Fantasy Football Sleeper picks thread

Last year was a bit easier than this year it seems. If you watched any Johnny Manziel highlights last year, then you saw a huge beast named Mike Evans making crazy catches left and right. He looked like an NFL talent in college and going to the Bucs you knew he'd be close to the #1 WR option right away and was a decent shot at a good sleeper. Now, while Kelvin Benjamin didn't look nearly as ridiculous in college, he was still a 6'5 guy going to the Panthers to play with Cam Newton. Take one look at the offense, see absolutely no running backs and absolutely no other WR's and it was easy to see that Kelvin was a great sleeper pick.

This year I haven't noticed anyone that stands out nearly as much, been kind of out of the loop. Whatcha got OT? Who should we have on our radar in the later rounds?

Last year was a bit easier than this year it seems. If you watched any Johnny Manziel highlights last year, then you saw a huge beast named Mike Evans making crazy catches left and right. He looked like an NFL talent in college and going to the Bucs you knew he'd be close to the #1 WR option right away and was a decent shot at a good sleeper. Now, while Kelvin Benjamin didn't look nearly as ridiculous in college, he was still a 6'5 guy going to the Panthers to play with Cam Newton. Take one look at the offense, see absolutely no running backs and absolutely no other WR's and it was easy to see that Kelvin was a great sleeper pick.

This year I haven't noticed anyone that stands out nearly as much, been kind of out of the loop. Whatcha got OT? Who should we have on our radar in the later rounds?

ITT: 2 1st round picks in the NFL Draft were "sleepers"

Well yeah, I realize I'm using the term loosely. But anyone who you can pick up in a late round and ends up being near the top 10 in scoring at their position is "sleeperesque" to me. Didn't think I'd have to clarify this. Looking for impact players here to draft, not some guy who is good for 5 a week in my backup flex spot ya feel me?

http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2014/08/fantasy_football_2014_sleepers_rookies_kelvin_benjamin.html

I got Benjamin in the 8thish round in several leagues last year. Be more of a useless arrogant faggot tho, you're good at it.

With 2 rbs, and a full time blocking TE in celek, Zach Ertz is gonna get one on one a lot for post routes or seam routes. Agholar/Matthews are solid later as well now that a qb can hit them on time

I feel like we've been waiting on Ertz for years now. I hope you're right, but I've been bitten by him before. I mean, I think like 40% of his production came in Week 17s Washington game, lol.

Biggest thing he has going for him is Celek is another year older.

Take Gronk early. He'll be solid

Had to get my dick response in. I don't play fantasy. I just can't root for anything good to happen to any team other than mine.

I'd say wr. Aaron Dobson or josh Boyce (if he makes the team).

I don't know if chandler at tight end isn't really a sleeper but he is gonna get crazy Tds if they focus on Gronk in the red zone. If not Gronk gets over 20 Tds this year

Historically, rookie wrs don't usually have much of an impact but I definitely get what you're saying. Part of me thinks last year's class was an exception but the other part of me thinks it's a new league and we'll continue to see rookies making big impacts, albeit not on last season's level.

I usually find my sleepers during preseason although last year my picks didn't work out.

Historically, rookie wrs don't usually have much of an impact but I definitely get what you're saying. Part of me thinks last year's class was an exception but the other part of me thinks it's a new league and we'll continue to see rookies making big impacts, albeit not on last season's level.

I usually find my sleepers during preseason although last year my picks didn't work out.

His point should be well taken first rd. receivers work out more than any other rd.

Edit: Every rd. works out that way. For a reason.

Yeah but even though they were first round picks, their ADP was like fucking 85+ last year and they both put up great numbers, hence sleepers, hence he was just being a condescending douchebag.

Yeah but even though they were first round picks, their ADP was like fucking 85+ last year and they both put up great numbers, hence sleepers, hence he was just being a condescending douchebag.

[ ] ADP 85 is a late round pick

[x] 1st round rookies are never sleepers regardless of ADP because everybody knows who they are, thus nobody is "sleeping" on them.

[x] The term "sleeper" is redundant because even if there was a guy who nobody had somehow heard of, by labeling him a "sleeper" you've now alerted everyone to his existence.

The more accurate description of this thread would be "values" and "reaches", but to that I would just refer you to CHK's post earlier itt as to why this thread might not take off.

I'm gonna sleep through this football season, shit the bed last year fantasy wise and life is to crazy right now to pay attention to football enough to give a shit and besides the 9ers are gonna be a break even at best team so fuck it not gonna play anything this year.

Besides i bought a new house and this move gonna be a bitch.

[ ] ADP 85 is a late round pick

[x] 1st round rookies are never sleepers regardless of ADP because everybody knows who they are, thus nobody is "sleeping" on them.

[x] The term "sleeper" is redundant because even if there was a guy who nobody had somehow heard of, by labeling him a "sleeper" you've now alerted everyone to his existence.

The more accurate description of this thread would be "values" and "reaches", but to that I would just refer you to CHK's post earlier itt as to why this thread might not take off.

So you were confirmed just being a nitpicking tryhard douche, cool. And yeah, my bad, didn't realize that all 12 people on this board played in leagues together. Still find it hard to believe this can't be a thread. OT is pathetic but is it really this pathetic?

So you were confirmed just being a nitpicking tryhard douche, cool. And yeah, my bad, didn't realize that all 12 people on this board played in leagues together. Still find it hard to believe this can't be a thread. OT is pathetic but is it really this pathetic?

Lets check out page one of OT:

--thread about loving the shits people get from eating Chipotle

--16 page thread about a guy getting evicted from his apartment

--thread about etiquette in asking people what their shoes cost

--Long thread about guys keeping cash balances on Pokerstars play chip home games

--URI

Yeah, I'd say we're definitely that pathetic.

Stevie Johnson. Him and the Bolo have hit it off so far in camp and i can see him being a really solid WR3

BREAKING FANTASY NEWS

Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers was recently asked, which player he was most excited about this season. The player that came to mind was wide receiver Stevie Johnson and he was very excited about him. "He's off to a heck of a start," Rivers said. "If you asked me one guy who I was most excited about, I'd probably single out him"

FANTASY ANALYSIS

Johnson is expected to fill the role left by Eddie Royal and help fill the void left by the suspended Antonio Gates. He should have a major role during the first four games of the season. Although it may diminish a bit when Gates returns, it should still be significant. Johnson is currently going undrafted in the majority of leagues. With that said, he is definitely worth a late-round flier. He has upside and everything seems to have come together perfectly for Johnson in San Diego.

Guest Hank H1LL
Lets check out page one of OT:

--thread about loving the shits people get from eating Chipotle

--16 page thread about a guy getting evicted from his apartment

--thread about etiquette in asking people what their shoes cost

--Long thread about guys keeping cash balances on Pokerstars play chip home games

--URI

Yeah, I'd say we're definitely that pathetic.

lol yeah, if you don't post in the political threads I don't know what's keeping you around. but football is about to start and everybody can get angry during those threads at least.