advertisement_alt
machine

Super weird spot with 28bbs vs a 5x open in ep $3.30 MTT

Question

IPoker No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 500/1,000 Blinds (7 handed) - IPoker Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com

Hero (MP1) (t28,082)

MP2 (t7,606)

CO (t65,744)

Button (t11,887)

SB (t32,870)

BB (t5,380)

UTG (t20,878)

Hero's M: 18.72

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Jdiamond.gif, Jheart.gif

UTG raises t5,000, Hero?

Villains 21/12 over the 28 hands before this and i have a note that he blocks weak hands.

So jam or fold are the options. Just curious what your opinions are in this spot guys.

Thanks in Advance.

6 answers to this question

utg only has 21bb in a 7 handed table where only 2 guys cover you no reads on villan this is just a std jam folding here is pretty awful unless some sick icm implantations like u cant do anything other than jam here your printing heeps here

5x opens are usually a wtf type of thing to me, but more often than not, it means villain doesn't want to play a flop, has a good hand, but would rather just get folds. Could be AK/AQ, or mid range PP, and he will probably call off to a shove. So I'm getting it in here, knowing it's a crucial spot where you could be dominating villain, or flipping for a solid stack. If villain has an over pair, make the note of his sizing, and call him an idiot as you shake your head lol.

In my experience, bigger opening sizes UTG tend to lean towards Big cards rather than pairs. If he had QQ-AA, I think he would be raising 2.5x - 3x to get value from worse hands. With 5x hands, all hands that are better call, and all hands worse fold, I just think its hard for him to have QQ-AA and therefore I am shipping JJ with the thought that the worse case scenerio, your flipping for a huge stack, and best case scenerio your dominating him for a huge stack.

If some how he has QQ-AA, its a cooler, but you will flop a set anyways ;)

Goodluck at the tables :)

Thought exactly what Jackimovicz1 said. I do not think we are dominated here nearly often enough to fold. I think his range is heavily weighted towards medium to small pairs and large Ax hands. So im pretty happy to get it in here, especially if my flipping skills are on point!

We can't fold here. Our hand is too good and stacks are too short. Easy get in. My guess is you posted this because you called and lost to a better hand. Remember that just because you were beat in a particular hand and ran into the top of an opponents range, doesn't mean it was the wrong play.

I am getting it in for sure in this spot, especially if its on Ipoker network as I have seen ATs make these raises even AJo and we are winning in those spots a high percentage of times and the times we are kkoolered by the three big PP's aren't as high of a percentage as the hands your flipping with. Flip well and you got it, the fact that we are 7 handed really helps the decision as well IMO. Hope I helped on a decision here.