advertisement_alt
Billyth3kid

Scammed on 888 and Skype - Had my 888 Account frozen

ACCOUNT BLOCKED DUE TO SCAMMER ON SKYPE

Hello I play on 888 poker as MR_LITHUANIA. I also play on pokerstars as Hustlahux. As of yesterday I learnt my 888 poker account has been frozen when I tried to log on for the Sunday grind. I checked my emails to read the following message and be told my account is being looked into because of some suspicious transfers.

Dear Liam,

This is the Operations Team at 888poker and we are contacting you with regards to your account with username "MR_LITHUANIA".

Liam, your account is under investigation due to suspicious activity through the money transfer option. This may refer to accounts that you have either sent money too, or received funds from, and we will require your assistance to investigate this activity. During our investigation your account will remain suspended and no withdrawals will be paid.

If you have any information that would assist us with our investigation, please do not hesitate to contact us.

We take these matters extremely seriously and thank you for your co-operation and understanding.

Regards,

Operation Team

operations@cassava.net

Then it clicks. On Thursday someone on my Skype who I had only spoken to a handful of times previously messaged me to ask if i could help them out. This person added me randomly in December and just seemed to want to chit chat which I humored slightly. He would always ask a lot of questions like where and what I play and how high, the usual questions. It is certainly worth mentioning that somewhere between first speaking to me in December but before the start of this scam attempt he changed his name on skype from "Mindcrushers" to simply Nate. Mindcrushers is a player I have come accross many times on 888 poker and I am confident it is him we are speaking to.

Then on Thursday he messages me to inform me that a "friend" of his has sent me $200 on 888 and would like $200 returned on stars if I could do it. Apart from finding this strange that someone would just send me money without asking if I had money on stars or even knowing I was legit I didn't think this was a scam or anything dodgy. I didnt however have much $ on pokerstars so I said "sorry mate but I will return it" All of this can be shown in the Skype screenshots starting here http://imgur.com/a/4ivHJ#0

So I returned the money and informed him of this. Then he became quite desperate and suggest that if I can send some stars $ now his friend rangersfan46 can top me up with some stars $ later as he is just waiting for a topup. I dont know the guy and need it myself so I tell him no and that I have returned the money to the 888 account acesnkings I believe (I cannot check as 888 is locked)

The next day he messages me again and the story has changed to a typical case of "if its too good to be true it probably is" and he says I can trade $300 888 for $200 stars. I tell him no and that im still low. More and more desperation and he asks if any friends on skype have $ to trade and I just ignore him now. (again all this can be shown in the screenshots here) http://imgur.com/a/4ivHJ#0

Then yesterday when I try to log on 888 for the sunday grind I cannot logon. An hour or so later the culprit logs on and I message him (this can be seen beginning in screenshot 4) At this point we both continue to argue about the incident. Before too long he begins to being up the $200 on stars again and demands that I send $200 to rangersfan46 on stars otherwise he will apparently inform 888 poker that he has screenshots of illegal transfers. I did not understand this threat because as you can see from the screenshots all I did was return $200 to a player on 888 poker named acesnkings

It is at this point where a few things click. It seems quite obvious to me that Nate on skype, acesnkings on 888, rangersfan46 on stars and mindcrushers on 888 are all the same person and what appears to be happening here is this. On the acesnkings account we have some 'dirty money' that has been obtained in some way. Such as making a fake name to get some free promo money and then spinning it up. They want me to trade this dirty money for some of my clean stars money and send to the username rangersfan46. I put to you that rangersfan46, acesnkings, mindcrushers and the person we speak on skype are all the same person.

Another key point on screenshot 13 is where he begins to suggets that we need to conspire together to "get our stories straight" I tell him that I dont need to get anything straight and I will tell 888 poker the truth and everything that has happened. He then uses this email again to try and scare monger me into thinking if i send rangersfan46 $200 on stars he will make the problem go away, which clearly would not happen, proving again this is all a big scam to try and get me to send him $200 on stars.

