Mayweather vs Pacman is going to happen

SpankyHamm    335

Rachel Nichols extended comment:

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sm1ksb

(I'm including the whole text because I don't believe tweets are considered copyrightable).

Have had a bunch of folks asking questions about the Mayweather issue. Here's what happened: After asking tough questions of Floyd Mayweather on my program, I was not offered press credentials to cover tonight's fight. In an email dated April 23, I was told I would only be credentialed for the run-up events through the week, but in bold, italic letters the email stated "you do not have any access Saturday to any services or events." A CNN producer revisited the issue with the Mayweather camp on April 29, confirming to Mayweather's publicist that I would be in Las Vegas, and the publicist replied that I would still be denied a fight night credential. I was told the same thing when I arrived at the credential office in person on May 1, by two separate officials, in front of several other people. It doesn't surprise me that now, after facing significant backlash, the Mayweather camp has reversed its position. But despite this, and other outside parties generously offering me their seats, I will not attend the fight. I will also not let fear of retaliation prevent me from asking the tough questions the public deserves answers to in the future.

El Guapo    0

Have had a bunch of folks asking questions about the Mayweather issue. Here's what happened: After asking tough questions of Floyd Mayweather on my program, I was not offered press credentials to cover tonight's fight. In an email dated April 23, I was told I would only be credentialed for the run-up events through the week, but in bold, italic letters the email stated "you do not have any access Saturday to any services or events." A CNN producer revisited the issue with the Mayweather camp on April 29, confirming to Mayweather's publicist that I would be in Las Vegas, and the publicist replied that I would still be denied a fight night credential. I was told the same thing when I arrived at the credential office in person on May 1, by two separate officials, in front of several other people. It doesn't surprise me that now, after facing significant backlash, the Mayweather camp has reversed its position. But despite this, and other outside parties generously offering me their seats, I will not attend the fight. I will also not let fear of retaliation prevent me from asking the tough questions the public deserves answers to in the future.

Peter g.

"OMG WHO THE HELL CAAAAAAAAAAAAARESSSSS!

El Guapo    0

ok now you guys are just making shit up.

lol, I provided a link to countdown, serious not joking this time.

Guest Hank H1LL   

Guest Hank H1LL

I think I read somewhere they wouldn't start the main event until Game 7 ends, so hopefully that happens.

kowboy8686    244

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sm1ksb

(I'm including the whole text because I don't believe tweets are considered copyrightable).

heres a tough question.......dear rachel do you think they will cancel the fight because youre not there? take your time sweetie.....

Dyzalot    89

Yeah, let's criticize one of the few reporters willing to ask tough questions of Mayweather.

skisteve    0

Wah. Like i have sympathy for espn. Tough shit. They will still report about it. Maybe they should promote the fight themselves.

Dyzalot    89

Wah. Like i have sympathy for espn. Tough shit. They will still report about it. Maybe they should promote the fight themselves.

But do you have sympathy for CNN?