advertisement_alt
Macho2701

Questions,Concerns and suggestions for ACR Rep

yes late registration is way too long.

+1 Want to know why it took 7 hours to get to the money in Sundays MTT?? Because they had re-entry for 5 hours! This adds an entire new realm to the word variance. They really should IMHO change the name of the game because this is pretty near to not even being poker.

we wouldnt have a $16 $25k without late reg guys

I'm not looking at the structure atm but there probably is a few things that can be done to keep a big GTD. Make levels 12 minutes and have 4 hours of late reg. Was it a 10k starting stack tourney, if that was the case make it 8k starting stack. A few things like that could be really helpful.

This was brought up to me by a few people, and I strongly think it will help with traffic.

The $1.10 and $3.30 On Demand turbos need 12 players pre-registered to start, and from what I have noticed, these rarely run.

On the other hand, the $5.50 on demands only need 6 players pre-registered to start, and these run pretty often.

Why not have the $1.10 and $3.30 On Demand turbos changed so they only need 6 players pre-registered to start? It will get more traffic at the microstakes and makes a lot more sense than having 12 players registered just to run.

Trent, not sure if you got any answer on this, but I spoke with Dan (Tournament director) weeks ago regarding this very situation and he informed me that the he has brought it up himself to Phil and the other top tier management and they are opposed to changing them to 6 mans.

He did not have a reason as to why, but that it wasn't going to change at this point in time.

Well, now you don't.

Now its a $22.00 $25K.

Hopefully its sustainable. The structure looks a little better for all parties as well. It still has the 5 hours of late reg. Since the levels are 12 minutes now I think you can cut it down to 4 hours and you'll about have the same amount of people bust out. My suggestion of WPN on that is if it goes good this week maybe cut the late reg down a couple levels and see how it does the next week and continue to do that.

Hopefully its sustainable. The structure looks a little better for all parties as well. It still has the 5 hours of late reg. Since the levels are 12 minutes now I think you can cut it down to 4 hours and you'll about have the same amount of people bust out. My suggestion of WPN on that is if it goes good this week maybe cut the late reg down a couple levels and see how it does the next week and continue to do that.

thank you for the suggestion, I have forwarded it to the tournaments department for its consideration.

Cubed tournaments?

You have one $6 rebuy that starts at 11 AM with 2,000 chips per rebuy and a 4,000 chip add on with 15 minute blinds. Structure is great. Rebuy period is only an hour too which I like. Then you have a 1 PM $6 rebuy with 2,500 chips per rebuy and a 5000 chip add on with 10 minute blinds. It also has 2 hours of late registration. It's ridiculous. You're losing a ton of money from people who never make it to the add on. I've played rebuy tournaments for years and I'd estimate I make it to the add on period a good 90% of the time and that a safe estimate. It's probably easily higher. In this thing I make it like half the time. Plus there's no reason to buy back in late unless you're just a degenerate because the blinds are too high. Why the hell am I gonna buy into a tournament that late when I have like 12 big blinds to start with? You could structure that thing like the 11 AM or the 9 PM $6 rebuys. The structure is too damn fast, especially when you have two hours of late registration. You may get extra people with that extra hour of rebuys but you're losing a ton of add ons with the 10 minute blinds because you're extremely short stacked the last 15-20 minutes of the late registration period. Then if you lose, like I said the blinds are too high to rebuy.

You also overrate how well these two and three hour late registrations help. These people that are buying in super late would be doing the same thing if you just made the late registration reasonable. A lot of people just wait till the last second to register and it wouldn't matter if the late registration was an hour or three hours long. People will just procrastinate buying in because you allow them to. It doesn't help nearly as much as I think you guys think it does. I'm not saying you don't get a few more buy ins. I know you do but at what expense? the structures are a joke and I guarantee if the late registration was reduced you'd get more volume. There's honestly a ton of stuff I just don't play on your site because of it. I'm not dealing with it. It's absurd. I get it, you've gotta get yours but 3 hours of late registration is a joke dude. Lower the freaking guarnatees if that's what it takes.

Can ACR Rep clarify how the wsop jackpot sngs are going to finish. As far as I can tell there have been no 36,000 prizes won yet. The promos stated there would be 2 paid out in time to play the main event. The $3 sngs are dying fast so if we havent generated 1 package by now 2 is not going happen.

Is there an end date to this promo? Will the packages just be paid that day if they havent hit by then? Suppose 2 packages are hit tomorrow will that end the promo?

Anyway to provide an accounting of whats been hit so far and where the pools stand for now?

