advertisement_alt
Mrfreeze53

Official Netflix Content Thread

Loved The Queen’s Gambit series. Great period piece without a lot of fluff. Interesting storyline that treats characters with real depth. 

Watched The Outpost - USA/Afghanistan Based on true story - it was ok. Turned into a fairly standard shooting/survival flick but it was a story I didn’t know. 

Started Barbarians series. It’s ok so far - one of my favorite history time periods so that pulled me in. Hope it gets a little better overall to keep me interested. 

I watched Barbarians.  I love shows from that time period, as well.  It was definitely entertaining but not next level or anything like that.

Not Netflix but The Madelorian dropped today!  Already watched the first episode.  Love this show

15 hours ago, JKoblyn said:

The UK version is amazing, but it never got finished. HBO bought it, shit the bed with it, and now here we are

David Fincher was going to produce and direct it too. One of the biggest "what ifs". Fincher ended up doing Mindhunter, which is easily a top 5 show for me

11 minutes ago, JKoblyn said:

Yeah I was excited for Fincher, even though I would’ve preferred to just finish the original series out.   

No S3 of Mindhunter either, which is unfortunate. 

I bet there's going to be a S3 of Mindhunter. No reason it shouldn't happen. The actual people Mindhunter is based on spans over decades. Fincher just wasn't ready to do it so soon and Netflix didn't want to do it without Fincher(thank god)

Edited by hookey91

Queens gambit is excellent. I was up till 5am watching this master piece. 

I mentioned this one to my mum and re told the story about this being the 1st adult book I read as a kid. Mum said "Dad lent that book to someone and never got it back" Ive had it in "my" book collection for over 30 years lol. I brought it back to the old man, it is yellow and falling apart. 1st time I seen him smile in a while. 

Resized_20201031_115301.jpeg

Edited by elendil

Yeah it’s great. 
i love the relationship with the mom. I just watched ep 3, you think the reporter is gona take her innocence but the other guy does! Hell yea. Nice misdirect

Edited by Hughes4
10 hours ago, hookey91 said:

I bet there's going to be a S3 of Mindhunter. No reason it shouldn't happen. The actual people Mindhunter is based on spans over decades. Fincher just wasn't ready to do it so soon and Netflix didn't want to do it without Fincher(thank god)

Your takes on this are so wrong.  If we get a season 3 it will be like 2030.  Which I'll still take.

Edited by Mrfreeze53
6 hours ago, Mrfreeze53 said:

Your takes on this are so wrong.  If we get a season 3 it will be like 2030.  Which I'll still take.

Yeah, I was unclear. I meant to say that the show had not ended, just Fincher didn't want to do a S3 so soon because of other projects. Also Netflix didn't want to have the actors bound to the show. But there's nothing stopping the show from coming back in the near future, especially because the story spans over decades

Edited by hookey91

Fincher is booked the fuck up,given pre Covid projects and a lack of current Covid filming, film is gonna suck for quite awhile.  The only bright spot is given the shows nature and filming, and wide variety of actors,along with with wide variety of locations it could work.  They went on a hiatus as u know pre Covid, it could work.  Netflix has taken an advantage of true crime during this because it's easy to piece together true crime with little to no current shootings.  I imagine they will continue the trend with their success.

worked hurricane restoration for 45 days straight and just now settling down. have 3 weeks off so i plan on kncking some shows out. will finish off umbrella academy and will do queens gambit. Any shows on amazon prime worth watching?

1 hour ago, Camzeeee said:

worked hurricane restoration for 45 days straight and just now settling down. have 3 weeks off so i plan on kncking some shows out. will finish off umbrella academy and will do queens gambit. Any shows on amazon prime worth watching?

The Boys season 2 came out recently 

1 hour ago, Hughes4 said:

Did Wes Anderson make Moonrise Kingdom (2012) just to film those kids hooking up?

Not that anybody asked, but I am a big fan of some of his stuff but I didn’t care for The Darjeeling Limited or Moonrise Kingdom. I didn’t see Isle of Dogs. Here are his movies in order of release. Life Aquatic is my personal favorite. 

1) Bottle Rocket (1996)

2) Rushmore (1998)

3) The Royal Tenenbaums (2001)

4) The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou (2004)

5) The Darjeeling Limited (2007)

6) The Fantastic Mr. Fox (2009)

7) Moonrise Kingdom (2012)

8) The Grand Budapest Hotel (2004)

9) Isle of Dogs (2018) - Didn’t see 

10) The French Dispatch (2021)

image.gif.37d5a79c9f2188fb873ba60345bdd81b.gif

Edited by skeeze666
9 minutes ago, skeeze666 said:

Not that anybody asked, but I am a big fan of some of his stuff but I didn’t care for The Darjeeling Limited or Moonrise Kingdom. I didn’t see Isle of Dogs. Here are his movies in order of release. Life Aquatic is my personal favorite. 

1) Bottle Rocket (1996)

2) Rushmore (1998)

_5S3eP.gif

On 11/1/2020 at 4:19 PM, skeeze666 said:

1) Bottle Rocket (1996)

2) Rushmore (1998)

God I wish you posted more, my only change is Royal at number one shift everything else down one.  A Blockbuster employee suggested "Bottle Rockets" when I was really young 2000 or so, it was one of the few movies that got me into really trying to understand film.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, elendil said:

You call that shaming? Its called respect!!!

I see your joke, decent but weak, 3/10.

Im talking about the man who left her and handed her the pill bottle and said “be careful, beth”

Watching the Trial of the Chicago 7. 
why does the one guy eddie redmayne look like a fucking alien

it looks like they tried to use the de-aging tech and failed badly. I dont know if they in fact used it. I just googled the actor and he just looks like a freak in general

Edited by Hughes4
  • Haha 1