. the gift card seems like the way to go though given the options