Pker4Dummies

New Jersey GSSS Contest

If Wacky can do it then great. I was only volunteering if he couldnt. As to whether it is insane to do it myself, I was thinking of using this new fangled thingy called a spreadsheet that is rumored to be able to make what is insane a tiny bit less so. But Wacky did it last time so if he can this time then great. Anyway... insane spreadsheet is ready if needed.

only playing 15 or so events i dont want to be that guy not putting enough volume in for the team, so im out. Good to see all the NJ Ninjas working together off the virtual felt tho anyways. gl to all you sickos!

*just an idea if not this time maybe the next we should have a % of the prizepool go to some charity more people will compete plus it will be for a good cause.

If Wacky can do it then great. I was only volunteering if he couldnt. As to whether it is insane to do it myself, I was thinking of using this new fangled thingy called a spreadsheet that is rumored to be able to make what is insane a tiny bit less so. But Wacky did it last time so if he can this time then great. Anyway... insane spreadsheet is ready if needed.

It won't be a problem as long as everyone has their screennames on their profile page that is in the contest.

Additionally, we can handle scoring based on cash earned or PLBs, make limits on total scores by person and/or by team, and have buy-in restrictions as well. I don't think there is anything we can automate on chops, however, but this seems to be an issue that was discussed and dismissed.

Dennis or Rich will just need to let me know when things are finalized who is on what team (by P5s name) and the parameters for the contest as well.

Ok including me, we have 40 players if everybody pays. Since a few people have clamored for even teams we are going to start taking alternates now. If you havent expressed interest yet but still want to get in PM RicanPhenom and he will give you paypal info. If you ship the 150 you will be assigned an alternate number in the order he receives the money. If anybody who has expressed interest doesn't pay the 150 before the deadline we will be automatically taking alternates in sequential order. No need for the alternates to do anything else to get in. If a spot doesnt open up for you, you will obv get your money back.

Good chance at least one person doesnt pay in time so dont be discouraged by this, you will probably get in. Not only that but if we get two more players the total will be 42 and that will give us an easily workable number for even teams. Im going to try my best to get anyone who wants in, to be in.

That being said we need a few more captains. I'd prefer if they were the top level players, but at this point Id take anyone (even Spewy). I would do it but it seems like a lot to run the draft and worry about draft strategy.

Draft is Saturday night at 930 ish and will stream it on my twitch channel Im going to test my shit today to make sure I am still able to stream since I havent done it in a while. I will have captains meet me in a Skype room beforehand and we will go over the rules again.

All done in a skype room

All captains will be given the same budget before the draft (depends on how many players/teams we have)

Each captain will get chances to nominate a player from the draft pool to be auctioned on. (That means you bid 1 dollar on them)

Clock starts counting down from 30 seconds with any teams interested in the player being auctioned typing their bid in chat (must be higher than the active bid)

Any bids made with 7 seconds or less left will result in the clock being reset to countdown from 7 seconds again until someone else bids, and the reset will be repeated, or time runs out and whoever has the highest active bid wins the player.

TL/DR:

So we need everyone who wants in to pay Dennis by tomorrow or you will not be guaranteed a spot. We have closed up open registration but if you still want in you can pay and reg as an alternate and have a good shot to get in.

We also need a few more captains.

And Ill give wacky all the important info after the draft.

Will post a clean new thread after the draft .

Since pk5 will be keeping track via plb . rich will there be a strict rule that if you dont pay by the deadline or if your name isnt on your profile by the deadline either that your scores on that name will not count? i already see a ton of people that dont look like theyll meet the pay deadline.

As of now, who are the people who want to be captains?

Noxcape, gags, Jamie K, and apparently young stevenmadara

i didn't think i would play much GSSS but recently found out that im now going to play most of the series. Im in if im a captain. Otherwise no because I don't want my feelings to get hurt being picked last.

This is an auction draft. Try to keep up.

this whole thread thing is confusing so not tech savvy. still a spot open if so I would like in and would send the money to Dlo this evening once i awaken from my slumber

If you send the money to dlo before tomorrow night, you will be first alternate . If anyone who has expressed interest doesnt pay by tom night you will be in. If everyone else pays and someone comes to be an alternate after you, you and him will both be in as we will then have 42 players and have even teams. If we cant get you in, you will be refunded. I will let you know your status late friday night.

Chances are the 1st alternate will get in one way or another.