advertisement_alt
AJyowler

Carbon OPS competition

Gathering interest early.. I'm thinking we'll count top 10 scores (using pocket 5 points).. I'm thinking of counting all ops tourneys this time around (all buyins count), but if there is enough interest I don't mind doing 2 tiers (high buyins and low).. Maybe 100 buyin for the higher tier and 25 for the lower? Let me know what you think.. I think low would include all tourneys up to 33 shootouts and 5r...

Is it going to be like $200-$500 buy in to pool for high?

probably not unless the majority want this.. Trying to keep it around 100 to get as many entries as possible. You can always crossbook on the side with other ballers for more action ;)

Here's what it is looking like so far... I'm thinking of bumping up the entry cost to 150 for high and 50 for low.. thoughts?

High (100$ per entry) winner takes all 400$

Amoney13

MTT_Grinder

Worm1120

Waynep1321

Low (25$ per entry) winner takes all 200$

Amoney13

Otang4prez

tvpokerfan

AJyowler

Worm1120

Suno23

Muckdat

Deep33

I would offer the following suggestions for the contest:

1. Top 5 scores count, according to P5's points. As the contests ran back in the day. This allows a more level playing field for those that will play high volume during the series and those who won't. Having standings that accumulate TOTAL cashes or TOTAL P5's points is less than ideal imo. It is also important to note that many of us have been limited to 4 table maxes on Carbon. That's not a major concern except for Sundays, when the events run together. However, in general, it is a small part of the "lower volume" argument in general, which probably affects several players.

2. I would suggest (for both pools) that if there are 5 players or less then you do a winner take all. 6-10 players pay 1st and 2nd (80/20), and 11 or more pay 1st, 2nd, and 3rd (50/30/20).

If I do play in the contest I would be in for high, and would possibly be in for the low bracket also. I'm indifferent to the entry fees, and majority can rule on that for all I care. If I play in the contest I'll post in this thread when I know for sure.

Again, just a few suggestions, which you guys are welcome to take or leave. Thanks to AJ for running the contest, and as always good luck out there.

Dog

Here's what it is looking like so far... I'm thinking of bumping up the entry cost to 150 for high and 50 for low.. thoughts?

High (100$ per entry) winner takes all 400$

Amoney13

MTT_Grinder

Worm1120

Waynep1321

Low (25$ per entry) winner takes all 200$

Amoney13

Otang4prez

tvpokerfan

AJyowler

Worm1120

Suno23

Muckdat

Deep33

Yeah, think about it... There are $215 & $530 re-entry tournaments... The people in the high are obviously expecting to play all of those and if they are willing to play those I'm sure they are willing to put up an extra buy in to have a sweat in this pool.

Just to reiterate it is only gonna be the top 5 scores according to pocket 5 points that count.. I've upped the buyin for the high to 150 (all scores count).. Low tier buyin will be 50 (all scores count up to 33 shootout and 11r)... So far

High (150$ per entry) winner takes all 750$ extra 250$ in maybes lol

Amoney13

MTT_Grinder

Worm1120

Waynep1321

harpoon

jakz101poker (maybe)

icurazedmybb (maybe)

Low (50$ per entry) winner takes all 1st gets 300 2nd gets 100 3rd gets 50

Amoney13

Otang4prez

tvpokerfan

AJyowler

Worm1120

Suno23

Muckdat

Deep33

Harpoon

Just to reiterate it is only gonna be the top 5 scores according to pocket 5 points that count.. I've upped the buyin for the high to 150 (all scores count).. Low tier buyin will be 50 (all scores count up to 33 shootout and 11r)... So far

High (150$ per entry) winner takes all 750$ extra 250$ in maybes lol

Amoney13

MTT_Grinder

Worm1120

Waynep1321

harpoon

jakz101poker (maybe)

icurazedmybb (maybe)

Low (50$ per entry) winner takes all 1st gets 300 2nd gets 100 3rd gets 50

Amoney13

Otang4prez

tvpokerfan

AJyowler

Worm1120

Suno23

Muckdat

Deep33

Harpoon

IF it's only 150 I'm a strong maybe... just want to see if the prize pool is big enough to care about before I'm 100% committed