advertisement_alt
Mrfreeze53

Official Netflix Content Thread

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, acp said:

50 First Dates is one of the best movies ever made. There I said it, I feel better.

7 hours ago, DONKWOOD said:

I liked that movie too

Yeah that’s a movie that I’ve seen 50x. It’s entertaining. Although, the little girl that played their daughter in the last scene almost ruined the movie. Terrible acting. Probably somebody’s real daughter on the cast they just threw in their at the end. 

Another good Sandler movie that I like is Click, which co-stars Kate Beckinsale and Christopher Walken. And the Wedding Singer is also good. 

Worst movie ever made was Uncut Gems. Terrible. I wish I could unwatch it. 

Edited by JKR
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
On 4/21/2021 at 4:40 PM, elendil said:

The end of the f**king world is excellent.
Very quirky and dark. 

Watched this a long time ago.  Loved it!   Is there a new season?

Edited by Paki_Poker
2 hours ago, Paki_Poker said:

Watched this a long time ago.  Loved it!   Is there a new season?

Two season now. So yep.

Season 2 not as well done IMO, for disclosure. 

Come play some playstation with us Paki!!!

11 hours ago, elendil said:

Two season now. So yep.

Season 2 not as well done IMO, for disclosure. 

Come play some playstation with us Paki!!!

Yes season 2 was definitely weaker, but still a good show overall. 

There are some really good older movies on right now that some of you might not have seen. The Pelican Brief, State of Play, Mystic River, Scarface... there are a couple of others I can't think of right now. I hadn't seen State of Play... really good.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Tennis Bum said:

There are some really good older movies on right now that some of you might not have seen. The Pelican Brief, State of Play, Mystic River, Scarface... there are a couple of others I can't think of right now. I hadn't seen State of Play... really good.

Mystic River is really good. I’ll have to watch that again. I haven’t seen State of Play, so I’ll check that out. Thx 

I remember not loving State of Play... Back when I was writing movie reviews I posted this:

"Russell Crowe must have loved his role in the excellent film American Gangster because he apparently decided to reprise it almost shot-for-shot in the new action/thriller State of Play directed by Kevin Macdonald (The Last King of Scotland), only this time instead of a by-the-books cop he is a not-so-by-the-books reporter piecing together the puzzle of a who killed whom and why feature. We even get what is essentially a remake of him driving around in an old car littered with garbage, just in case we couldn’t tell that he doesn’t make much money as a cop/reporter.

The story revolves around the murder of a young and beautiful (aren’t they all?) researcher working for Representative Stephen Collins (Ben Affleck) while in the midst of a congressional oversight hearing pertaining to the potential shady operations of the company known as PointCorp. Young Della Frye (Rachel McAdams) is brought into the story along side Crowe for not much more than eye-candy, though I suppose she fits into the story a bit more somewhere, I just didn’t care to think about how.

This movie is old news. It has been done many times before. I don’t want to brag here, believe me, but I knew 90% of how this one would end about 30% of the way in, and I really don’t mean to brag because I can only assume that most of you will too.

Crowe is fine and Affleck is ok as well, but this script simply lacks any creativity. You’ll be asking yourself constantly while viewing what other movies this feels like, because there will be a lot. This film is fine for what it is, in a vacuum, as a drama/thriller with a reasonable length, reasonable dialogue, and, though completely undeveloped, a reasonable script. Obviously the intent was to play off of all the political scandals we see on TV and as well as the corruption of power in government, etc, but clearly this is just a bang you over the head filler film for this time of the year."

It’s probably slightly better than a lot that is out there at the moment, but simply put, wait it out for the (hopefully) better movies that should be out shortly.

11 hours ago, skeeze666 said:

I remember not loving State of Play... Back when I was writing movie reviews I posted this:

"Russell Crowe must have loved his role in the excellent film American Gangster because he apparently decided to reprise it almost shot-for-shot in the new action/thriller State of Play directed by Kevin Macdonald (The Last King of Scotland), only this time instead of a by-the-books cop he is a not-so-by-the-books reporter piecing together the puzzle of a who killed whom and why feature. We even get what is essentially a remake of him driving around in an old car littered with garbage, just in case we couldn’t tell that he doesn’t make much money as a cop/reporter.

The story revolves around the murder of a young and beautiful (aren’t they all?) researcher working for Representative Stephen Collins (Ben Affleck) while in the midst of a congressional oversight hearing pertaining to the potential shady operations of the company known as PointCorp. Young Della Frye (Rachel McAdams) is brought into the story along side Crowe for not much more than eye-candy, though I suppose she fits into the story a bit more somewhere, I just didn’t care to think about how.

This movie is old news. It has been done many times before. I don’t want to brag here, believe me, but I knew 90% of how this one would end about 30% of the way in, and I really don’t mean to brag because I can only assume that most of you will too.

Crowe is fine and Affleck is ok as well, but this script simply lacks any creativity. You’ll be asking yourself constantly while viewing what other movies this feels like, because there will be a lot. This film is fine for what it is, in a vacuum, as a drama/thriller with a reasonable length, reasonable dialogue, and, though completely undeveloped, a reasonable script. Obviously the intent was to play off of all the political scandals we see on TV and as well as the corruption of power in government, etc, but clearly this is just a bang you over the head filler film for this time of the year."

It’s probably slightly better than a lot that is out there at the moment, but simply put, wait it out for the (hopefully) better movies that should be out shortly.

If u actually post reviews again I'll post mine.  Saw "Wrath of Man" yesterday.  Guy Ritchie is on some Quinten crack with that pile of dogshit.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, JKR said:

Mystic River is really good. I’ll have to watch that again. I haven’t seen State of Play, so I’ll check that out. Thx 

Mystic River is one of the greatest films ever made.  Calling it good is an egregious downplay.  It's in my top 10 ever made, it's a masterpiece of crime dramas.

Edited by Mrfreeze53
  • Confused 1
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Mrfreeze53 said:

Mystic River is one of the greatest films ever made.  Calling it good is an egregious downplay.  It's in my top 10 ever made, it's a masterpiece of crime dramas.

You’re right. I wasn’t trying to downplay it and I’m sure that I would have raved about it had I just watched it last night for the first time and it was fresh in my mind. 

For anyone who has not seen the movie, it’s a must watch if you enjoy crime/dramas. It was nominated for a bunch of awards and the cast was excellent. Sean Penn won best actor and Tim Robbins won best supporting actor. 

Edited by JKR

Is that the one where his daughter is murdered? I know I've seen it but I cant remember what it was about. Guess I'll put that in my Q.

Sean Penn has never over acted as much as he did in Mystic River(excluding I Am Sam). The movie does not hold up all that well to be honest, and does not belong in best Boston movies argument 

On 5/8/2021 at 7:09 PM, DONKWOOD said:

Is that the one where his daughter is murdered? I know I've seen it but I cant remember what it was about. Guess I'll put that in my Q.

This daughter better get killed in the very beginning of the movie you son of a bitch.

39 minutes ago, Johnny Slippy said:

This daughter better get killed in the very beginning of the movie you son of a bitch.

That gets teased in the trailer.