Pker4Dummies

New Jersey GSSS Contest

Chops- I think anyone who chops into first should have their PLB score multiplied by percentage of first place money they received, or can divide by square root (PLB equation) of average of players remaining, but I think there definitely needs a rule for it.

Uneven players- if there are 6 teams, the assumption is that each team has a 1/6th chance of winning. If that is true and remains true, having uneven players is unfair to the lesser priced players as they are more likely to be on a team with more players and be putting a -EV bet in, this can be shown mathematically. This fact combined with cap on team scores makes below average (compared to field) players undraftable, by definition, they are taking an average amount (equal share) of the prize but adding a below average chance of helping you win and worth negative amounts of your budget. I'm not sure why uneven players is such a lock but I'm done caring about this, just sent my money to Dennis and will go with whatever rules everyone likes.

sent $ in. Just updating my numbers. Going to probably be closer to 20-25 tourneys in total.

Also revising my earlier thoughts. I don't like uneven teams. Aside from the Mergulas point. Uneven teams doesn't work well in an auction draft. A big part of what makes auction drafts work is the budget and roster spots. Not sure what you do about odd players though.

Chops- I think anyone who chops into first should have their PLB score multiplied by percentage of first place money they received, or can divide by square root (PLB equation) of average of players remaining, but I think there definitely needs a rule for it.

Uneven players- if there are 6 teams, the assumption is that each team has a 1/6th chance of winning. If that is true and remains true, having uneven players is unfair to the lesser priced players as they are more likely to be on a team with more players and be putting a -EV bet in, this can be shown mathematically. This fact combined with cap on team scores makes below average (compared to field) players undraftable, by definition, they are taking an average amount (equal share) of the prize but adding a below average chance of helping you win and worth negative amounts of your budget. I'm not sure why uneven players is such a lock but I'm done caring about this, just sent my money to Dennis and will go with whatever rules everyone likes.

generally too complicated to verify everyone who chopped and who didn't

Couple things. If I am going to score, I prefer not to have to do any adjustments for chops. It is just extra work for me and may be hard to figure out exactly. Also, last GSSS contest, bounty tournaments counted for PLB points if you got a bounty even if you didnt cash. I dont think I can get that info from the lobby, so for bounty tourneys, you will only get points if you also cash (which is better anyway).

The PLB formula is based on what place you finish and how much the tournament prizepool is. Finish 180 out of 200 with 1 bounty and you get points. Finish 180 out of 200 with 19 bounties and you get the same amount of points. Number of bounties or value of bounties (super vs regular) doesn't matter, so i would prefer to not have to go through the entire tournament lobby or go to a second source for the data.