So it is because of all of this my account is currently locked on 888. I am essentially banned at the moment because somebody has sent me funds and I have returned them! I have replied to the email from 888 yesterday evening with all the screenshots but I am still waiting for a reply. If you play MTT poker on 888 you will know I am a long term reg on that site and I really dont expect to be treated like this. I know at 888 poker you will say give us time to investigate but without some pushing id probably be waiting forever. My livelihood is being threatened here due to no wrongdoing and I also have money on the site so this is very worrying for me. It has been 24 hours since I sent the email and would take an hour max to read through the email, screenshots and check up on transfer history and conclude I am the victim of some horrible low life scammer. You would think potential scams and things like this would be a priority for your support team. Is this what is going to happen, you can get banned because sends you funds without even asking?

So if anyone has any information on the mentioned players and also if anyone has had anything similar happen to them, or advice for me it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Liam

Mod Note: Posted on page 2, "I would ike to add that after some further studying of the situation. It has became obvious that the scammer has used mincdcrushers as a scapegoat and used his sn for his skype sn to try and sabotage his name and also using the common tactic of using a regs name to gain trust.

If a mod could pin this to the top of the thread or something that would be great as I dont want his name to be tarnished. He is innocent and the thrown into this nonsense as had I

ACCOUNT BLOCKED DUE TO SCAMMER ON SKYPE

Hello I play on 888 poker as MR_LITHUANIA. I also play on pokerstars as Hustlahux. As of yesterday I learnt my 888 poker account has been frozen when I tried to log on for the Sunday grind. I checked my emails to read the following message and be told my account is being looked into because of some suspicious transfers.

Dear Liam,

This is the Operations Team at 888poker and we are contacting you with regards to your account with username "MR_LITHUANIA".

Liam, your account is under investigation due to suspicious activity through the money transfer option. This may refer to accounts that you have either sent money too, or received funds from, and we will require your assistance to investigate this activity. During our investigation your account will remain suspended and no withdrawals will be paid.

If you have any information that would assist us with our investigation, please do not hesitate to contact us.

We take these matters extremely seriously and thank you for your co-operation and understanding.

Regards,

Operation Team

operations@cassava.net

Then it clicks. On Thursday someone on my Skype who I had only spoken to a handful of times previously messaged me to ask if i could help them out. This person added me randomly in December and just seemed to want to chit chat which I humored slightly. He would always ask a lot of questions like where and what I play and how high, the usual questions. It is certainly worth mentioning that somewhere between first speaking to me in December but before the start of this scam attempt he changed his name on skype from "Mindcrushers" to simply Nate. Mindcrushers is a player I have come accross many times on 888 poker and I am confident it is him we are speaking to.

Then on Thursday he messages me to inform me that a "friend" of his has sent me $200 on 888 and would like $200 returned on stars if I could do it. Apart from finding this strange that someone would just send me money without asking if I had money on stars or even knowing I was legit I didn't think this was a scam or anything dodgy. I didnt however have much $ on pokerstars so I said "sorry mate but I will return it" All of this can be shown in the Skype screenshots starting here http://imgur.com/a/4ivHJ#0

So I returned the money and informed him of this. Then he became quite desperate and suggest that if I can send some stars $ now his friend rangersfan46 can top me up with some stars $ later as he is just waiting for a topup. I dont know the guy and need it myself so I tell him no and that I have returned the money to the 888 account acesnkings I believe (I cannot check as 888 is locked)

The next day he messages me again and the story has changed to a typical case of "if its too good to be true it probably is" and he says I can trade $300 888 for $200 stars. I tell him no and that im still low. More and more desperation and he asks if any friends on skype have $ to trade and I just ignore him now. (again all this can be shown in the screenshots here) http://imgur.com/a/4ivHJ#0

Then yesterday when I try to log on 888 for the sunday grind I cannot logon. An hour or so later the culprit logs on and I message him (this can be seen beginning in screenshot 4) At this point we both continue to argue about the incident. Before too long he begins to being up the $200 on stars again and demands that I send $200 to rangersfan46 on stars otherwise he will apparently inform 888 poker that he has screenshots of illegal transfers. I did not understand this threat because as you can see from the screenshots all I did was return $200 to a player on 888 poker named acesnkings

It is at this point where a few things click. It seems quite obvious to me that Nate on skype, acesnkings on 888, rangersfan46 on stars and mindcrushers on 888 are all the same person and what appears to be happening here is this. On the acesnkings account we have some 'dirty money' that has been obtained in some way. Such as making a fake name to get some free promo money and then spinning it up. They want me to trade this dirty money for some of my clean stars money and send to the username rangersfan46. I put to you that rangersfan46, acesnkings, mindcrushers and the person we speak on skype are all the same person.

