***Official OT MMCC/Global Warming Thread***

so to get my bearings, you don't believe that humans and all their stuff don't effect climate?

ncj at least believes that if we are (i think he thinks we prob are) that there is nothing to be done about it.

I don't know. We don't have enough scientific evidence to support it one way or the other

The only thing we can say is the earth is warming or at least it was since the end of the little ice age

No reliable record.

norcaljeff    2

so to get my bearings, you don't believe that humans and all their stuff don't effect climate?

ncj at least believes that if we are (i think he thinks we prob are) that there is nothing to be done about it.

yup. lol @ math deniers. lol at paying rich people to buy electric cars. lol @ all this garbage spending for no reason

rtt: I mean, if it was any other science or econ or, well anything, and the computer models were all consistently wrong, for years, wouldn't someone say maybe there's a problem with the models? It just seems bizarre to me

oh, and i'm not saying it's not happening, I'm just lolling @ the goofs that think the us is somehow gonna stop it. the us is one of the only ones who have cut co2 emissions iirc, and we've done it with natural gas. and the crybabies worried about 20 foot sea rises (lol) are against nuclear. Couldn't be a bigger group of retards. But keep listening to people flying in private jets to climate conferences telling you to use a clothesline lol.

fucking morans everywhere

money for research only or gtfo, build nuke plants or gtfo, stop being hypocrites or gtfo. this shit ain't hard to understand

seems odd people like hank won't address these points. and I thought sciency people understood math

Guest Hank H1LL   

Guest Hank H1LL

seems odd people like hank won't address these points. and I thought sciency people understood math

rtt: I mean, if it was any other science or econ or, well anything, and the computer models were all consistently wrong, for years, wouldn't someone say maybe there's a problem with the models? It just seems bizarre to me

oh, and i'm not saying it's not happening, I'm just lolling @ the goofs that think the us is somehow gonna stop it. the us is one of the only ones who have cut co2 emissions iirc, and we've done it with natural gas. and the crybabies worried about 20 foot sea rises (lol) are against nuclear. Couldn't be a bigger group of retards. But keep listening to people flying in private jets to climate conferences telling you to use a clothesline lol.

fucking morans everywhere

money for research only or gtfo, build nuke plants or gtfo, stop being hypocrites or gtfo. this shit ain't hard to understand

already replied to the first paragraph.

second paragraph, you furiously combat positions no one is putting forward. oh, and a totally incorrect statement about the US being the only country to cut emissions. something about sea level rise with imaginary figures. private jets, hypocrites, blah blah blah. people who disagree with you are retards. got it.

people who disagree with you are fucking morons. got it.

you like research and nuclear power. good. me too.

Guest Hank H1LL   

Guest Hank H1LL
rtt

194247_5_.jpg

20150107_202631_.jpg

seems odd you completely ignored my post about this exact thing two pages ago.

Carbon dioxide emissions from fossil-fuel use in China have grown dramatically in the past few decades, yet it emerges that the country's relative contribution to global climate change has remained surprisingly constant.

CdvpllJWAAEpp_z.jpg

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v531/n7594/full/531310a.html

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v531/n7594/full/nature17165.html

AmSlim22    0

yup. lol @ math deniers. lol at paying rich people to buy electric cars. lol @ all this garbage spending for no reason

i do think we are prob near a point where we will struggle to reverse or stop any effects, and some $ is going to be wasted, but at the same time i think we are really treating our planet very poorly and if we don't become more aware of a lot of things, future generations will look back at us and think we were very ignorant and selfish.

not quite sure what the answer is and nobody would listen to it anyway, especially people in our country. bc trucks and stuff.

AmSlim22    0

Inventing models that are off by 100% is no substitute for accurate measurements

i kinda think that is a little bit how science works. you create a model and learn and then create new models based on new info and tech and stuff.

Guest Hank H1LL   

Guest Hank H1LL
No you don't you like higher taxes and sanctions on our energy

we get it. you don't read my posts. you operate on feels.

norcaljeff    2

lol oh yeah, I forgot how china's pollution is cutting mmcc. good shit

i kinda think that is a little bit how science works. you create a model and learn and then create new models based on new info and tech and stuff.

if all your models were consistently wrong for years, would you question your models?

norcaljeff    2

Exponents of global warming have struggled to explain why temperatures have declined in recent years instead of rising in line with the significant increase in greenhouse gas emissions.

Researchers now claim that sulphur emissions from power plants in China are blocking sunlight and having a cooling effect on the atmosphere, cancelling out the effect of global warming.

The impact of the sulphur emissions has combined with a cooler stage of the sun's cycle and a change from the El Nino to the La Nina weather system in the South Atlantic has kept temperatures artificially low, the experts argued.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/environment/climatechange/8616213/Man-made-climate-change-evidence-hidden-by-sulphur-emissions.html

thanks, china

maybe we should pollute more to help the world

Exponents of global warming have struggled to explain why temperatures have declined in recent years instead of rising in line with the significant increase in greenhouse gas emissions.

Researchers now claim that sulphur emissions from power plants in China are blocking sunlight and having a cooling effect on the atmosphere, cancelling out the effect of global warming.

The impact of the sulphur emissions has combined with a cooler stage of the sun's cycle and a change from the El Nino to the La Nina weather system in the South Atlantic has kept temperatures artificially low, the experts argued.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/environment/climatechange/8616213/Man-made-climate-change-evidence-hidden-by-sulphur-emissions.html

thanks, china

maybe we should pollute more to help the world

Start smashing those solar panels

norcaljeff    2

should scientists not create any models until they know exactly how to create the perfect one?

No, but let's not make policy decisions to appease a liberal slant based on faulty models

giphy.gif

Guest Hank H1LL   

Guest Hank H1LL

wait, 2015 was the warmest year on record, right? is the pause over? or...

wait, 2015 was the warmest year on record, right? is the pause over? or...

Lol

No it wasn't

That's what happens when the media takes something and runs with it

Yep it was the warmest on record by .6 degrees + or minus 1 degree

Lol

Guest Hank H1LL   

Guest Hank H1LL
Lol

No it wasn't

get this, guys. Richard just made that up!

Earth’s 2015 surface temperatures were the warmest since modern record keeping began in 1880, according to independent analyses by NASA and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).

Globally-averaged temperatures in 2015 shattered the previous mark set in 2014 by 0.23 degrees Fahrenheit (0.13 Celsius). Only once before, in 1998, has the new record been greater than the old record by this much

http://www.nasa.gov/press-release/nasa-noaa-analyses-reveal-record-shattering-global-warm-temperatures-in-2015

Guest Hank H1LL   

Guest Hank H1LL

sorry you haven't updated your talking points since 2014, Rich. the global warming hiatus thing is stale now. you'll need to replace it.

Lol

Do you even know wtf you are talking about?

Modern record keeping. Since 1880. .13 degrees. Do you know how the temp record was obtained up until the 70s and 80s ? So your going to say it's the warmest on record by .13 or what ever. Lol

Guest Hank H1LL   

Guest Hank H1LL
Lol

Do you even know wtf you are talking about?

Modern record keeping. Since 1880. .13 degrees. Do you know how the temp record was obtained up until the 70s and 80s ? So your going to say it's the warmest on record by .13 or what ever. Lol

Lol

I literally said, "wait, 2015 was the warmest year on record, right?" you are too much.

Lol

Lol