***Official OT MMCC/Global Warming Thread***

Guest Hank H1LL   

Guest Hank H1LL
I'll take this as your concession that you were doing what you are accusing others on the wrong side of doing.

I'll take this to mean you don't realize you were imagining my "absolute claims." pretty funny when you marched in here to call me misinformed, quoted a year-old article like you were educating me, and then told me what I know about margin of error.

ginwilly    0

what is there to discuss besides what to do about it? srs q

I'll preface my opinion by mentioning recent acts of "we've got to do SOMETHING! by the people would make the CC policy"

Iraq War

Patriot Act

Dodd-Frank

Stimulus

Obamacare

I'd rather we did nothing than the wrong thing.

Guest Hank H1LL   

Guest Hank H1LL
it's a reasonable figure based on what?

which models have been right? or even close? how's the sea level where you live?

I've actually posted different models vs. actual measurements in this thread. I'm not gonna dig through it to show you. I know it won't matter, because well, this conversation. just do you.

oh, you meant all time? might be a good idea to say so and not just applesoranges

thanks. I'll keep it in mind.

ginwilly    0

you and me both. "we didn't do anything to make things worse" would be the best campaign slogan ever

Vote for me! I haven't fucked anything up yet!

that would actually be funny.

norcaljeff    2

I've actually posted different models vs. actual measurements in this thread. I'm not gonna dig through it to show you. I know it won't matter, because well, this conversation. just do you.

thanks. I'll keep it in mind.

went back like 6-7 pages, only chart I saw was mine showing china's co2 explosion and your chart showing how it wasn't so bad bc of all the polution china emits. ps lol

I found a few, not sure if accurate but I tried to avoid the wattsup type places

article-2420783-1BD2956A000005DC-553_634x376.jpg

EG-AD687A_McNid_D_20140220095703.jpg

Guest Hank H1LL   

Guest Hank H1LL

pro-tip: if there's a political message on the graph it's not a good source. 6-7 pages lol at least you tried.

ps lol

lol what? are you a sulfate denier now? it doesn't mean China isn't doing some horrible things to the environment. that's just you and a strawman.

norcaljeff    2

pro-tip: if there's a political message on the graph it's not a good source. 6-7 pages lol at least you tried.

lol what? are you a sulfate denier now? it doesn't mean China isn't doing some horrible things to the environment. that's just you and a strawman.

Lol hang on while i search 168 pages for some shit you obv have at your fingertips...

What's a strawman? I point out that china's co2 dwarfs everything, you say but they pollute so much it sorta evens out. Is that an argument that's supposed to mean something?

Guest Hank H1LL   

Guest Hank H1LL
Lol hang on while i search 168 pages for some shit you obv have at your fingertips...

?? no I really don't. there are probably some screenshots buried in my imgur but I'm oi. post what you want.

What's a strawman? I point out that china's co2 dwarfs everything, you say but they pollute so much it sorta evens out. Is that an argument that's supposed to mean something?

that's fine. I wouldn't say 'dwarfs' but it's a problem for sure.

global-ghg-emissions-figure3-2014.png

https://www3.epa.gov/climatechange/science/indicators/ghg/global-ghg-emissions.html

I changed my mind we should give the 120 billion to the American Indians, reparations. But they have to apologies for what the did to Custer

not a bad idea. the Natives were great environmentalists. beats spending it on war.

?? no I really don't. there are probably some screenshots buried in my imgur but I'm oi. post what you want.

that's fine. I wouldn't say 'dwarfs' but it's a problem for sure.

global-ghg-emissions-figure3-2014.png

https://www3.epa.gov/climatechange/science/indicators/ghg/global-ghg-emissions.html

not a bad idea. the Natives were great environmentalists. beats spending it on war.

The idea for defense spending is so you don't go to war.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Guest Hank H1LL   

Guest Hank H1LL

we actually went there when I was a kid, probably 1995 or so. it was nowhere near complete but not sure how it compares to today. very cool. there's only a few things like that that will be around in a few thousand years if we blow ourselves up back into the stone age.

Guest Hank H1LL   

Guest Hank H1LL
The idea for defense spending is so you don't go to war.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

that sounds nice but it's a few decades outdated. I would prefer an isolationist strategy with a big military vs. what we have now.

Guest Hank H1LL   

Guest Hank H1LL

um yea, as it applies to our world. we don't live in 20 BC. and lol at Roman quotes about isolationism. that's rich.

um yea, as it applies to our world. we don't live in 20 BC. and lol at Roman quotes about isolationism. that's rich.

The strong don't get attacked. But the weak do it's been that way for 1000s of years and hasn't changed

Guest Hank H1LL   

Guest Hank H1LL

but it has changed. globalization and technology are doing that. you sound more like the Ottoman Empire than the Roman one.

but it has changed. globalization and technology are doing that. you sound more like the Ottoman Empire than the Roman one.

No it hasn't changed you're just looking at it differently

Sorry but unilateral disarmament will only get you killed

Guest Hank H1LL   

Guest Hank H1LL

I'm not being a disarmament hippie though. but whatever. save it for one of the other retarded threads.

AmSlim22    0

The strong don't get attacked. But the weak do it's been that way for 1000s of years and hasn't changed

No it hasn't changed you're just looking at it differently

Sorry but unilateral disarmament will only get you killed

what makes you still believe that the strong don't get attacked?

who has come anywhere even close to suggesting unilateral disarmament?

what makes you still believe that the strong don't get attacked?

who has come anywhere even close to suggesting unilateral disarmament?

Hanks parents had a "You can't hug your children with Nuclear arms" bumper sticker when he was a child. It made a lasting impression. Now he wants to trade our defense spending for clean energy research and make us live like the Indians. Ironically, the Chinese will take our country over and start shipping jobs back here, because they will have cheap coal. LA will have smog again. Zepp will move back to Mexico. Face it the liberal vision for America sucks.

They will burn so much coal that the earth will start to cool and all the invaders will freeze to death, but we will survive in our igloos.