Pghfan987

Let's talk about bitcoin and cryptocurrency

24 minutes ago, killingbird said:

After spending 1 minute researching ETH it’s up like 1600%.  Later. 

I think when all is said and done (proof of stake) ETH will be the premier crypto. Meanwhile Lots of massive gains on other coins.

1 hour ago, Swerve said:

After spending 20 minutes researching HNT and the miners and such, I'm in.

I ordered a miner last week, no telling how long until it comes in but it's about 1.5 miles to the nearest hotspot so i'm good on that.

On 4/27/2021 at 5:10 PM, Swerve said:

Something something Uniswap clone something siphoned Uniswap customers something.  Something something staking something community governance something defi.

Or something.  You're better off reading about it yourself, I'm too noob to really be able to repeat anything I've read and do it justice.  Alls I really know is that my crypto guy liked it, so I bought some and I stake it on Sushiswap with Metamask.  And I was just reading yesterday that you can take the xSushi that you get for staking and "use that as collateral on Cream" and then use what you get from THAT to yield farm something else at the same time.  But that last part I haven't done yet, I know nothing about Cream so I want to check in with my guy first to make sure I don't just blindly do something stupid like I did when I yield-farmed about $400 of an ETH-SUSHI pair (which was such a tiny amount I basically lost $ paying gas fees to harvest rewards.  Apparently small-fries like me are already priced out of anything "ETH farming" for that very reason....? Or something like that.  Again I'm pretty noob but muh dude said something along those lines.)

If you want to do some yield farming but are priced out of doing it on eth, I would suggest looking into Flamingo Finance (runs on Neo) or Raydium (runs on Solana). You'll pay gas fees that are a fraction of a cent on either of those networks, instead of paying $100+ on eth. PancakeSwap/Autofarm on BSC is an option too but is pretty overrun with scamcoins so I'd be more careful there

7 hours ago, what is check said:

If you want to do some yield farming but are priced out of doing it on eth, I would suggest looking into Flamingo Finance (runs on Neo) or Raydium (runs on Solana). You'll pay gas fees that are a fraction of a cent on either of those networks, instead of paying $100+ on eth. PancakeSwap/Autofarm on BSC is an option too but is pretty overrun with scamcoins so I'd be more careful there

I appreciate the info and links but goddamn.  I barely know what farming/providing liquidity/staking even is but with your links that's like 10 fucking defi/staking/farming sites I have in my bookmarks now, and htf do I know what's best?  A bunch of rich poker players I know have been staking alpha... on alpha I think?  It's confusing that these things are both a coin and a site.  And then something something curve and 1inch and now I guess everybody's moving to staking Aave but I'm not sure what site that's on.  I guess... Aave.com? (Yup, i got it bookmarked)

I got bookmarked:

Alpha

Cake

Yobit

Cream

Sushiswap

Instadapp

Aave

Shapeshift

Integreal

Terra

Voyager (actyually this one might be an exchange)

and then plus the two you just linked.  Besides Voyager I think these are all defi similar type sites with their own coin/network/whatever goin on.  Like htf do you decide where to throw your money/coins at.

Edited by Swerve
8 hours ago, what is check said:

Also did you and I play Dominion once?  Havent played in years until today, prob last time was with you if im remembering correctly that it was you.  But I just paid for a months subscription for all the expansions at the new online place.  Its like $5. 

We should play again sometime.  I got a third guy too who likes to play, he's better than me and owns a bunch irl.

Edited by Swerve

The problem I have with staking is my funds are locked up so when it runs I can’t take my gains. 

Im pretty sure with the way crypto runs I can play amateur day trader, sell it off and re buy when it dips again and make more gains than with staking. 

I have Solana, ADA and some Chinese shitcoin staked. Solana has been running really well.  I would have killed it had I been able to sell when it ran and buy again on the dips. 

IDK though. I’ll probably get burned doing that. I’m pretty confident I can handle it though. And if I can’t I don’t really care. I can sort of detach myself in that sense. 

Weird response. I call myself amateur day trader and am clearly being self deprecating and pointing out I’ll probably get burned and you feel the need to go negative as if I’m bragging or something. 

Is it not a bull market? And I don’t mean I’m actually day trading. I mean I just want my funds available when something like Solana jumps 25% in a day and I know it’s going to give back half of it in the next 24-48 hours probably. 