Another key point on screenshot 13 is where he begins to suggets that we need to conspire together to "get our stories straight" I tell him that I dont need to get anything straight and I will tell 888 poker the truth and everything that has happened. He then uses this email again to try and scare monger me into thinking if i send rangersfan46 $200 on stars he will make the problem go away, which clearly would not happen, proving again this is all a big scam to try and get me to send him $200 on stars.

So it is because of all of this my account is currently locked on 888. I am essentially banned at the moment because somebody has sent me funds and I have returned them! I have replied to the email from 888 yesterday evening with all the screenshots but I am still waiting for a reply. If you play MTT poker on 888 you will know I am a long term reg on that site and I really dont expect to be treated like this. I know at 888 poker you will say give us time to investigate but without some pushing id probably be waiting forever. My livelihood is being threatened here due to no wrongdoing and I also have money on the site so this is very worrying for me. It has been 24 hours since I sent the email and would take an hour max to read through the email, screenshots and check up on transfer history and conclude I am the victim of some horrible low life scammer. You would think potential scams and things like this would be a priority for your support team. Is this what is going to happen, you can get banned because sends you funds without even asking?

So if anyone has any information on the mentioned players and also if anyone has had anything similar happen to them, or advice for me it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Liam

This is being dealt with by our operations department..

888 customer support VIA e-mail takes like a week to get a response (Its actually an embarrassment). You need to call them, which is actually a super sweet feature, especially for Canadians since its toll free.

Also;

If you play MTT poker on 888 you will know I am a long term reg on that site and I really dont expect to be treated like this.

This.

888 needs to respect the uber regs more IMO.

Not being a tit and getting involved in strange skype conversations never mind account/money transfers with people you dont actually know might have helped here? lesson surely learned absolute fool to find yourself stung in a tricky situation like this in the 1st place " I shakes my head"

Why dont you read the post before giving me your retarded opinion you clown. I didnt say I would trade. I log on and hes already sent me funds without my permission. Then what choice do I have? Shipping back? Sending stars? or being an actual bad guy and just keeping it. Yeah maybe if anyone sends me money again without asking I'll just keep it

To everyone else who isnt a muppet and can read, thank you. I am now back on 888. I wound him up for a bit and told him im still not on and he was like "youre never getting back on etc" Then I shown him a screenshot then he resorted to "im going to fuck your sister etc"

Now im also getting adds from all his scammy mates

So now said scammer is messaging me saying hes going to get someone to send me more "dirty money" to get me banned and also do anything to try and get me banned...

Obviously ive emailed 888 and informed them of this and told them this isnt over for me until the "mindcrushers" account has been looked into and IP addresses have been checked. Mindcrusher is his skype name whom is a reg on 888 poker and was making final tables 2 nights ago. Mindcrushers however could be another victim who he is trying to sabotage by changing his name to that on Skype. I am still waiting for a reply from 888 regarding this and it would be appreciated if this could be escalated please 888 rep

Ya 888 bans accounts for no reason. Last year during my fiasco they tweeted at me something to the effect that they can ban an account at any time for any reason...

888 is the worst.

^ This

Its for that reason I was so worried when this happened. Despite having the skype screenshots i wasnt wholly confident in what would happen

Ya 888 bans accounts for no reason. Last year during my fiasco they tweeted at me something to the effect that they can ban an account at any time for any reason

This makes me somewhat apprehensive about continuing with my play at 888, I hadn't heard of this fuckery until now.

From what I have experienced so far during my communications has left me with very little credence with respect to their customer support agenda.

I think 888 would benefit a lot by emulating FTP/PS customer support/software models.

So now said scammer is messaging me saying hes going to get someone to send me more "dirty money" to get me banned and also do anything to try and get me banned...

Obviously ive emailed 888 and informed them of this and told them this isnt over for me until the "mindcrushers" account has been looked into and IP addresses have been checked. Mindcrusher is his skype name whom is a reg on 888 poker and was making final tables 2 nights ago. Mindcrushers however could be another victim who he is trying to sabotage by changing his name to that on Skype. I am still waiting for a reply from 888 regarding this and it would be appreciated if this could be escalated please 888 rep

Liam, you should set-up your Skype that the only people that can chat with you are those you have accepted as friends. Immediately block this clown.

