advertisement_alt
rebelfd

Lil Holdem appreciation thread

One time during an FTOPS 300r I had this "unknown" to my right. I was more or less owning his shit for a few hours. Finally someone(maybe my backer at the time or a buddy) came over to sweat me and I was telling him how I've just been chipping up without showdowns, mainly taking chips off this JSE81 guy to my left. He then starts laughing and says you know who that is right? I say no clue, why? He says Lil Holdem'. I say who?? He just laughed and I was confused.

Met the dude once in vegas. He was pretty quiet. Hung out in a hotel room then we went somewhere else in his car bumping rap lol. I left after, but my other buddy Stu went back to his place to smoke, and said he had these two little rat dogs that he talked like a baby to and thought it was hilarious and made fun of him lol.

All I got. RIP dude.

lol standard QW itt

"i was better than him at poker and he was a punk who acted hard but in reality liked tiny dogs just like paris hilton does"

Definitely not insinuating he was a punk. I just thought it was hilarious the way he talked and dressed but when he saw his two little chiwawa's he acted like a 14 year old girl.

first part was true though.

Brag: Chad once asked me to swap 3% in a 5k at the PCA. MRW...

3sWwB.gif

Beat: We both busted 1 table before the money. I think Chad was actually the exact bubble.

I met the guy probably a half dozen times and he was never anything like his online persona (granted that's true for like 90% of people from the internet). He definitely lived the "Lil Holdem" gimmick (first time I met him, his GF was decked out in jewelry and was carrying a purse probably worth more money than the average person's car), but he was actually really soft-spoken, polite, and always smiling. I have nothing but respect for everything he accomplished in poker. So sad to see a peer die young. RIP.

So sad. I remember the grill and trying to figure out what tf he just said.

I also remember him saying he had no idea what pot odds were or how to figure them but played like he instinctively knew anyway. Such a natural talent.

Repitar? Isn't that the sequel to Avatar?

It is where the chiwawa colonizes Pandora

Spelling was never my strong suite. Meh.

cwidt?

edit- and honestly, anyone that can correctly spell repertoire and chihuahua without looking it up is a douche anyway

When I met him he know I was a nobody and was still incredibly nice to me, even later when we were all playing Pokerstars in the lobby he would still ask me how I was doing in my $5 sit and go's and offered advice. Great guy.

My favorite moment of his is when he was giving Queso shit and said "you gonna bath yo ass before the irish open, you stinky ***ga"

socalcat is for real a girl, chill hughes.

only met him once, i was passed out in a bed at my hotel room and bunch of ppl came over with him. i remember waking up and he kept calling me ruso and calling ruso truesyalose but seemed like an ok guy to me. always sad to hear ppl pass that u grinded with.