advertisement_alt

KQo UTG with shorties behind at FT of $162

Question

10 answers to this question

ImYourBluff    0

I think with blinds at 1200/2400 we have 2 options here....open shove or fold.

With less than 10 BB ourselves open shoving on a short handed table is not a bad option with the likely outcome that others will fold. However, with the big stack in the BB it is an ICM risk if called especially with some of the other short stacks here. I think I would base my decision on how widely you think the BB is calling a shove, if he is calling tighter then shove....If he is calling wider fold.

hookey91    206

]I think with blinds at 1200/2400 we have 2 options here....open shove or fold.[/b]

With less than 10 BB ourselves open shoving on a short handed table is not a bad option with the likely outcome that others will fold. However, with the big stack in the BB it is an ICM risk if called especially with some of the other short stacks here. I think I would base my decision on how widely you think the BB is calling a shove, if he is calling tighter then shove....If he is calling wider fold.

no shit sherlock.its an ICM fold

ClarkAS    0

Depending on table image and what not, I would say this is obviously either a fold or shove. I assume those are the two options that you were considering. The reasons I would fold are as follow; depending on table image (I know this is different for everyone) I think you are getting called here with a lot of shitty aces that you have to improve against. Years ago, it seemed like the UTG shove with 10~ bbs induced a lot more folds than it feels like happen today in online poker.

With that being said, I don't think pkr or timing tell can call you with any weak ace, which may make this a shove for some people. You are obviously ahead of the short stack ranges at this point, I would say conservatively, depending on what type of player they are, they are probably getting it in with hands like KJ, KT, QJ, TJ, any ace or pair etc. I think your range UTG here for a shove is QJ, KJ, any ace, any pair etc. With all that being said I think the safe move here is to fold, given that you are playing for top 4 money most of the time anyway, I don't think winning 5,400 (2.5 bb increase) is worth the risk of whatever your pay jump is from 6-4. I also think its safe to assume that none of the bigger stacks are calling you with worse. So depending on your table image and how likely you think it is for you to pick up the blinds, this is probably a fold.

StrugLife    1

Agree with Hamish that this is easily solved with HRC. IMO this FT prolly isn't big enough to justify folding here even if HRC says its marginally more profitable. However I usually un-justly favour going FTW.

Seems like you gotta push here IMO, your 10BB deep, regardless that your UTG, it's six handed.

The fact that there are short stacks would only make me feel safer because if one of the five players left to act does pick up a hand there is a good chance it will be one of them and you wont be eliminated.

Besides you have to build a stack to ship it anyways, pass up on this spot and your going to be in a much much worse situation after the blinds hit you, since its very unlikely you will be dealt anything stronger.

seems like a really close spot and I'd be tempted to fold based on the payjumps, but I think there's a lot of good reasons for shoving.. The thing I'd be most concerned about is the BB's calling range and if he is aware of how much of a threat you could become by doubling you up, since you have direct pos on him, and could really be a big thorn in his side with 20+bb, so he honeslty should be folding hands like A7-A9 maybe even AT, just bc the dominant chip pos he is an and able to employ ICM pressure in future spots making it less attractive to be calling a 10bb shove. I think we fold out a lot of A-X from the medium stacked players behind us, but never getting anyone to fold AQ, The thing that sucks is we're almost never going to get called by worse (at least not as often as on Bovada)

I say fold unless the jumps are meaningless to your bankroll, then play ftw and lettherrip

StrugLife    1

Its a shove, apparently you should shove 18.4% here. Which looks like 33+, A2s+, A9o+, K9s+, KJo+, Q9s+, J9s+, T9s+.

I calculated this on HRC, using "Malmuth-Harville 'ICM'", and with "unrestricted Nash" or whatever.

KJo and J9s are netting "+0.00", so take that FWIW. Also a few others are netting 0.01 and so on, so curious if this is relevant.

AJyowler    0

Flip a coin... really close either way... I think shoving gives us the best chance to win and we're only getting called by a tight range from those that have us covered... If payjumps were bigger I'd lean towards a fold