OT Rail Calls

Swerve    106

So I still don’t like the limp despite your explanation for it.
Understandable. I didn't like it all that much either, but I stand by my assessment of a "good chance" that I get action from one of the two players described, whereas if i raised I almost certainly get nothing but blinds. I pretty much never open limp any hand, ever, but I don't feel terrible about changing it up some tiny percentage of the time for what seems like a decent reason.

But as a corollary I know I'm giving up a (small) pot potentially if nobody raises and the board is bad, so I have to be okay with that. But then again, it's short-handed, so I'm not giving up too easy...

Why bet so much on the flop?

70% of the pot? I thought that was fairly standard, a touch on the high side maybe for a c-bet but not terribly so. I tend to favor betting 50-70% of the pot when I c-bet. With exceptions for context. I should probably probe bet more with slightly smaller amounts but with so many better players (relative to the old days) out there I don't like offering odds.

Rereading this though I'm actually realizing I got all of these numbers wrong. I know there was a ~$13000 bet on the turn that was just over half the pot. The blinds must've been smaller than I said and I must've had some 50+ blinds, and I think the dude had a little less than I said in his stack at this point. Idk, I'm tired. All I remember for sure is his approximate stack size on the turn and the bet/potsize on the turn.

I like the jack on the turn so I bet again. I know this is basically first level thinking but that to me seems what this is. Wtf knows what he limps with but i feel like your ahead a bunch here

Auopokershotpokertakes

I liked it too, considering. I check-raised the shit out of him. I had noticed that he liked to stab at the pot with 50% pot bets in position after getting checked to in spots like that, and I also noticed that if I called a half-pot bet, then he would have just barely more than a pot-sized bet left in his stack. So I went for the checkraise shove knowing that he bets basically anything, and will get stuck into calling a lot of his range. Was like the third time I checkraised him too in very similar spots in the last hour. He folded both times before which I was okay with but was hoping to catch him with the club draw or something like A6, A3, 56, 45, etc. So far he's not raising me much on my postflop bets with his weak hands like that, but pretty much always bets when i check to him heads up. So def in his range when he calls/bets. J possible too obv but less likely.

aupoker1    665

Yea. Was thinking some kind of 6 or a club draw especially after the second jack comes.

And im betting just under half the pot there or so most of the time on the flop but there’s obv factirsbthab couod change that.

Swerve    106

That SHIIPIT guy was a huge retard early on. Was during the rebuy period but he had like 6k chips so wasn't trying to double starting stack or anything, was just being stupid AF with his stack. Like called T9 against two allins and shit like that, iirc he tripled up against Jj and AK or something like that on that hand.

glgl

DONKWOOD    339

What did you have to do to get verified on Global? Do they ask for a utility bill etc? I'm thinking of signing up but dont want to go through the trouble if they dont allow foreigners.

Swerve    106

What did you have to do to get verified on Global? Do they ask for a utility bill etc? I'm thinking of signing up but dont want to go through the trouble if they dont allow foreigners.

From what I hear it's easy for anyone to join and play, but when it comes time to cash out, that's when they verify you. They only allow US (and maybe Canadian...?) players to cash out. I've read a couple of foreigners on 2+2 complaining that they deposited and played and won but then couldn't cash out.

For me, I showed them my ID and then tried to show them a bank statement with account numbers and balances redacted. They said it has to be an unedited document. I wasn't cool with that so I found a student loan bank statement that showed my name and address together (that's the main thing they want with that part, proof of residency), and that worked. Although at one point they pointed out that the name I signed up with when I created my account (Darfus McGarfus) didn't match my real name, and "Would I care to explain that?" I just said I wasn't taking it seriously at the time given my state and history of things, and pointed out that the email I used had that name on it and was the same email Paypal had had for like a dozen years. They were like Ok. All in all took like 24 hours, they were super fast and responded within like an hour to each message. (Oh also I sent an empty mail-in voting envelope with my name and address on it at the same time, not sure which thing was the thing that worked.)

DONKWOOD    339

Well I have a US bank account and it’s linked to my Paypal. Cheaper than using my Japanese account. Damn I have to see what address is on there. Pretty sure it’s my brothers.

Swerve    106

Well I have a US bank account and it’s linked to my Paypal. Cheaper than using my Japanese account. Damn I have to see what address is on there. Pretty sure it’s my brothers.

Yeah main thing is name and address. IP might be a problem too though. I probably wouldn't risk it if I were you. Like how fucked up would it be to win herra money and then be fucked.

You might want to check out the Global poker threads on 2+2, I wasn't paying that close attention to foreigner stories but I know there were people talking about that kind of thing there.

hookey91    172

No room for people from narrow eyed countries

for real

Swerve    106

I can go play on Stars anytime I want but here I am asking about Global

Global has a few problems but seems soft AF.

No synchronized breaks are fucking killing me though. I really have to take a shit.

Swerve    106

Jesus christ. These people really are fucking idiots. It's crazy. Pretty butthurt about it right now though because I'm just getting mauled today. By retards.

This dookie sure is fucking nice though. So good.

Shaaarrrp    71

Hellllllllll yeah man. Shame I'm not there, you have a 100% winrate with me on the rail.

Yeah man I needed you there today :)

Ended up getting 8th...bittersweet but think I played fine and 8k not too bad for a weekend. Save the win for the next one.