advertisement_alt
Pghfan987

Let's talk about bitcoin and cryptocurrency

4 minutes ago, AFink93 said:

Elaborate on this ?   

Simple:  you replied quoting me with a comment that said that you and jb are the only honest people around here.  See how you took my comment?  How do you think I took yours?

btw, I'm more than willing to bet with you if you question my honesty - how about this for a bet?

-let's just go back not too far - say from December through yesterday

-You tell me whether you think I've chipped up on BTC at least 20 times just since December

-You tell me if the total $$ spent chipping up on BTC alone since December is 5 figures before the decimal point

If your answer to either of these is 'no', then we got a bet.  We choose an escrow, minimum bet $500, but I'll cover anything up to $5k cause I would not feel comfortable sending more than that to an escrow even if it was my own mother.  

We agree on what proof is acceptable to you that doesn't compromise my coins or my other info aside from the BTC holdings.  

you down?

I've done pretty well with bitcoin over the years but stupidly cashed it out in like 2019 before getting back in at 30k, those profits probably offset my shitcoin buys give or take a couple thousand.  

But I've always held ICX, watched it go over 100k for me then back down to like 2k lol, but here we go again.  It's my only hope.  

I'm in BTC, ADA, ICX, and REN now, biggest stake in ICX obv and feeling good about it.  

lol at caring about other nerds bullshitting over their wallets, good luck to em.

Edited by Charles Vane
Just now, Charles Vane said:

lol at caring about other nerds bullshitting over their wallets, good luck to em.

some people don't like to be called bullshitters about money when they aren't bullshitting and are willing to put up however much you wanna bet to prove they don't bullshit about money.  

I think it's stranger for an honest person to not care about being called a bullshitter

57 minutes ago, ripomatic said:

@Tread  Do you use Nicehash or is there a better platform to mine for?

BTW...I subscribe to Red panda mining and Bit's be trippin....  Bits be trippin is the guy who made the excel speadsheet showing all the gaming rigs and mining rigs earning profiles.  These guys seem to be top top.

I used benchmarks for checking on CPU and GPU prowess...

https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html

Nice work!

1660s can only do about 20mhs tops, but thats not terrible if these gas fees keep up.  Nice hash is easy to use, but they have a higher fee rate and have had some hacks in the past.  

If you can figure out how to use it, I would use something directly on your PC, like teamredminer or lolminer.  Again, those guys you mentioned (BitsBtrippin is great too) should have videos somewhere that show you this.  make sure you watch a few of them and understand it.

The part to pay attention to is the configuration file on your PC.  You need to put your ETH wallet addr in that file and replace the one that is there (unless you want to mine for the developer instead of yourself LOL).

Then you go to ethermine.org and get their server information and put it in there.

Once you start mining, ethermine.org will give you a dashboard based on your ETH wallet addr and show you how much you are making.  I think if you make less than 0.05 in a week it will pay you out once a week.

The other thing to keep in mind is that it literally costs at least $20 to move any ETH anywhere.  So if you are only mining like 40 or 50$ a week, you may have to just sit on it for awhile until the fees go down or you make enough to justify moving it somewhere.

If you are happy with what NiceHash is doing and are earning, no big deal to leave it.  You just would get a few more % pts by doing it the old school way.  Some of those pros are using something called HiveOS, this looked pretty involved and more aimed at ppl running multiple cards/rigs, so I haven't looked at that yet.

EDIT:  Those GPU lists on passmark will help you understand gaming power of those cards, but for ETH mining, I would use this list.  If your card isn't on this list, it's not likely worth trying

https://whattomine.com/gpus

Edited by Tread
  • Thanks 1
Just now, Charles Vane said:

I was once as you are now, then I realized pocketfives was full of retarded faggots and haven't cared since.

i let most shit go and just play it off as jokes.  but the tone of that message hit me wrong and it got me pissed off.  Haven't seen much ITT aside from people actually trying to encourage other people to benefit, so it caught me funny to catch the tone change today.  

But yeah, you're right of course 

14 minutes ago, kellykip said:

Simple:  you replied quoting me with a comment that said that you and jb are the only honest people around here.  See how you took my comment?  How do you think I took yours?

btw, I'm more than willing to bet with you if you question my honesty - how about this for a bet?

-let's just go back not too far - say from December through yesterday

-You tell me whether you think I've chipped up on BTC at least 20 times just since December

-You tell me if the total $$ spent chipping up on BTC alone since December is 5 figures before the decimal point

If your answer to either of these is 'no', then we got a bet.  We choose an escrow, minimum bet $500, but I'll cover anything up to $5k cause I would not feel comfortable sending more than that to an escrow even if it was my own mother.  

We agree on what proof is acceptable to you that doesn't compromise my coins or my other info aside from the BTC holdings.  

you down?

1. It wasnt personal with you . I just quoted you .  And I also replied with an Lol .  Which I guess sarcasm doesn’t translate well in the threads.   And I wouldn’t subject you to having to bet with

someone as dishonest and not reputable as me.  Maybe Chaz or QW will give you the action you’re looking for.    