PS. Great job on taking the suggestion to run the on demands with fewer players to start. Before I had never even seen a $20 run and even $10 were rare. Now i see 10's, 20's and even a few 50's running. The $7 O8B are getting a lot of play also. I hope mgmt takes more of the players suggestions to the felt as this 1 has proven to be a very good idea.

Are the wsop $109/$55 satty mtts and the wsop jackpots going to continue after the wsop is over?

I think it would be a cool thing to keep going.

although I did here that if you win one you get the $12.5k in cash and if you win another you get tourney bucks.

Have not received response from WPN/ACR re my inquiry: PLEASE can WPN keep a players' chat turned off after a player turns off their chat? I play the higher entries hoping to minimize playing with the nasty whiny clueless/classless player. IMO WPN seems to attract them and these mental midgets believe such behavior is positive vs. giving info. that they are exploitable. I note these players as I hope to adjust to play them, then turn off their chat -- AGAIN -- prefer not wasting time and would appreciate WPN fixing this glitch. Thank you.

Have not received response from WPN/ACR re my inquiry: PLEASE can WPN keep a players' chat turned off after a player turns off their chat? I play the higher entries hoping to minimize playing with the nasty whiny clueless/classless player. IMO WPN seems to attract them and these mental midgets believe such behavior is positive vs. giving info. that they are exploitable. I note these players as I hope to adjust to play them, then turn off their chat -- AGAIN -- prefer not wasting time and would appreciate WPN fixing this glitch. Thank you.

+1

You know that you can turn your chat off for good by doing this :

options>>general>>check/uncheck show players chat>>Apply.

ATM we dont have a feature where you can ban an specific player chat but we are working on it.

I would like to permanently turn off specific players' chats. I do not want to turn off all players' chats. When WPN fixes the feature where individual/specific player's chats are turned off and stays off....will make the site much more enjoyable.

If you could also work on making the 'chat' fonts larger (in chat box) and numbers larger (pot size, how much chips each player has) -- would make it easier for players that play more than 2-3 tables.

Your assistance is much appreciated.

in before tin foil hat (i really dont want to be THAT guy, because i love online poker) but i just wanted to share an experience i had online recently

i was playing a micro tourney on ACR, we were close to the bubble, i had about 20ish or so BB's, someone with 30ish BB's limps in late position, i shove button preflop with AQ, this guy SNAP calls with J4 offsuit and hits runner runner royal flush on my flopped top pair, turned 2 pair...

i'll still probably play ACR because im a degen but just thought it was hella weird, and its probably just some idiot clicking buttons (especially since it was like a $1 tourney, so the chances hes just stupid IS there) but sorta makes you think sometimes.

in conclusion, turn off my doom switch?

in before tin foil hat (i really dont want to be THAT guy, because i love online poker) but i just wanted to share an experience i had online recently

i was playing a micro tourney on ACR, we were close to the bubble, i had about 20ish or so BB's, someone with 30ish BB's limps in late position, i shove button preflop with AQ, this guy SNAP calls with J4 offsuit and hits runner runner royal flush on my flopped top pair, turned 2 pair...

i'll still probably play ACR because im a degen but just thought it was hella weird, and its probably just some idiot clicking buttons (especially since it was like a $1 tourney, so the chances hes just stupid IS there) but sorta makes you think sometimes.

in conclusion, turn off my doom switch?

ya guy can see whats coming, and just wants to make his money slowly grinding 1 dollar tournys

Yes agree chat fonts need to be change sometimes is hard to read specially when multi tabling.. We have several similar stuuf that are on cue for development. They will be address but it will take a few months, if you guys have more things that you will like to be change for better let us know and we will submitted them.

A tourney offering late entry and re-entry does not affect your variance. 5k in starting chips and slow blinds. What are you people whining about? If someone wants to keep spewing chips and buying back in to spew more chips let them. I do agree with a comment from earlier you should be able to check your hand history and see what someone had in a showdown. All other sites offer this feature. Could you please check into this?

A tourney offering late entry and re-entry does not affect your variance. 5k in starting chips and slow blinds. What are you people whining about?

I does effect variance, this is how: Typically the players re entering are break even or winning players. While some of the losing players re enter generally it is mostly winning players. Since the fields are now tougher this cuts down a players win rate. Lower win rate equals more variance.

I dont see any sattys to the $22 $25k either.

I wonder why wpn shows lil love to the low stakes players?

I think all your 4max low buyin stuff should be changed to 8-9 handed and those $50 Mega turbos with no GTD that never run should be $11 $1ks..that will run imo