StrugLife

Too lazy to watch training videos

Question

I used to love watching training videos, I would watch them for hours on end, or spend ten plus hours per week watching them. For the past year I have watched few training videos, I have been improving in other ways that I had not experienced before, and training videos just didn't appeal to me as much. Unfortunately it has really been costing me I think, while I'm getting better with routine as it stands, I feel it could be so much more. How can i spark my interest back with training videos? I think if i can get back into the routine I should be able to improve drastically.

I am trying to put in a ridiculous number of tournaments this year, currently I'm ranked 2nd for volume in schedualed tournaments on Full Tilt. I just finished a twenty four hour session, and I plan on some very long sessions in the near future, however I went a bit overboard on this one. I'm still experimenting with what I can handle i suppose. Another problem is that I'm finding it hard to see how I can manage to study/play enough poker, and still live a balanced life style. I'm looking for some feedback from people who tackled the issues surrounding being able to grind/study enough and not be neglecting other important aspects of my life.

6 answers to this question

Change training sites? Watch a different format (theory, live sweat, HH review, etc)? Take half a day/full day off from poker to study? Watch half now and half later? I used to turn on the TV when I got up and had my coffee but most of the time now I watch a video. It helps me get in the poker mindset for the day and helps me get motivated for the grind.

If you can put in 20hrs playing whats an hour watching videos? May be kind of hard to find balance if you're playing a lot of marathon sessions like that.

do you guys find the live sweat videos helpful? i haven't seen a large percentage of them, but the few i have seen (TPE, GRIP) were generally pretty info dead---more like, 'ok, here i have AA, raise, oh the button 3bet all in call. nice double up".

idk, i guess i was expecting either some detailed breakdown of plays or of hands, or some discussion of theory. maybe i've just had a bad sample though.

do you guys find the live sweat videos helpful? i haven't seen a large percentage of them, but the few i have seen (TPE, GRIP) were generally pretty info dead---more like, 'ok, here i have AA, raise, oh the button 3bet all in call. nice double up".

idk, i guess i was expecting either some detailed breakdown of plays or of hands, or some discussion of theory. maybe i've just had a bad sample though.

Yeah thats how I have found a lot of live sweat videos. I saw one good one on TPE by gingerone45, and i saw a few good ones on RIO. IMO replay ones are better because they basically just skip all the pointless hands where nothing happens which is a lot of the time.