advertisement_alt
DrewPeacoq8

If you're reading this, I need your help!

Question

Hello all. Some of you know me and some of you don't. For those that don't know me, my name is John and I have been playing and coaching MTTs for a living since 2010. I've been fortunate enough to survive this long in the game, and over time I've learned one big lesson - I didn't do it on my own. That said I'm very grateful for everything that I've been blessed with up to this point, and I would like for nothing more than to give back and be able to help others get 1 step closer to achieving their goals in poker.

So, I've deciding I'm going to give away some coaching to help those in need, who can't necessarily afford it.

---What I need your help with---

I'd like for you to post the name of someone you think is worthy of receiving this gift, and why you think they are deserving of it. That's it. :)

Now keep in mind, we want to get max value out of this gift, so giving it to someone who plays 10hrs a week probably isn't going to be best. So, let's dig deep and try to think of people who are playing at least somewhat regularly, struggling to get to that next level, and yet want to be learning. I think these are the type of people that would benefit the most from this, and would love you that much more for even thinking about them. You want to have a warm feeling inside when you type this persons name and why you think they deserve it. I think that will give us all the most value.

I appreciate all of you, and thanks in advance for your help!

Iwould like to put forward Stacey,xstaceybx on stars, she is a really nice girl,eager to learn,she puts hours and hours in on her own staking site, and I think shes not far away from being a good player,maybe you can give her that little bit extra she needs to go on and be a very good player.

I know the girl and I would like to say the amount of time and money at times she puts into the game she thoroughly deserves a shot at this.. She owns a poker forum which at times costs her money let alone the hours she puts into making sure everything is right there and everyone is happy...

She is a single mum who the time her kids are at school or in bed with the poker community and I really feel this opportunity will take her game to the next level,, she has grown so much as a player since I have known her an wants to improve at every available opportunity..

Im sure others are going to have more to say about her...

And conners,, nobody is perfect mate,, Birmingham City it is...

I want to nominate a good friend of mine, Tyler Goffinet. Tyler is a very solid tournament player and is definitely very profitable at the $5.50-11 buy in ranges. He's been busy with his job lately has not been able to put in the volume he wants, but every day he has off he is constantly trying to watch and learn. Especially lately, he always wants to sweat my sessions through teamviewer to try and learn new things and gain new information, and the amount of information he has absorbed in a few weeks of watching has been tremendous. He really absorbs and learns information quickly, and adapts his game based on the information he's learned, which is why I would believe he would get the most out of this session (a.k.a max value :D ). He's expressed a huge interest in getting to that next level and moving up in stakes and this would be a great opportunity for him to get closer to that goal. I hope he gets this because I know it would be very well used. He works hard and he deserves it.

I don't want to sound like an asshole but I'd like to recommend myself for your coaching sessions. I've put so much time and effort into studying, practicing and getting better at this game over the past few years... and although, I am a winning player, there are a lot of things that I still need to work on. I've always deeply longed for some coaching, however brief- and thought things such as:

"If I could just manage to get a couple of private coaching sessions... it would really help me bring my game to the next level."

or

"If I just had someone to discuss hands with more often, or someone willing to sit down with me and go through my selection of hands that I have questions about... it would make all the difference."

I don't know how many of these coaching sessions you were planning on giving out but if you can find it in your heart to offer me a session or two ...I can tell you that it truly, truly would be appreciated. You have no idea how much I would appreciate any help you can offer as far as coaching. I have video recordings of my play (both good and bad play,) hand histories, HM2 and Holdem Indicator... PokerStove and all the necessary tools for learning including an extremely eager attitude and a willingness to learn and to work hard. I usually play 4-10 hours a day, 4-7 days a week. It just depends. I can work around your schedule and perhaps even pay you a little something (although, it would be a modest amount) for your time. Whatever it takes for a little bit of coaching, I'd be willing to do it. I've been looking for an opportunity like this for years and even if you don't offer me personally any coaching I'd like to say thank you for doing this for the community because someone will surely benefit greatly.

Just in case you would indeed consider me for your coaching offer, here are my Sharkscopes which show winning play for my two most recently played on screen names:

http://www.sharkscope.com/#Player-Statistics//networks/WPN/players/Yuuichi

http://www.sharkscope.com/#Player-Statistics//networks/WPN/players/Kagami

I would like to throw in a vote for my friend/mentor his p5s name is RaiseAllDay. I dont know how much he plays hourly anymore, as US sites are kinda meh, but for the past year while ive been grinding live he has been my only friend with enough knowledge to go over hands and scenarios, and i probably annoy the hell out of him because he never plays live, but is always willing to help. He is on TPE so is definately willing to learn.

Very cool of u to do this btw and happy holidays

I'm so appreciative of everyone helping. I'm going to be contacting everyone this week at some point. I am still open to more people to nominate others for this, so you can feel free to comment if u haven't already. :) Hope everyone is doing well and gl on the tables! I look forward to all the people I may be able to help and inspire thru this process!

Cheers!

Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm gonna be closing this offer down now for this time around.

I'll definitely be looking to do this again in the future at some point. It might be like the never ending pasta bowl at Olive Garden... who knows when it'll happen again, and for how long! So just stay tuned :)

Thanks again to everyone who was generous enough to refer someone and help me on my mission.

Thru not only this post, but other social media outlets, I've contacted ~20 people and am currently working on getting everyone setup with a time. It's definitely a lot of work, but some of the responses in regards to the free coaching I've already received have made this mission a success and soooo worth it!!!

Cheers and I wish everyone the best out on the felt.