advertisement_alt

World famous Tapouttazz prob bet

Tapouttazz9    0

hello everyone I'm the world famous Tapouttazz9, everyone just calls me Tazz

I recently made a small prob bet with fello p5er gags and the bet is as follows

My all in ajusted bb/100 for the year so far at 10nl was -5

1. you have to play 20,000 hands of $10nl before jan 1 2017

2. your winrate has to be 1.00 all in-adjusted bb/100 (evbb/100) or higher at 10n

It's nothing huge but I hope this will force me to put in the hours to improve my game.

I also have a small side goal I set for myself which is to make 500$ profit by Jan 1 2017. If I succeed in winning the bet and hitting my profit goal I will reward myself with getting my first desktop for grinding. I plan to buy a Alienware alpha! Hope I can do it.

This will be my update thread !

Vanderwiel    0

I don't play cash online and I don't need lessons from Gags. Mostly because I am just playing for recreation, I don't have time to make use of poker lessons.. I wish you the best Tazz. I'm a big fan of self help projects.

seedload    0

First night in the books 200 hands up about 10$ ... Had some swings with a bit of spew ask seedload haha I thought he was putting the moves on me.

Tazz, please review that hand history and learn why it was SO BAD. Your justification above doesn't even make sense. It doesn't matter if you thought I was putting moves on you when your hand doesn't even beat many/most of my bluffs.

I wasn't folding to your four bet shove with so little left behind, I most likely had a good/great made hand, and I was sometimes ahead of you even for the small percentage of times I was bluffing. Crazy play.

Not trying to be rude, just giving some advise if you really want to succeed on your goal. You can't spew 100 bigs like THAT.

Anyway, gl the rest of the way. Live and learn.

Tapouttazz9    0

I respect your feedback however I disagree with your assessment. You had 3 bet me when I was in btn 2 times in the session and I had previously made a fold to another 3 bet. In my mind I'm thinking I no the 3 bet is coming. You 3bet melt 3x open to 50c which is poor 3bet sizing. My read of that 3 bet was you where trying to get me to fold and you where super light. Obviously you had the goods. If I Remeber correct I 4bet you and you 5 bet half your stack maybe a bit more then half. I shove all in with A10s if I Remeber correct. I may have been caught up in my first read on the line I took and I no I spew it off but shit happens. I don't think anyone here can say they never spewed a bi or 2 before.

seedload    0

Tazz, your recollection of the hand is faulty. I don't want to jam up your thread with a hand history. All I will say is that just the idea that you think you had a 'read' in online poker demonstrates that you need to work on how to think about hands online. You should be thinking in ranges and percentages. If you want I can post the hh and show mathematically how bad your equity was.

Anyway, gl.

Tapouttazz9    0

Had a good session today feeling good about how i played. So far on the month im up about 71$ and in the challenge itself i am up 8$ in profit. i plan to put in a few hundred hands a day at a steady pace. i really would like to keep it at 2 tables for right now until i can fix a few leaks in my game. i think 2 tables is enough for me to really have time to think about my decisions at the table. I will also be seat and table selecting a little better then i have. trying to find the best seat is something i have over looked in the past but i will give it a go and hopefully get more seats with fish to my direct right. See everyone on the felt !

Tapouttazz9    0

Today i put in some good volume 4.5 hours and 570 hands made a profit on the session. I was down early on about 1.5 buyins. about a year ago the old me would have chased the losses moved up down and did anything i could just to get back to even. I developed kind of my own strategy to help me fight this. I stop looking at my winnings on the session and instead of the mindset that i need to at least break even i have the mind set that i just want to win a little at a time. i find myself playing in bigger pots when im down so i try to take extra time to think about my lines before i take them when i am stuck. Its working so far i didnt look at my graph fro 2.5 hours and i was up at the end.