9 minutes ago, Charles Vane said:

It's AFink, he has a jumbo poster of trump on his ceiling and thinks he's gonna save the country in 2024.  Stop taking these lunatics seriously.

I have two posters on my wall.   One is Henrik Lundqvist frame with game used patch in it.  2nd is a Tool poster from my last concert that they sell I think Alex Grey is the artist .   I expected that kind of response from you though.  You have nothing of substance to add to anything. 

13 hours ago, Tread said:

Just my opinions here..

Anyone who wants to invest in uniswap should first use it.  There are shit tons of youtube videos that teach you how to setup everything you need, and if nothing else and you don't want to do it yourself, watch several other people actually do it.

When they do a swap, pay attention to the ETH gas fee they are paying.  In recent weeks, gas is avg over 100 GWEI, so make sure to understand the GWEI the user in the video is paying relative to that.

At current ETH prices, 100GWEI will cost you around $20 to do a simple swap.  So if you want to swap $100 of a coin, you are going to pay $20.  Insane.

More complicated transactions, like setting up a liquidity pool, have 4 steps and you are looking at $80 just to run the transaction.  And thats when gas is 100.

This morning during the big BTC dip, gas went up to 1200 GWEI and has been between 600-800 for a few hours now.  Binance turned off all ETH transactions because it's simply insane to pay that much money to move anything less than like 100k.

IMO, ppl are going to move away using Uniswap and ETH de-fi because of this awfulness.  Imagine trying to get your 10k out of defi during a drop and having to pay over 1k in fees just to run the transactions.

Conversely, Binance Smart Chain transactions avg 10-50 cents while GWEI was 100 and are up into the 4-6 dollar range now with the increased activity.

Polkadot is supposed to have similar benefits, to my understanding, but it's a speculative play in a space with a lot of competition and we haven't really seen their chain in action yet with 10B in assets on it to make comparisons.  Cardano will play in this space too.  Probably forgetting some others.  If they do it well, people will likely choose to use Polkadot solutions instead of ETH.  But it's just too early to tell.

You sir, are amazing. Saved me quite a lot of cash probably, as i focus on poker and less on crypto and would have kept my poker funds in cardano/polkadot probably instead of bitcoin.

From too much poker i can not dive in this crypto trend but your detailed explanation got me interested in reading up on it. Cheers 🍻

So here we go, definitely have to update the overall trend to negative.  The Tenken line has crested and is trending down, and we finally tapped back at the Kijun line (almost perfectly you will notice).  Kijun bounces are fine for BIBCON 5 and we could continue the trend from here, however, if we don't get back above the Tenken in the next 48 hours and it keeps going down, our next touch of Kijun is likely where I would lower condition to 4

image.thumb.png.48fd4a6dc93db4a0127b8cfd0c2e2dc1.png

At BIBCON 4 and trending down we are likely headed to the cloud for a test, but with the way the cloud is shaped, we could see sideways consolidation and just run into it sideways.  Important 48 hours here to see how the reaction from the Kijun tap is.

The MACD (at very bottom) is about to go negative on the daily chart as well.  Doesn't mean it can't be fixed, but that's the trend.  Will re-evaluate after there is significant action near 44k (not just a scam wick).

image.png.7b73844e25bd50906fa5699072dbc439.png

1 hour ago, JB said:

I must be dead inside lol. Just woke up and saw and was completely unphased. 

Did you get back in yet? 

Nah. I still fear the big drop. I'm gonna sit on the sidelines a little longer until things at least stabilize a bit. I'm back to being ahead now tho, which is crazy.

8 hours ago, marinersheep said:

Tread has to have just about the highest approval rating on this site, right?

THE smartest when talking about crypto on this site by reallllly far. He also surrounds himself with reallllllly smart people outside of this site and irl. We have a mutual friend who also is absurdly intelligent. I cant feel dumber when I talk to them 2. 

1 hour ago, B_O_K_E said:

THE smartest when talking about crypto on this site by reallllly far. He also surrounds himself with reallllllly smart people outside of this site and irl. We have a mutual friend who also is absurdly intelligent. I cant feel dumber when I talk to them 2. 

wait until you have a different political opinion than him. Then you see who he really is.  I was very friendly with him and met him in person.. The first time we disagreed (about Kavanaugh) he got personal and showed me how he really felt. I'll step back out of this thread now but watch for snakes in the grass.

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, truesyalose said:

wait until you have a different political opinion than him. Then you see who he really is.  I was very friendly with him and met him in person.. The first time we disagreed (about Kavanaugh) he got personal and showed me how he really felt. I'll step back out of this thread now but watch for snakes in the grass.

Are you talking about the conversation where I called you out for forwarding false propaganda and you responded by making up a complete lie about my teenage son?  Yes, I really felt like those are the actions of a person with questionable integrity in the case of the former and the actions of a complete scumbag in the case of the latter.

And I will continue to feel those feelings for people who do either of those things, especially people who resort to inventing falsehoods about minor children to change the direction of an argument. 

• Haha 1