advertisement_alt

New Jersey GSSS Contest

ninjaGO    0

I want to and going to try to play over 50% of events but my schedule has been crazy these days and it is going to be day to day based on work and family commitments so going to sit out of this one, good luck everyone playing.

bison39    0

I don't know. Being that it's auction (which I like a lot) and especially given different levels of volume being played, Maybe the teams don't need to have even numbers. In theory you could have a team with the top 2 players playing every tourney and a team with 5 half volume and lesser rating and be fairly even. Adds an interesting strategical element to the auction. Just a thought. But for the same reason have to get rid of the everyone must cash.

Vetstadium    0

I'll take a stab at this also due to family and my job I am giving my outline below which I will try to follow as close as possible (A very good chance I can do following schedule). There is an off chance I may be able to squeeze some events in other days but as rule of thumb I can not handle back to back days of no sleep. I will pretty much be playing Sundays, Weds and Fridays. Also nothing over 215 unless I can Satty in. So about 25 of them.

Here are my events : Feb 28th: 1,2 3, 4 5

March 2: 13, 14 , 15

March 4: 19, 22, 23

March 6: 29, 30, 32, 33, 34

March 9: 42, 43, 44

March 11: 49, 50

March 13: 55, 57 , 59, 60

Gags30    0

i'll be in, would like to be a captain if possible, assuming all i have to as captain is draft a team. also will be willing to stream the draft on my channel, if pkr4dummies wants to stream it on his though that's fine, i'll be streaming as i draft anyway so wahtever.

i'm gonna play everying 109 and higher sunday-thursday.

a few things:

def should be plb, not total cashes.

also, the everyone needs to cash thing seems silly, if a team is carried by 2 people that's awesome and you shouldn't penalize a team cause someone's dog died and they needed 3 weeks away from poker to recover

Gags30    0

Let's do individual competition.

Everyone throws in $x and depending on how many players enter, we pay upto x players like a tournament structure. (Ex 1st 35% of prizepool 2nd 20% 3Rd 15 etc etc)

Maybe make a new thread as to not clutter this one? Am interested tho

Ok looking good so far.

I talked to a couple guys away from this thread and Im convinced the negatives outweigh the positives and will lift the everyone must score to win rule.

I also talked to sofcknsck at Parx and he said he wants to be a captain but is having trouble signing into P5s

So we have Noxcape, gags, JamieK, sofcknsck as captains. Think we need at least one more, maybe 2 depending on number of players.

Lets spread the word on Twitter ladies and gents.

also, should probably cut off any odd number of late entrants as having equal number of players on each team seems to make the most sense

Na, anyone who wants in and pays is in.

Uneven teams doesnt necessarily give bigger teams an advantage as there is a cap on how many scores are counted and it means there is another person to split the prizepool with.

Mergulas    0

Yes but uneven teams will receive different payouts as they have to split it with team, I think that's the problem with uneven teams. also think there needs to be adjustments for a chopped first place as the PLB points give them too much incentive to chop when chiplead. And since captains are essentially free, if they're not players on the same level, the team with best captain has a distinct advantage, looks like a good mix of captains so far so just adding my input.

7douche    0

Na, anyone who wants in and pays is in.

Uneven teams doesnt necessarily give bigger teams an advantage as there is a cap on how many scores are counted and it means there is another person to split the prizepool with.

if it is based off of the 10 biggest scores, the team with more players will obv have more chances at bigger scores rich. who let this guy in charge?

Yes but uneven teams will receive different payouts as they have to split it with team, I think that's the problem with uneven teams. also think there needs to be adjustments for a chopped first place as the PLB points give them too much incentive to chop when chiplead. And since captains are essentially free, if they're not players on the same level, the team with best captain has a distinct advantage, looks like a good mix of captains so far so just adding my input.

Thats part of the strategy, you draft more players for more chances at sores but have to balance it out with adding another person to share the spoils with.

Agree with you about the Captains point, luckily so far we have top level players.

What do you suggest we do to adjust for chopped tournies?

if it is based off of the 10 biggest scores, the team with more players will obv have more chances at bigger scores rich. who let this guy in charge?

It isnt off 10 scores tho it is off 30 (which can be adjusted higher if people want) . The auction draft/budget format means if you draft more players, theoretically you should be getting an average of lower quality players compared to someone who drafts less players. Plus a bigger team has to share with more people if they win.

Uneven players per team is staying.

we should make a rule no chops....