Good luck!

This has been escalated to our Operations department and you will be contacted in due course.

888Rep

This makes me somewhat apprehensive about continuing with my play at 888, I hadn't heard of this fuckery until now.

From what I have experienced so far during my communications has left me with very little credence with respect to their customer support agenda.

I think 888 would benefit a lot by emulating FTP/PS customer support/software models.

DRAMA QUEEN...888 wants more rec friendly games thus banning winning households of mid-high stake mtters is a good thing for the rest of the mtt fields...DUH

DRAMA QUEEN...888 wants more rec friendly games thus banning winning households of mid-high stake mtters is a good thing for the rest of the mtt fields...DUH

It is horrible for any site to just ban players for the sole purpose that they are winners. We all strive to be the top, and if this is the reason they have done it, it basically tells us if you become the best of your game we don't want you. However, it is my guess that they don't want American ex-pats due to potential licensing issues in the US, since it seems each and every one of these players are American.

That being said, the worst part of this is not one of the 20 or so players that were affected (maybe more), were told why this happened. While this is certainly in 888poker's rights, it is completely disrespectful to some of the best online and live poker players in the world to do this. I think most of these players would be happy to move on if they knew the reason (especially if the reason was we don't want to risk having high profile ex-pats on our site since we don't want this to be shoved back in our faces when we apply for another license when online gaming is regulated in another state). I hope 888poker changes its stance and either lets these players back on its network or at least provide each and every one with them with some respect to tell them why this happened rather than saying we can do what we want.

It is horrible for any site to just ban players for the sole purpose that they are winners. We all strive to be the top, and if this is the reason they have done it, it basically tells us if you become the best of your game we don't want you. However, it is my guess that they don't want American ex-pats due to potential licensing issues in the US, since it seems each and every one of these players are American.

That being said, the worst part of this is not one of the 20 or so players that were affected (maybe more), were told why this happened. While this is certainly in 888poker's rights, it is completely disrespectful to some of the best online and live poker players in the world to do this. I think most of these players would be happy to move on if they knew the reason (especially if the reason was we don't want to risk having high profile ex-pats on our site since we don't want this to be shoved back in our faces when we apply for another license when online gaming is regulated in another state). I hope 888poker changes its stance and either lets these players back on its network or at least provide each and every one with them with some respect to tell them why this happened rather than saying we can do what we want.

I agree with this although olp sites are all about being REC FRIENDLY these days

STILL no response to the following follow up email

Hello

Okay first of all thank you for studying my report and screenshots and I am happy you have come to the conclusion that I am clearly innocent here. However for me it does not end here. As I explained in my report somewhere between first speaking to me but before the scam started "Nate" for the skype screenshots changed his name from "Mindcrushers" Mindcrushers is a regular 888 player whom I believe is the same person, and he uses the "acesnkings" account for the sake of these scams. I would like you to check the i.p addresses of these 2 users to find out if they are the same person. If they are which I strongly believe they are, both accounts Im sure you agree should be banned.

Also upon logging on today I was greeted with a barage of abuse and threats from this same skype user who has now very foolishly changed his name back to "Mindcrushers" and therefore it is very important you investigate this. As he was threatening and abusing me and telling me I will never be back on 888, I could not resist but to tell him I was back. He then proceeded to inform me he is going to do anything he can to try and get me banned. He even said he is going to get somebody to send me some dirty money again! I cannot prevent people from sending me money! So how are you going to prevent this from happening again and be getting banned again. You cannot just go banning people constantly for receiving funds they cannot avoid. I have included screenshots of these threats and also proof his name is now "mindcrushers"

So in response to this email I would like to know how you are going to stop him from sabotaging me, or getting someone else to my sending me funds. Also I would like the username "mindcrushers" investigated as I strongly believe him and the gulity culprit "acesnkingsak" are the same person

Thank You

I have recently however scrolled up the conversation with this person on skype, upon reading some of the chit chat from when he was just trying to get friendly with me, a certain message jogged my memory that his name on skype was previously "Jimma" Jimma is a winning reg on 888 and I really doubt it me, but now seems very possible that this scumbog may be trying to sabotage both Jimma and Mindcrushers

and again STILL NO FOLLOW UP FROM 888, this email was sent on the 10th of febuary! 888rep can you follow this up please!