Okay. My bad. I can see how you think I’m actually saying I’m trying to day trade.

I meant that in a self deprecating way. I’m not actually day trading. I just mean I’m on some amateur hour shit where when a coin jumps I’ll sell it and will buy it again when it drops. But I’m not buying and selling coins daily or anything like that. 

Edited by XXEDPXX
17 hours ago, Swerve said:

Like htf do you decide where to throw your money/coins at.

If gas fees on eth are pricing you out of using platforms on it, then I'd remove the options that only run on eth first. 

Then narrow down to options that seem reputable enough (smart contracts have been audited (if that even means anything these days lol), large TVL, project doesn't have obvious red flags). Pretty sure all the stuff you listed is fairly reputable.

Then optimize for biggest yields / highest conviction holds. E.g. a btc/eth pool where you can get 30% yield might be better than a shitcoin1/shitcoin2 pool paying 100% yield since the underlying assets you're holding in the pool are more likely to perform much better. 100% yield doesn't do much good if your initial investment goes -80%. Of course you can occasionally find hidden gems with both outrageous yield and some high upside in the token. Just make sure you understand what the potential risk is and if it seems too good to be true, figure out what risk you might be missing.

Beware ponzi tokenomics. There's pools where you can get 1000% yield but it's because only ~5% of the supply of the token is circulating and the remainder is going to be paid out as your yield. So really your gigantic yield is just massive inflation of the token your holding and you can expect to see the price of your token plummet 95% as the supply gets diluted.

That's the framework I would approach the decision with when looking where to farm/stake. But the truth is the entire space is exploding and there's more projects to look into than anybody actually has time to. Even if you can just find a pretty safe looking 20-30% yield on some assets that you would be holding anyways, that will obv add up in a pretty massive way over time and doesn't require you to purchase some scamcoin that you're gambling on.

18 hours ago, Swerve said:

Also did you and I play Dominion once?  Havent played in years until today, prob last time was with you if im remembering correctly that it was you.  But I just paid for a months subscription for all the expansions at the new online place.  Its like $5. 

We should play again sometime.  I got a third guy too who likes to play, he's better than me and owns a bunch irl.

And ya, I think we did. Or maybe Carcassonne or something? I believe you had a different username at the time but I recognize your writing style lol. I'd be down to play some board games some time, that would be fun

On 4/29/2021 at 9:47 PM, XXEDPXX said:

The problem I have with staking is my funds are locked up so when it runs I can’t take my gains. 

Im pretty sure with the way crypto runs I can play amateur day trader, sell it off and re buy when it dips again and make more gains than with staking. 

I have Solana, ADA and some Chinese shitcoin staked. Solana has been running really well.  I would have killed it had I been able to sell when it ran and buy again on the dips. 

IDK though. I’ll probably get burned doing that. I’m pretty confident I can handle it though. And if I can’t I don’t really care. I can sort of detach myself in that sense. 

I use kraken for Staking

cosmos (ATOM)

Tezos (XZT)

polkadot (DOT)  

High returns and insta-unstake.

Hotbit has mega micro-coins but is currently under maintenance for a few more days (attempted attack)

Posted (edited)

Anyone ever look at the shit coins on pancakes swap, safemoon etc.

It like holding a hand grenade with the pin out they could boom at any points, some crazy gains if you can get in and out at the right time. 

Take a look at refinable which launched last weeks, the bots got in and out in in 20 minutes turning 225K into over 10 million. It had to be a setup 60% of the supply was bought instantly at 0.08c and started selling 16 seconds later it pumped to over $8. 

Two I'm holding for the moment 

Upbnb

https://poocoin.app/tokens/0x9c3bbff333f4aeab60b3c060607b7c505ff30c82

BSCS

https://poocoin.app/tokens/0xbcb24afb019be7e93ea9c43b7e22bb55d5b7f45d

BNB is the big winner of this craze for the moment.

Edited by Homer07
  • Thanks 1

On 4/27/2021 at 9:25 PM, ripomatic said:

I think when all is said and done (proof of stake) ETH will be the premier crypto. Meanwhile Lots of massive gains on other coins.

On 4/27/2021 at 9:28 PM, Willywoo said:

lol

On 5/3/2021 at 10:41 AM, JKoblyn said:

Oh hi there ETH