Play March Madness with PocketFives

Dan    0

It's that time of year again: March Madness! PocketFives and the popular daily fantasy sports site FanDuel are teaming up to bring you a free NCAA Tournament Pool. You'll need to fill out your bracket before the games start on Thursday, March 17, and the play-in games are not counted. Here's how to play:

1. Go to http://www.runyourpool.com/join.cfm

2. Enter the following information:

a. In the "Pool ID" box, enter the number 15713

b. In the "Pool Password" box, enter 'fives55' (without the single quotes)

3. Create an account on RunYourPool, including a personal user name and password. Rest assured this information will not be sold or utilized for spam under any circumstances. If you already have an account on RunYourPool, you should log into your existing account instead of creating a new one.

4. Make your bracket picks. You must use your PocketFives user name as your bracket name.

5. You must have a FanDuel account prior to 11:59pm ET on March 16, 2016 in order to be eligible for prizes. Users will be required to submit their FanDuel username to PocketFives in order to redeem prizes. Click here to create a FanDuel account if you don't already have one.

Here's what we're playing for:

1st: NBA Monster entry ($300 value) on April 8, 2016

2nd: NBA Dunk entry ($100 value) on April 8, 2016

3rd: NBA Charge entry ($50 value) on April 8, 2016

4th: NBA Slam entry ($25 value) on April 8, 2016

5th: NBA Slam entry ($25 value) on April 8, 2016

PocketFives shirt for the top 10 finishers

PocketFives hat for the 55th place finisher

Cubs hat for the 108th place finisher

We'd like to thank to FanDuel for making these prizes possible.

Only one entry per person is allowed. Multiple entries will result in all of your entries being deleted.

----------

Some stats from our 169-bracket pool.

#1 overall seed Kansas and #2 seed Michigan State were the two favorites to win the NCAA Championship on April 4. Two 11-seeds were picked as winners as well:

593705-champions-picks.jpg

Here are some of the most popular picks to make the finals. Again, Kansas and Michigan State are the most popular picks. There were quite a few teams represented in one bracket that aren't shown here as well:

593706-finals-picks.jpg

And here are some of the most popular picks to make the Final Four. Kansas, Michigan State, North Carolina, and Oklahoma - two one-seeds and two two-seeds - are the leaders:

593707-final-four-picks.jpg

Here are the final standings. Thank you to everyone who played:

593815-final-standings.jpg

5th place goes to Earl Burton since I do not see a PocketFives account under the user name GoZAGSMang. All bracket names had to be the same as a person's PocketFives user name.

Dan    0

Can we get a cubs hat in place of the p5s one or does it have to be a p5s hat?

Just the P5s hat. You'll love it more than you could ever love a Cubs hat.

Dan    0

think FD just got the ax in Texas

There are certain states where FanDuel doesn't operate. People from those states are still more than welcome to play in our March Madness pool for bragging rights.

coolhandkev    120

Oh i agree i wasnt saying that sarcastically like how fair you get a cubs hat but i dont. I think for sure if you win and are ineligible for FD you should get a cubs hat consolation prize

I think now we are just waiting on dans inevitable approval

XXEDPXX    343

If I cross state lines to play in this will I be eligible for the prizes?

I'm talking establish legal residency. The works. Would I then be eligible?

An answer would be appreciated as soon as possible. Tournament starts next Thursday

XXEDPXX    343

It's that time of year again: March Madness! PocketFives and the popular daily fantasy sports site FanDuel are teaming up to bring you a free NCAA Tournament Pool. You'll need to fill out your bracket before the games start on Thursday, March 17, and the play-in games are not counted. Here's how to play:

1. Go to http://www.runyourpool.com/join.cfm

2. Enter the following information:

a. In the "Pool ID" box, enter the number 15713

b. In the "Pool Password" box, enter 'fives55' (without the single quotes)

3. Create an account on RunYourPool, including a personal user name and password. Rest assured this information will not be sold or utilized for spam under any circumstances. If you already have an account on RunYourPool, you should log into your existing account instead of creating a new one.

4. Make your bracket picks. You must use your PocketFives user name as your bracket name.

5. You must have a FanDuel account prior to 11:59pm ET on March 16, 2016 in order to be eligible for prizes. Users will be required to submit their FanDuel username to PocketFives in order to redeem prizes. Click here to create a FanDuel account if you don't already have one.

Here's what we're playing for:

NBA Monster entry ($300 value) on April 8, 2016

NBA Dunk entry ($100 value) on April 8, 2016

NBA Charge entry ($50 value) on April 8, 2016

NBA Slam entry ($25 value) on April 8, 2016

NBA Slam entry ($25 value) on April 8, 2016

PocketFives hat for the top 10 finishers

PocketFives hat for the 55th place finisher

We'd like to thank to FanDuel for making these prizes possible.

580c7a8ef3219553675fca85603d099a.jpg

TMLMS13    87

I wonder if that guy who only only shows up to P5 for this contest, and talks about his bracket nonstop and insults everyone elses will be back.

thereraise    7

I wonder if that guy who only only shows up to P5 for this contest, and talks about his bracket nonstop and insults everyone elses will be back.

was just coming here to see if he showed up

hell be here sunday night, guaranteed

Mr323    176

Thanks as always for running fun contests.

I will buy and ship the Cubs hat to the non-eligible winner, so now we are talking.

However, if I beat all non-eligible players, I need like lotsa Pocketfives gear sent my way; fair?